Married Abroad

Guy's

Married in UK

Have marriage certificate with attached certification apostille stamp from Thai Embassy London.

Agent is assisting with some of the running around.

Agent is  asking for me to go British Embassy to certify copies of marriage certificate/certified stamp / passport

But I thought the marriage certificate has already been certified by Thai Embassy in London

Can anyone confirm!

This info I guess is needed for the agent to update wife's kor ror 22 

Any guys recent experience

Can give me the heads up.

Thanks in advance.

I am sure I read a thread on here last week where the Bangkok Embassy were unable to contribute in any way to this process and referred the poster back to the UK to go through the steps your have already taken.  As far as I recall the next steps are for the documents to be translated and certified by the MFA in Bangkok.  Perhaps your agent is getting the British Embassy and the Thai MFA mixed up?

• Like 1

We were married in the UK too.  It should be enough to have the UK certificate legalised by the UK Legalisation Office and then certified by the Thai Embassy in London.  As Upnotover says, it's nothing to do with the UK Embassy in Thailand.  

Was your marriage certificate legalised before it was certified?

https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised

22 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

I am sure I read a thread on here last week where the Bangkok Embassy were unable to contribute in any way to this process and referred the poster back to the UK to go through the steps your have already taken.  As far as I recall the next steps are for the documents to be translated and certified by the MFA in Bangkok.  Perhaps your agent is getting the British Embassy and the Thai MFA mixed up?

Marriage certificate was legalised first then certified by Thai Embassy London. Thanks for replying.

My Thai wife and I were married in Taiwan 1990 after which we had our marriage licence certified by the Thai embassy in Hong Kong. This has been accepted by Immigration in Bangkok when applying for a visa based on marriage, and for subsequent extensions.