Charles Bronson parole hearing starts today.

18 minutes ago, puchooay said:

I don't recall saying it wasn't.

However, the sentence appears to be on the high side.

Even the teacher himself suggested time served is already sufficient 

It is the doctors and psychiatrists and the professional parole board who decide whether he is still  a danger to society or not, it isn't the teacher who decides 

• Like 2

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

It is the doctors and psychiatrists and the professional parole board who decide whether he is still  a danger to society or not, it isn't the teacher who decides 

Once again, someone putting words in my mouth.

One of the most qualified and experienced psychiatrists has said he is showing good signs of being able to be released. Having had no reports of violent behavior for over 5 years, being 70 years old snd having been down graded to medium risk for the first time ever.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, puchooay said:

Once again, someone putting words in my mouth.

One of the most qualified and experienced psychiatrists has said he is showing good signs of being able to be released. Having had no reports of violent behavior for over 5 years, being 70 years old snd having been down graded to medium risk for the first time ever.

I didn't put words into you mouth at all, that a false allegation

• Like 2

7 hours ago, puchooay said:

I don't recall saying it wasn't.

However, the sentence appears to be on the high side.

Even the teacher himself suggested time served is already sufficient 

Look familiar?

"If you add all of his sentences together, he has still been in prison 18 years longer than his sentences."

He was sentenced to a discretionary life sentence.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, placeholder said:

Look familiar?

"If you add all of his sentences together, he has still been in prison 18 years longer than his sentences."

He was sentenced to a discretionary life sentence.

You clearly didn't read the whole thread and the references to legalities and the lawyers brief so, please do.

• Haha 1

In fact I have read the whole of the thread  Here's how you launched it:

"The man has served 18 years more than the sentence he is serving. Can they keep him imprisoned just because of what a few parole officers think of him?"

You got it wrong from the start.

A discretionary life sentence means the expiration of all those other sentences don't matter. The life sentence remains in force unless the authorities decide otherwise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

In fact I have read the whole of the thread  Here's how you launched it:

"The man has served 18 years more than the sentence he is serving. Can they keep him imprisoned just because of what a few parole officers think of him?"

You got it wrong from the start.

A discretionary life sentence means the expiration of all those other sentences don't matter. The life sentence remains in force unless the authorities decide otherwise.

And have you watched the documentary and read up on the lawyers brief?

It seems the life sentence was a bit of a farce. Who else has ever been given a life sentence with minimum 3 years? I can't find reference to any. 

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with what he has done or what has been done to him. It's an interesting case.

If he were jailed for the first time today, he would have been treated very differently. He would not be institutionalised but rather treated for his condition. Psychiatrists have reported that the 23 hour lock up he has been under has worsened his state of mind. 

What is interesting is the use of the word "asylum" when referring to Broadmoor and Rampton. The latter having been the subject of many reports of staff cruelty, drugging patients and locking them up for days on end.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, puchooay said:

And have you watched the documentary and read up on the lawyers brief?

It seems the life sentence was a bit of a farce. Who else has ever been given a life sentence with minimum 3 years? I can't find reference to any. 

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with what he has done or what has been done to him. It's an interesting case.

If he were jailed for the first time today, he would have been treated very differently. He would not be institutionalised but rather treated for his condition. Psychiatrists have reported that the 23 hour lock up he has been under has worsened his state of mind. 

What is interesting is the use of the word "asylum" when referring to Broadmoor and Rampton. The latter having been the subject of many reports of staff cruelty, drugging patients and locking them up for days on end.

You consistently evade the issue. You originally contended that the total of his sentences amounted to 18 years. That is false.

• Like 2

On 3/7/2023 at 12:47 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

He has never been a danger to society, only to prison staff. Just vindictiveness has kept him in so long. 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, proton said:

He has never been a danger to society, only to prison staff. Just vindictiveness has kept him in so long. 

From an early age in childhood he was always fighting, he was dismissed for attacking his manager when he had a job at Tesco's, got probation for criminal damage after he smashed some parked cars following an argument with his girlfriend's father. Worked as a furniture remover, while regularly fighting on his nights out.

He was in  serious trouble with the authorities for the first time after crashing a stolen lorry into a car. He was apprehended in his parents' home, 90 miles  from the scene of the incident. The driver of the car survived the collision, resulting in Bronson not facing serious penalty. More petty crimed followed.

