Gary Lineker told to step back from presenting Match of the Day

Scott

9 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Immaterial......the Tories don't want to resolve the problem and having an enemy, UNHCR/ECHR, is perfect for them.......all rightwing governments need/invent enemies to keep the knuckleheads from focussing on what they are really doing.

Could you explain to me , me being a "knucklehead" makes it rather difficult for me to understand .

If the Tories don't want to resolve the problem of illegal immigration  and they want an enemy, why would they bring in new laws that intends to solve the problem ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

If your lot were in control there would be no problem, your Corby & Abbott would be on the beach waving the welcome flag.....:welcomeani:

Let’s stick with who is, or at least should be, in control shall we.

Saves you spending time imagining who ‘my lot’ are.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Exactly right. I'm glad you agree that there are outside influences getting in the way of the UK governments attempts to control immigration. I'm  happy to agree with you on that.

It's a shame the laws appear to be a blanket law covering all arrivals and not just those seeking legitimate refuge.

Seems the next government will also have the same issues. I'll look forward to your comments on that at a later date.

Treaties that the UK have signed up to are not ‘outside influences’.

I very much look forward to the next Government.

2 hours ago, transam said:

But your lot didn't want criminals deported, planes on the tarmac were unloaded, and you blame the Tory Party.

What did your lot do about it when they were in control, nothing, if they did, the fix would already have been in place.

Enoch was right......:clap2:

I don’t have a lot.

Perhaps you should look for causes of the failures amongst the Tories that has been in power for over twelve years.

2 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

the bbc is a 5th column operation gravy train ,Rees mogg is pushing for them to lose their compulsory licence fee and then they wont be able to pay mega salares to nobodys

lineker is on 250k for a days work down from 500k

bbc is full of lefty muckrakers

Don't forget your meds before your hot milk.

3 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Mine too. Hence my post about what obstacles the UK's immigration policies are facing.

Over twelve years to get it right, and still failing.

But true to form.

It’s always somebody else’s fault.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Mine too. Hence my post about what obstacles the UK's immigration policies are facing.

Due the the numbers, it hasn't previously been such a big issue 

The amount of boat people was manageable 

There were 764 people coming across the English channel in 2018 and that rose to 45 756 last year

764 people arriving by boat per year was manageable , 45 758 people arriving isn't manageable and that is why action is now being taken 

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

There were 764 people coming across the English channel in 2018 and that rose to 45 756 last year

764 people arriving by boat per year was manageable , 45 758 people arriving isn't manageable and that is why action is now being taken 

I see you are in full agreement with Chomper's [most excellent] point:

Over twelve years to get it right, and still failing.

I wonder how they can mess it up worse than the present shambles.  

Edited by Slip
[Credit where it's due]
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Correct, a complete loss of control.

Coincident with the UK ‘taking back control’ and leaving the Dublin Regulation.

3 minutes ago, Slip said:

I see you are in full agreement with Chomper's point:

I wonder how they can mess it up worse than the present shambles.  

You seemed to have misunderstood my point . 

Shall I make the point again ?

5 years ago it wasn't such a big problem, with just 764 people sailing across and its only became a problem recently with 45 756 people sailing across last year .

The UK could accommodate 764 people per year , it cannot accommodate 45 756 people per year and that's why action is being taken now 

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Correct, a complete loss of control.

Coincident with the UK ‘taking back control’ and leaving the Dublin Regulation.

Even more strikingly, the Dublin Regulation inflow to the UK in the year 2018 was nearly six times the outflow. As the Home Office noted in February 2019: "There were 1,215 transfers into the UK under the Dublin Regulation.

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/briefing-paper/444/transfers-of-asylum-seekers-from-the-uk-under-the-dublin-system#:~:text=There were just 209 transfers,4.

Dublin Regulation is so great that the EU announced they plan to scrap it

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You seemed to have misunderstood my point . 

Shall I make the point again ?

5 years ago it wasn't such a big problem, with just 764 people sailing across and its only became a problem recently with 45 756 people sailing across last year .

The UK could accommodate 764 people per year , it cannot accommodate 45 756 people per year and that's why action is being taken now 

It's a theory.  Here's another.  It's basically the same as yours but recognises the fault of the present government in the issue:

The UK population has finally started to take note of the dreadful mess the tories have made of governing the country (including immigration) in their time in power.  The immigration/ refugee nonsense helps them to manipulate the (dwindling) daily mail readers who are still willing to vote for them.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Even more strikingly, the Dublin Regulation inflow to the UK in the year 2018 was nearly six times the outflow. As the Home Office noted in February 2019: "There were 1,215 transfers into the UK under the Dublin Regulation.

