'We're asking for help to bring our boy home to Manchester so he's not alone as he fights for his life'

webfact

21 minutes ago, kwilco said:

Most accidents happen within 5 km from home.

The length of your journey has nothing to do with it and even speed is only a part of it.

You can come off a stationary bike and die.

You just can't imagine the possibilities and of course that's when crashes happen.

Yes better watch it !!! Especially while the pretty bloody heavy, Great Grand son starts doing Lay backs off the back seat !!! !@#$%^&*)*& .... As I pass power Poles and Trees !!!

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Mark mark said:

Well Yes, No I do not. ...  I should try one in my Next Life !  Though well If I get a Good little Yamie 360 4 stroke in this one, ... maybe I will try one then also. ... Well for sure I will. Can you surges any ? (Just the basic Good but simple ones) (I had a Shoe I think before the top one ? back then like 45 years ago now !!!) or is that against Site rules ? ...

Thanks, though well The Perspex still gets scratched, and well it IS just a hassle, if you do REALY Like REAL, Direct vision of the Road ahead of you ??? .... I think.

It not just the make..you need a hetdesigned for hotweather. When imoved from UK to Oz i had to review all of my M/C clothing.   Carbon fibre is the way to go in clothing as well as heads hands and feet..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kwilco said:

It not just the make..you need a hetdesigned for hotweather. When imoved from UK to Oz i had to review all of my M/C clothing.   Carbon fibre is the way to go in clothing as well as heads hands and feet..

Wow Yes !!! Greatest Thanks !!! (I really would love to ride again you know !!! ) ... Yes Carbon Fiber for the Suit, ...  Like I still are in the thinning of the fabled "Leathers" erra ... right.  ... So carbon Fiber for the Suits, ... The Helmut, and well Gloves which I WOULD have on a Big Bike for sure also .... I always felt I never needed them (Gloves) on a Smaller bike !!! ... ( And also it was a nice feeling of you flesh actually on the handle grips, and the Clutch and Brake levers)  ... and well I came of them quite a few times also ... I just missed any thing solid ! ... so I survived ! ( Thanks God !!! ) ... And well, the rest of the traffic missed me also I guess ? ... There WAS just quite a Lot of just Raw Luck in that also I think ! .... Though it is also how I drove it !!!    I Always considering what I was, going to do, ... If I DID come off !!! 

... So do know of any God Local Carbon Fiber Full Face Helmut's. ? ... And I guess that the Boots and suit are Just in the shop. ... Though I still would be experimenting, with a Visor I I think for sure ! ???

A post in violation of fair use policy and the replies have been removed:

27. You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Only post a link, the headline and three sentences from the article. Content in the public domain is limited to the same restrictions.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mark mark said:

Wow Yes !!! Greatest Thanks !!! (I really would love to ride again you know !!! ) ... Yes Carbon Fiber for the Suit, ...  Like I still are in the thinning of the fabled "Leathers" erra ... right.  ... So carbon Fiber for the Suits, ... The Helmut, and well Gloves which I WOULD have on a Big Bike for sure also .... I always felt I never needed them (Gloves) on a Smaller bike !!! ... ( And also it was a nice feeling of you flesh actually on the handle grips, and the Clutch and Brake levers)  ... and well I came of them quite a few times also ... I just missed any thing solid ! ... so I survived ! ( Thanks God !!! ) ... And well, the rest of the traffic missed me also I guess ? ... There WAS just quite a Lot of just Raw Luck in that also I think ! .... Though it is also how I drove it !!!    I Always considering what I was, going to do, ... If I DID come off !!! 

... So do know of any God Local Carbon Fiber Full Face Helmut's. ? ... And I guess that the Boots and suit are Just in the shop. ... Though I still would be experimenting, with a Visor I I think for sure ! ???

Dude, what color's your bike? You should get one of those carbon-fiber Iron Man suits to match!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mark mark said:

Yes better watch it !!! Especially while the pretty bloody heavy, Great Grand son starts doing Lay backs off the back seat !!! !@#$%^&*)*& .... As I pass power Poles and Trees !!!

Yes ! ... Helmut's and adjust your speed for the situation.

Still Yes I am Older now !!! But possibly was not so smart when I was younger ? ... But well I DID make it to here though any way !!! ... Luck ! ? ... And good management.

