Tucker Carlson, Donald Trump and the in-fighting at Fox News

Scott

276962_v9_bb.jpg

A $1.6bn defamation lawsuit against Fox News has pulled back the curtain on the inner workings of the powerful conservative cable network in the days after the 2020 US presidential election.

Dominion Voting Systems, a voting-machine manufacturer, alleges that Fox knowingly aired false allegations that their devices helped Joe Biden and the Democrats "steal" the election.

To make their case, the company has called dozens of Fox executives and journalists to testify in depositions and subpoenaed thousands of pages of their text messages and emails.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64895964

BBC.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

13 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I always knew that one day the truth behind the FOX inexplicable tirade of blatant lies would be revealed.

I didn't realise when it came it would be so overwhelming and thorough.

Trump needs to shoulder much of the blame for starting wild fictional conspiracies, but these FOX presenters/lying dirtbags for dollars, should also be facing criminal charges. They alone have whipped up millions of mindless right wing conspiracy believing morons into thinking there was some substance to what was obviously lies to anyone with a decent IQ.

And they knew it was all lies, and told it anyway, night after night. It's almost treasonous.

Is "Goebblesesque" a legitimate adjective?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ozimoron said:

It's past time to start calling out these conspiracy theory whack jobs for what they are. 

I think Chomper and Heybruce just did so most successfully, at least the local variety.  A hat tip to you both gents.

[Edit- Is anyone else starting to feel a bit bad about our resident magats getting schooled so thoroughly and relentlessly on a daily basis?]

Edited by Slip
  • Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Is "Goebblesesque" a legitimate adjective?

I don't see it in my comment, and will have to consult Rooster and his scrabble dictionary to know if your "goebblesesque" question is even a word.

My spell check suggests not.

Do you have any constructive criticism to offer on my post in actual aspects of it?

The FOX crew have seemingly being telling the truth under oath and something entirely different to their audience, or can you tell us all how the two somehow blend into reality?

Edited by darksidedog

5 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I don't see it in my comment, and will have to consult Rooster and his scrabble dictionary to now if your "goebblesesque" question is even a word.

My spell check suggests not.

Do you have any constructive criticism to offer on my post in actual aspects of it?

The FOX crew have seemingly being telling the truth under oath and something entirely different to their audience, or can you tell us all how the two somehow blend into reality?

I wasn't criticizing your comment.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I always knew that one day the truth behind the FOX inexplicable tirade of blatant lies would be revealed.

I didn't realise when it came it would be so overwhelming and thorough.

Trump needs to shoulder much of the blame for starting wild fictional conspiracies, but these FOX presenters/lying dirtbags for dollars, should also be facing criminal charges. They alone have whipped up millions of mindless right wing conspiracy believing morons into thinking there was some substance to what was obviously lies to anyone with a decent IQ.

And they knew it was all lies, and told it anyway, night after night. It's almost treasonous.

I agree with everything you say except that I would have removed the word "almost".

13 hours ago, Slip said:

I think Chomper and Heybruce just did so most successfully, at least the local variety.  A hat tip to you both gents.

[Edit- Is anyone else starting to feel a bit bad about our resident magats getting schooled so thoroughly and relentlessly on a daily basis?]

Well, since they're largely absent from the "schooling" threads I would say that they are. Am I feeling a bit bad?

In no way, shape or form!

• Haha 2

Fox News faces potential 'financial death penalty' due to Dominion lawsuit

If Dominion is successful, then all that would be left to determine is the amount of damages that Dominion is entitled to receive. 

Beyond that $1.6 billion, is the prospect of punitive damages that could also be in the billions -- putting the financial stability of the network at risk.

Dominion is "also seeking punitive damages, which are not capped under New York state law and could also be in the billions of dollars.

It would send a ringing message to all media companies to keep themselves in check and uphold the truth."

https://www.rawstory.com/fox-news-dominion-2659583123/

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, berrec said:

"Illegitmate" can have many meanings. Clinton did not claim that there was massive voter fraud and had the votes been honestly counted she would have won.

Remember that Trump claimed that not only did he win the electoral college, but that he also won the popular vote in that election. So he was crying fraud even in an election he won.

• Like 1

Fox News lied to you.

"This puts Fox News viewers in a bind. Do they stick with their beloved right-wing network and continue to get played for suckers? Will they sit back and confirm Fox Corporation chairman Rupert Murdoch’s obvious belief that they’re easy marks?"

Maybe some of our resident MAGA fans can answer these questions?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Fox News lied to you.

"This puts Fox News viewers in a bind. Do they stick with their beloved right-wing network and continue to get played for suckers? Will they sit back and confirm Fox Corporation chairman Rupert Murdoch’s obvious belief that they’re easy marks?"

Maybe some of our resident MAGA fans can answer these questions?

They'll just ignore it all.

• Like 1