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/briefing-paper/444/transfers-of-asylum-seekers-from-the-uk-under-the-dublin-system#:~:text=There were just 209 transfers,4.

Dublin Regulation is so great that the EU announced they plan to scrap it

Migration Watch.

Righty-o

And I mean righty, extreme righty-o.

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Migration Watch.

Righty-o

And I mean righty, extreme righty-o.

Dublin rule for asylum seekers to be replaced, EU’s von der Leyen says

EU chief Ursula von der Leyen said on Wednesday that proposed new migration reforms would replace the so-called "Dublin Regulation", which governs which member state handles a new arrival's asylum claim. 

https://www.france24.com/en/20200916-dublin-rule-for-asylum-seekers-to-be-replaced-eu-s-von-der-leyen-says

7 minutes ago, Slip said:

It's a theory.  Here's another.  It's basically the same as yours but recognises the fault of the present government in the issue:

The UK population has finally started to take note of the dreadful mess the tories have made of governing the country (including immigration) in their time in power.  The immigration/ refugee nonsense helps them to manipulate the (dwindling) daily mail readers who are still willing to vote for them.

I will make the point for the third and last time .

Boat people arriving in the UK  wasn't previously a problem and has only became a problem in the last few years and the U.K Gov have responded to those problems and have now taken measures to stop it . 

It wasn't a problem 12 years ago and thus no action was taken 

23 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Dublin rule for asylum seekers to be replaced, EU’s von der Leyen says

EU chief Ursula von der Leyen said on Wednesday that proposed new migration reforms would replace the so-called "Dublin Regulation", which governs which member state handles a new arrival's asylum claim. 

https://www.france24.com/en/20200916-dublin-rule-for-asylum-seekers-to-be-replaced-eu-s-von-der-leyen-says

"I can announce that we will abolish the Dublin Regulation and we will replace it with a new European migration governance system. It will have common structures on asylum and return and it will have a new strong solidarity mechanism," van der Leyen told European lawmakers in Brussels.”

Yes, replaced.

What the EU aren’t doing is introducing new laws that break international treaties and international law.

24 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I will make the point for the third and last time .

Boat people arriving in the UK  wasn't previously a problem and has only became a problem in the last few years and the U.K Gov have responded to those problems and have now taken measures to stop it . 

It wasn't a problem 12 years ago and thus no action was taken 

You can <deleted> into the wind all you like.  The tories have failed to manage their uk immigration responsibly in the 13 years they have been in power and have created a cluster-**** that they are now flailing around trying to blame on the most abject powerless people.

They will be gone at the next GE thanks be to your deity of choice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slip said:

You can <deleted> into the wind all you like.  The tories have failed to manage their uk immigration responsibly in the 13 years they have been in power and have created a cluster-**** that they are now flailing around trying to blame on the most abject powerless people.

They will be gone at the next GE thanks be to your deity of choice.

Just criticise  everything without offering a better solution .

That is so easy to do, just point fingers at other people and say how bad they are  and being unable to offer a better way to do things .

For the fourth time, there wasn't a problem with illegal immigration coming from France 13 years ago and there was no need to take any new measures to curb a non existent problem  .

Problems began three years ago and new measures were taken to fix those problems 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is so easy to do, just point fingers at other people and say how bad they are  and being unable to offer a better way to do things .

For the fourth time, there wasn't a problem with illegal immigration coming from France 13 years ago and there was no need to take any new measures to curb a non existent problem  .

Problems began three years ago and new measures were taken to fix those problems 

Head against a wall.????????????????.

I guess it has been a long standing issue. That is what your doubters are saying.

I would suggest the issue likely goes way past 13 years ago. No one has posted a link to show the issue started exactly at that time.

The issues probably started when the previous government was in power. Why didn't they sort it?

19 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

For the fourth time?  Every time you make the same ridiculous point it emphasises that it is the tories who have sleep-walked into this debacle.  As I had to say to you in the end last night- I have better things to do with my time, so I'm done here.  Enjoy your day/ evening.

Just now, Slip said:

For the fourth time?  Every time you make the same ridiculous point it emphasises that it is the tories who have sleep-walked into this debacle.  As I had to say to you in the end last night- I have better things to do with my time, so I'm done here.  Enjoy your day/ evening.

The facts contradict your opinion .

The problems only began three years ago and the Tories have been taking measures to stop it since then .

The Tories haven't been sleep walking into this , they addressed the problem when it arose

• Haha 2