Yes I was coming home from town one time some Years ago now, and as I went around one of the Tight Corners along the way, on the Small Road Home, and the road was wet, about half way around the hardest bend !!! … and the back end went out, like right out !!! .... But luckily I was not going to fast as I KNEW that it might be wet !!! in places, ….(And that my back end WAS Likely to go out also !!! ) ... 

… But I did not panic, Like if I Had hit the brakes we would have gone over the High side,  so to speak !!! and well my Wife who was on the back WOULD have been seriously Injured !

… I just kept the Power on, and as the Bikes back end slid out, I did not steer against it, … as it could then have dug in, … and the outcome would have been the same, Picking myself up, with a Badly Injures wife, … I steered with the slide !!! … And just put a bit of more power on, to keep the Wheel turning at normal speed, ….. but not sliding any more than necessary, …Like that is the benefit of going a bit slower, … you then  have the room to  actually put the power on if you need to !!! ???

And I got the Bike back in control, only growing sideways, ...   But then was able to slowly get it back around to going straight Again. !!! ... And then we just continued on home !!! ...

And then the Missus just got off !!! and said, ... "Well now I can tell everyone that my Husband can ride a Motor bike Sideways" !!! … and then she just walked in to the house !!! ... (With the shopping that she also had had on the back of the Bike in the slide. !!! )

Great Times on that bike ! ? Well any Bike !!! … If you watch what you are doing, the Road and behind you ... Know how to ride, .... And take some care. ...

... And well We WERE wearing our Helmets, like we ALWAYS Wore our Helmets. 

• Like 1

Try Zeus helmets, Panda helmets or https://www.yourhelmetshop.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwn9CgBhDjARIsAD15h0Ch74rSuqovmCaUkSeOt6vItZqr_ualKfSGdWVc2K53zOWWts0mLBoaAoIcEALw_wcB

There is a plethora of good helmets suitable for the tropics in Thailand. Just do a little research

As someone who crashed a bike when was 16 and was only wearing short gloves I know that you don't need to be going at speed to put both hands out of action for nearly 3 months.

Visors are an essential piece of kit and they are now optically clear. Again from experience when hit it the eye by a large flying insect (about 8cm) and had my eye closed for about a week.

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

You are spinning nonsense. If the family says he didn't have a helmet, they admitted he broke the law. It is very unlikely that they admitted that he broke the law when he actually had a helmet and didn't they or brake the law.

Still on the elementary level.

The family of any road accident victim are incapable of being unbiased and in Thailand they or anyone else getting a true account of the incident is virtually nil....yet you persist in paying this guessing game. 

It because they THINK he was breaking the law that they seem to be trying to deflect blame on the pick up...thety are looking for sympathy, not facts.

The chance to analyse that crash as gone now, that ship has departed.... no calibration to find out relative speeds, no tracing the vehicle paths, .... there isn't even a diagram of the crash to work from..... yet people seem to think they know better....I ask you!

7 minutes ago, kwilco said:

Try Zeus helmets, Panda helmets or https://www.yourhelmetshop.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwn9CgBhDjARIsAD15h0Ch74rSuqovmCaUkSeOt6vItZqr_ualKfSGdWVc2K53zOWWts0mLBoaAoIcEALw_wcB

There is a plethora of good helmets suitable for the tropics in Thailand. Just do a little research

As someone who crashed a bike when was 16 and was only wearing short gloves I know that you don't need to be going at speed to put both hands out of action for nearly 3 months.

Visors are an essential piece of kit and they are now optically clear. Again from experience when hit it the eye by a large flying insect (about 8cm) and had my eye closed for about a week.

Wow How Great Quilco, !!! … How Great and Thanks Mate !!!  ... And I have it backed up as well !!! – Thanks.

Yes, I do have Hereditary Anxiety, AND I overcome it by being Compulsive Obsessive !!! ...  (Still that would not be to bad a Combination for a good Motor cycle Rider, !!! ??? … Just thinking about it !!! )... And what sort of Helmut should I replace my almost 50 year old Shoue ? with. ( Forgot it's Real name ? … It was White.) ...  

Like I might ride again now .... Though it probably will be a while before I join all of the Boys out there on Asia, (Racing in between the bridges ? ) at 3 o’clock in the Morning I guess ! ? ...

Still, get my Old age Dream !!! a 360, 2 cylinder  four stroke.

… Yes if I live, … and my Wife passes on, ( Like it happens you know !!! ) one of those could be a good replacement ! … And well go a LOT faster !!! ... If a bit more Dangerous. …

... And the Boots and The Suite !!! … and well some gloves !!! … For all of you Good Guys Posting here’s advice !!! ...

