New climate study raises alarm for Asian Megacities

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

A new study that takes into account the effects of both climate change and normal oceanic variations predicts that by 2100, some of Asia’s major cities may be submerged.

I'll relax  then.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

A new study that takes into account the effects of both climate change and normal oceanic variations predicts that by 2100, some of Asia’s major cities may be submerged.

Well experts aren't called experts for nothing. Talking of climate change , started to need the air con again here the last few days, but still can't see that happening by 9 o'clock tonight.

• Confused 1

Well for all the rhetoric, global meetings, new green business technologies designed and implemented, new energy policies, tax incentives, human populations increasing etc... it does not seem to stop the polar caps melting, heat increasing.

Someone and some groups are making bank.

Edited by userabcd
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, BritScot said:

And London and strange as it is they are all still here, infact you can get 30 year plus mortgages..

We will resort to science, if the Dutch can do it, so can London. 

I can't afford a London mortgage!

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

We will resort to science, if the Dutch can do it, so can London. 

I can't afford a London mortgage!

Not many can and local born have no chance or even much desire to live there and opted to sell making a killing and buy further north. The fact that the uk doesn't have major costal defences being built should wake people up to the scam. The fact that mortgages are rising and not crashing around the coastal beach front property also should wake people up.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

I guess to you that's proof that sea level rise isn't happening or isn't a problem? 

To say that it's not the end of the world is not to say it isn't a problem. 

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

By the way, Obama's sea front property is about ten feet above sea level. Facts matter. That means it will about about three centuries at the current rates of sea level rise before it becomes a problem. Your gotcha moment is a furphy.

Okay, that's one out of how many million? You guys crack me up.

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

To say that it's not the end of the world is not to say it isn't a problem. 

Okay, that's one out of how many million? You guys crack me up.

Given that most cities and arable land lie near the sea it's definitely a problem and that problem needs to be fixed before a tipping point arrives in the very near future. Scientists know there's only one viable solution to the problem and it isn't building sea walls. 

11 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

If war didn't exist the military would be out of a job. If cancer didn't exist, many doctors would be out of a job. Your point?

Govt and people stop all wars and get on with each other, military budget diverted to and allocated to medicine and doctors scientists find a quick cure  for all human ailments then countries will be awash with money which could be distributed to us.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Govt and people stop all wars and get on with each other, military budget diverted to and allocated to medicine and doctors scientists find a quick cure  for all human ailments then countries will be awash with money which could be distributed to us.

And if a permanent solution to climate change is effected and made law then the climate change agencies will see their funds reallocated. Nobody is pushing back against this despite the right wing talking points. 

49 minutes ago, poskat said:

I'll worry when the rich folks and politicians stop buying the beachfront property, and start buying property a few miles inland cuz thats where the new coastline will be.

after harping about climate change, and its impending devastating effects for 8 years, the first thing B.H. Obama did after getting out of office was buy a $12 million dollar beach front estate on marthas vineyard

He also bought a beachfront property in Hawaii that is already having major problems with erosion.