JetStar, one of the most hated airlines in the world – survey

webfact

3 hours ago, ozfarang said:

All the bad publicity for Jetstar will not deter the punters who are always attracted to cheap fares like bees around a honey pot

Nothing wrong with Jetstar if you have right expectations. One needs to expect cancellations and delays and plan accordingly. The flight attendants look like age sixty plus unemployed on a work experience. Small bottle of water $4.

However I flew with Jetstar Sydney to Phuket last November with 54 kg baggage only for $300 AUD including charges for oversized baggage. Would cost me a fortune with full service airline.

As low cost airlines both AirAsia and Scoot are way better than Jetstar, but until recently none of them had direct flights from Thailand to Australia.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

That little toad that was imported and became CEO ruined what was Qantas long ago. He may have kept profits going for the shareholders but all else ...

I have friends who flew for 15 years and more as cabin crew and crew chiefs and they hated this fella and what he did to the airline. The crew quality fell through the floor and so did the moral and pride.

I stopped flying with the big kangaroo internationally years ago too. As for the domestic routes I have used in Oz, as recently as early 2019 and the cabin staff behaviour was atrocious, rude, arrogant, slovenly ... but out of a few choices preferable to the budget version in Oz. 

I heard nothing but horror stories about the Jstar subsidiary, shockingly unreliable, insane chaos in the terminal in Sydney - all the time.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Paul Henry said:

Jetstar and Qantas are both going down hill fast. Both companies are driven by greed. Customers and  sevice have become the victims. Latest Qantas profit shows what drives both companies,

Two people  here join the long queue of disgruntled ex customers.

Unfortunately, greed is not only limited to the airline industry.

10 hours ago, scorecard said:

Example: On a full evening Singapore Airlines flight Melbourne to Singapore, Economy class.

Two aussies in seat in front, one pressed the call button, hostess came quickly. The Aussie button pusher didn't say hello, acknowledge the girsl greeing, just said 2 G&Ts now. 

Hostie responds politely, ' gentlmen we're startin the pre dinner drinks service in about 15 minutes then we'll get to you quickly'.

Ausssie's response 'I mean now, and we want second G&Ts 20 minuts later and meals served 20 minutes after that'.

Hostie responded 'sorry gentlemen we are not ofering that type of service in Economy class. I'll be back in about 15 minutes with the first round of pre dinner drinks' and she walked away.

Aussie press the call button like crazy, within a minute the male purser arrived and said 'My staff have explained that we don't offer the type of service you are demaning and there is no further discussion'. 

Purser walked away followd by loud abuse, inclusing sexual inuendo aimed at the quite beautiful hostie.

There first G&Ts were served by th purser, no 2nd drinks meal served by the purser, and the 2 Aussie boys tried to complain about everyting on their meal trays using quite ful langauge.

Purser came back and took both trays away.

On arrival in Singapore the Sinagpore police boarded and quickly came with the purser and took the 2 Aussie boys off he aircarft.

As they were moving away from their seats the purser said 'you are both banned from flying Singapore airlines or a stopover in Changi Airport for 5 years.

Too bad there isn't an international "no fly" list for these kinds of jerks.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, koolkarl said:

Air Canada gets my vote.  Just go to Trip advisor and read the reviews. And they are

in the business of  losing luggage, cancelling flights with no refunds and blessed by the Canadian

government.  And you can't even sue them as the government has changed the laws to protect

the airlines.  You can see the other Canadian airlines on the list. You have been warned.

Like airline, like nation.

Canada and hapless, woke cancel culture

On 3/6/2023 at 4:26 AM, gearbox said:

Nothing wrong with Jetstar if you have right expectations. One needs to expect cancellations and delays and plan accordingly. The flight attendants look like age sixty plus unemployed on a work experience. Small bottle of water $4.

However I flew with Jetstar Sydney to Phuket last November with 54 kg baggage only for $300 AUD including charges for oversized baggage. Would cost me a fortune with full service airline.

As low cost airlines both AirAsia and Scoot are way better than Jetstar, but until recently none of them had direct flights from Thailand to Australia.

Well said.

Ultimately you get what you pay for.

Unfortunately folks have got this weird thought in their head, that you want to pay for a pack of peanuts, yet deserve Filet Mignon

At the end of the day it's a few hours out of your life, it'll get you where you want to be, you're not being waterborded so it ain't that bad

15 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

At the end of the day it's a few hours out of your life, it'll get you where you want to be, you're not being waterborded so it ain't that bad

Presuming you suddenly want to be in Alice Springs when you thought you were gong to Melbourne.... and have the dubious pleasure of viewing the middle of nowhere.... for 7 hours. You would have to do seat swaps to get a view of Ayer's Rock!