And Thanks.

OWS. (Once Was Steptoe – My Real nick Name.)

• Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Mark mark said:

Wow How Great Quilco, !!! … How Great and Thanks Mate !!!  ... And I have it backed up as well !!! – Thanks.

Yes, I do have Hereditary Anxiety, AND I overcome it by being Compulsive Obsessive !!! ...  (Still that would not be to bad a Combination for a good Motor cycle Rider, !!! ??? … Just thinking about it !!! )... And what sort of Helmut should I replace my almost 50 year old Shoue ? with. ( Forgot it's Real name ? … It was White.) ...  

Like I might ride again now .... Though it probably will be a while before I join all of the Boys out there on Asia, (Racing in between the bridges ? ) at 3 o’clock in the Morning I guess ! ? ...

Still, get my Old age Dream !!! a 360, 2 cylinder  four stroke.

… Yes if I live, … and my Wife passes on, ( Like it happens you know !!! ) one of those could be a good replacement ! … And well go a LOT faster !!! ... If a bit more Dangerous. …

... And the Boots and The Suite !!! … and well some gloves !!! … For all of you Good Guys Posting here’s advice !!! ...

And Thanks.

OWS. (Once Was Steptoe – My Real nick Name.)

Back in '79 or '80 I had a CJ360t (like below), not a yammi but a great bike,,,

CJ360.jpg.cddc8803ec17d22cdff6b43011237c72.jpg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, kwilco said:

Still on the elementary level.

The family of any road accident victim are incapable of being unbiased and in Thailand they or anyone else getting a true account of the incident is virtually nil....yet you persist in paying this guessing game. 

It because they THINK he was breaking the law that they seem to be trying to deflect blame on the pick up...thety are looking for sympathy, not facts.

The chance to analyse that crash as gone now, that ship has departed.... no calibration to find out relative speeds, no tracing the vehicle paths, .... there isn't even a diagram of the crash to work from..... yet people seem to think they know better....I ask you!

Ramble ramble.

They said he had no helmet. There would be a helmet on his head / at the scene if he did have one.

35 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Back in '79 or '80 I had a CJ360t (like below), not a yammi but a great bike,,,

CJ360.jpg.cddc8803ec17d22cdff6b43011237c72.jpg

Wow ! Nice !!! ... Looks like it handled all right !!! and Just look at those Carbies !!! Just right there if you had any Fuel problems !!! ... Nice !!!

I had a TZR, one of the first Exhaust valve 2 strokes ! ... Went like the Clappers !!! Like Rice Burners Ruel with that Bike, ( and even more so with the similar Kwakers !!! ) ... But well !!! Run your back wheel over even a bit of old Bubble gum ! or even a slightly wet patch ! Going around a corner !!! and Watch Out Mate !!! ... 

On 3/15/2023 at 2:04 PM, Eloquent pilgrim said:

In fairness to the family, they must be devastated, and in trying to raise funds, would probably want to say he was an innocent victim, and not in any way culpable for his situation, apart from not wearing a helmet, which they state. Very sad story whatever his culpability, and interesting, but not surprising, to hear that a different version of events is appearing 

Drunky made some bad decisions. Family is now asking strangers to fund those bad decisions.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

They were awful, and you have now lost all credibility. 

I can't imagine I ever had any credibility, but I liked the way it looked and the way it rode. I never had a really nice bike.

A friend of mine rode it from Los Angeles to Orlando two-up, I thought that was hilarious. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, kwilco said:

Every day I see Thai people squinting into the wind, road grime and rain. Why not wear a full face helmet and be comfortable plus more likely to survive a crash?

• Thumbs Up 1

I heard after the accident he was just fine. But, he had put his jacket on backwards to help with wind. When he crashed the Thais turned his head back around to match the front of the jacket. That is when he started having problems.  

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/16/2023 at 12:08 AM, Yellowtail said:

What we do know is that his family is left begging for money to pay his not very large hospital bills, and his children will probably only have a few newspaper articles to remember him by. 

When I was 31 I was in a hospital with no insurance and ended up on disability for five years as a result of my running around the country getting hammered doing my best to impregnate all the women I could. I think that was pretty selfish, and I did not have a wife and children. 

That you do not see the guy's behavior as selfish leads me to understand a lot about the kind of man you are as well. 