Bronson was convicted of armed robbery in 1974, aged twenty-two.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Bronson_(prisoner)

He got hardened to more violent crime in prison and institutions, to claim he's never been a danger to society is stretching it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, placeholder said:

You consistently evade the issue. You originally contended that the total of his sentences amounted to 18 years. That is false.

Indeed that is false. I have never said that either.

I am not evading the issue either. I am trying to explain and see it from both sides. As the parole board will, or at least should do.

Edited by puchooay
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, puchooay said:

That is false. There have been no claims he has ever attempted to kill anybody.

While he's never been charged with an attempt to kill according to his own confession in his book:

"I was killing a man before their very eyes and getting away with it. His whole body was shaking like he was having a fit. I heard the death rattle. His face had turned blue, his eyes were bulging and his tongue hung down on his chin. This monster was on his way out and I felt so happy. He was getting off lightly for what he had done to that little girl."

MAD, BAD & DANGEROUS: I saw his eyes bulge as I choked life out of monster.. it felt so good.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/MAD%2C+BAD+%26+DANGEROUS%3A+I+saw+his+eyes+bulge+as+I+choked+life+out+of...-a060952074

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

While he's never been charged with an attempt to kill according to his own confession in his book:

"I was killing a man before their very eyes and getting away with it. His whole body was shaking like he was having a fit. I heard the death rattle. His face had turned blue, his eyes were bulging and his tongue hung down on his chin. This monster was on his way out and I felt so happy. He was getting off lightly for what he had done to that little girl."

MAD, BAD & DANGEROUS: I saw his eyes bulge as I choked life out of monster.. it felt so good.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/MAD%2C+BAD+%26+DANGEROUS%3A+I+saw+his+eyes+bulge+as+I+choked+life+out+of...-a060952074

Strange he was never charged for it. Did he exagarate it in his book for effect? He says "before their very eyes". Whose eyes? Maybe the prison officers allowed it to happen. The victim was a peado. Wouldn't be the first time they've turned a blind eye to such things. Ian Huntley was attacked even though he was supposed to be in isolation.

Edited by puchooay
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

I did get it wrong that you claimed 18 years. I believe it was only 12. That said your contention that has served 18 years more than the total of sentence is false. All this other stuff about the merits of his case is a deflection.

I hope the parole board don't erroneously believe the lawyers case is deflection. It is all part of the law in UK. 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

did everyone a favour, trying to getting rid of a child killer!

Edited by roo860
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, puchooay said:

I hope the parole board don't erroneously believe the lawyers case is deflection. It is all part of the law in UK. 

Whether or not they believe the lawyers case is a deflection is utterly irrelevant to the fact your latest response is another attempt at deflection.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Whether or not they believe the lawyers case is a deflection is utterly irrelevant to the fact your latest response is another attempt at deflection.

No need for them to "believe" the lawyer. He us telling the truth. He's not allowed to lie. It's a matter of how the parole board balance the appeal for parole.

It's the fact that I have the ability to see things both ways that appears  something you cannot comprehend.

Nothing I have written is untrue or "false" as you have suggested. I'm purely showing both sides of the situation.

If you want to believe I'm deflecting, that's fine. Even though your accusations are a result of a blinkered view.

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, puchooay said:

Strange he was never charged for it. Did he exagarate it in his book for effect? He says "before their very eyes". Whose eyes? Maybe the prison officers allowed it to happen. The victim was a peado. Wouldn't be the first time they've turned a blind eye to such things. Ian Huntley was attacked even though he was supposed to be in isolation.

While either he did or he didn't, make your mind up

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

While either he did or he didn't, make your mind up

Did or didn't what? 

No need for me to make my mind up. I've been asking questions. No one has been answering do it seems no one has made their mind up, with the exception of one poster who refuses to see both sides.

1 minute ago, puchooay said:

Did or didn't what? 

No need for me to make my mind up. I've been asking questions. No one has been answering do it seems no one has made their mind up, with the exception of one poster who refuses to see both sides.

You were more than asking questions, you made a statement:

1 hour ago, puchooay said:

That is false. There have been no claims he has ever attempted to kill anybody.

• Like 1