Budget flights are great until they go wrong... then you learn a lesson!

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Presuming you suddenly want to be in Alice Springs when you thought you were gong to Melbourne.... and have the dubious pleasure of viewing the middle of nowhere.... for 7 hours. You would have to do seat swaps to get a view of Ayer's Rock!

Budget flights are great until they go wrong... then you learn a lesson!

My biggest worry is flight delays or cancellations that result in missed connections.  That is why I prefer layovers with a minimum of 3 hours. 

On 3/6/2023 at 6:26 PM, gearbox said:

Nothing wrong with Jetstar if you have right expectations...

My expectation was to reach the destination. I guess it was too much to expect. I finally had to book another flight with different airline and Jetstar refused to reimburse me for the ticket.

Never again

1 hour ago, zig said:

My expectation was to reach the destination. I guess it was too much to expect. I finally had to book another flight with different airline and Jetstar refused to reimburse me for the ticket.

Never again

You most likely will reach your destination but not at the date or time you expect.... cancellations and rescheduling are fairly common. Last year January/February my flights from/to Sydney with Jetstar were recheduled multiple times, with days difference. Nowadays as the flights are pretty full they reschedule mostly for technical issues. However both Qatar and Qantas did pretty much these same with my bookings as well,  so I have low expectations for pretty much any airline. I'm lucky to be able to handle these changes pretty easily, but if I'm on tight schedule Jetstar would be ruled out if possible.

I've flown scores of flights on JetStar throughout Asia.  Cheap flights, usually on time, no unreasonable delays, no problem carrying oversize luggage (complete bicycles).  I got exactly what I paid for - a modestly comfortable seat taking me from point A to point B, and no extras I didn't want to pay extra for.  No complaints.

On 3/6/2023 at 2:37 AM, webfact said:

The survey analysed thousands of tweets using an AI sentiment tool

Oh, wait!

A computer-generated summary of irate Karen tweets changes everything!

Never again!

Government consumer protections agencies still exist in Australia but they have stopped performing like they did in the past. They are allowing all sorts of strife to occur and are scared to discipline any one over poor or even illegal performances. Contacting on ombudsman these days is useless. You just need to go back to the good old scream your head off at someone to get a result 

3 hours ago, gearbox said:

You most likely will reach your destination but not at the date or time you expect.... cancellations and rescheduling are fairly common. Last year January/February my flights from/to Sydney with Jetstar were recheduled multiple times, with days difference. Nowadays as the flights are pretty full they reschedule mostly for technical issues. However both Qatar and Qantas did pretty much these same with my bookings as well,  so I have low expectations for pretty much any airline. I'm lucky to be able to handle these changes pretty easily, but if I'm on tight schedule Jetstar would be ruled out if possible.

A tight schedule for me would be having to make a connecting flight. This is one reason to use the same airline if multiple segments are involved since they are more apt to make things right, in some cases delaying the connecting flight if many passengers are affected.

Personally, I cannot complain about JetStar. It was the only airline (out of 3) that quickly reimbursed me for a cancelled flight during Covid. The other two didn't. - One went out of business, but I managed, two-and-a-half years later, to use a 'credit' with the parent-airline. The money I spent for flights with a budget-airline based in Malaysia, I will probably never see again...

On 3/6/2023 at 7:27 PM, Tropposurfer said:

That little toad that was imported and became CEO ruined what was Qantas long ago. He may have kept profits going for the shareholders but all else ...

I have friends who flew for 15 years and more as cabin crew and crew chiefs and they hated this fella and what he did to the airline. The crew quality fell through the floor and so did the moral and pride.

I stopped flying with the big kangaroo internationally years ago too. As for the domestic routes I have used in Oz, as recently as early 2019 and the cabin staff behaviour was atrocious, rude, arrogant, slovenly ... but out of a few choices preferable to the budget version in Oz. 

I heard nothing but horror stories about the Jstar subsidiary, shockingly unreliable, insane chaos in the terminal in Sydney - all the time.

Yep. Unfortunately many in jobs they don't belong. There would only be one way to get rid of the money greedy men in industry and that's to promote everyone to avoid the business to make a point that bad behaviour is not tolerated. Alas, people who commit more horrid crimes are let go. In short Evil pays and if I had kids I would install the tuffness of such evil in them to succeed amongst societies finest evil people.  Thank you to the Aussie Cossack who showed a clip showing QANTAS boss at his finest. That was pretty funny.