You ended up in hospital and were disabled for 5 years as a result of  trying to impregnate women, ???   

After more than 30 years here, that has to be one of  the most ridiculous  stories I have ever heard.  but ok I will give you the benefit of the doubt.     You were a single guy with no kids, so why describe your behaviour as selfish?  Your post is nothing more than virtue signalling.  That tells me all I need to know.

Looks like you may have to up your game though, as your points to post ratio indicates a lack of popularity. Never mind 3 other like minded individuals appear to have crawled from under their rocks to "like" your post, did you get the warm smug feeling you were hoping for?

Edited by Bday Prang

38 minutes ago, Dogsredrocket said:

Every day I see Thai people squinting into the wind, road grime and rain. Why not wear a full face helmet and be comfortable plus more likely to survive a crash?

Not to mention the sand and particles that fly into your eyes

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

You ended up in hospital and were disabled for 5 years as a result of  trying to impregnate women, ???   

After more than 30 years here, that has to be one of  the most ridiculous  stories I have ever heard.  but ok I will give you the benefit of the doubt.     You were a single guy with no kids, so why describe your behaviour as selfish?  Your post is nothing more than virtue signalling.  That tells me all I need to know.

Looks like you may have to up your game though, as your points to post ratio indicates a lack of popularity. Never mind 3 other like minded individuals appear to have crawled from under their rocks to "like" your post, did you get the warm smug feeling you were hoping for?

That you don't see running around the country hammered, tying to impregnate as many women as possible as selfish says a lot about the kind of man you are. Carry on then...

6 hours ago, Dogsredrocket said:

Most definitely on the Highways though not necessary on the small roads ! ? Still TIT some of them ride on the Highways like they are Riding on a Small Road !!! ...

Like in the truck lane which is theirs ''' To share with the trucks.

I always used a full faces Helmut. !!! But never used a face Visor. ...

And it was just my way. Get a better view if the road and it's surface ahead. ...

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

I am not the one who "ran around the country hammered trying to impregnate as many women as possible"  that was you, and by your own admission you made yourself ill and required hospitalisation and 5 years of convalescence Lol  ( sounds like you were doing something wrong, (and forgot the lube)

I said that as you were single and childless there was no need to self flagellate for your perceived guilt of being "selfish"    And that seems to have touched a nerve !  Ouch ! You are taking virtue signalling to a whole new level.

Why would you wish to "impregnate as many as possible"  you have issues   you should seek help

Jessis What has gone wrong here Fellas !

...  I must be reading the posts the wrong way around !!! ... 

I think that what tjis poor Loonie fellow fr9m Manchester (a lit of Indians in Manchester is't there and that must be having a lot of kids ? ... Well possibly ?  .. and quite possibly be Islamic ??? ) ...

This all was just a total tragedy !!! AND for thr poor Thai Guy also that must have hit Him.  ... And for sure Localy speaking he was probably in the wrong place on the Road ? !!! ... A place Where no Thai's would probably be st 3.30 am ?

I think that it all is just turning out just so Quite Obviously !!! As normal fir a just Total F' up.

And the Go fund me Campaign is just a factor of Another Issue !!! ... "Go Find Me" Campaigns !!!

I see that the Fellow that is Running this one ! ? Has an Irish Name Doesn't he ??? ...

Sorry ! ... I just Just to throw another couple of  Boomerangs in to the Camp site fellows. ? ???

Jessis What has gone wrong here Fellas !

...  I must be reading the posts the wrong way around !!! ... 

I think that what tjis poor Loonie fellow fr9m Manchester (a lit of Indians in Manchester is't there and that must be having a lot of kids ? ... Well possibly ?  .. and quite possibly be Islamic ??? ) ...

This all was just a total tragedy !!! AND for thr poor Thai Guy also that must have hit Him.  ... And for sure Localy speaking he was probably in the wrong place on the Road ? !!! ... A place Where no Thai's would probably be st 3.30 am ?

I think that it all is just turning out just so Quite Obviously !!! As normal fir a just Total F' up.

And the Go fund me Campaign is just a factor of Another Issue !!! ... "Go Find Me" Campaigns !!!

I see that the Fellow that is Running this one ! ? Has an Irish Name Doesn't he ??? ...

Sorry ! ... I just Just to throw another couple of  Boomerangs in to the Camp site fellows. ? ???

At great risk to the Management !!! ...

Catholics have a lit if zchildren Don't they.  ???