'We're asking for help to bring our boy home to Manchester so he's not alone as he fights for his life'

webfact

1 hour ago, kwilco said:

That is not what this person said...they were untumating personal detailed knowledge of the accident and making unfounded judgements.

Crash helmets can improve your chances of survival by about 35%. ...they are limited in what they can do.

Of course it's best to wear a helmet but they are not some kind of panacea.

People are far too keen to make ill-informed judgments on this guy's  fate based on a smug "holier than thou" attitude. It just shows how little they understand about crashes and analysis thereof.

We simply don't know.

Ok, nice to know, like a figure that you would have envisaged ? ... Though a bit Low for me. .... So well any way No Helmut 35%, Drunk ? % talking on his Phone to his girlfriend while riding ? % ... Not looking where he was going, or behind him on a dark late night, ? % .... Obviously being in the wrong place on the Road, ? % ... and 3.00 am ! ? ? % ... So what do you think were his Total likelihood of Survival ! ? … Not actually to good I would say myself ???

I think that his Family should write an Apology note to the Driver that he hit ? ... Or he just rode in front of at 3.00 am. … And His family also, as these people has probably been fairly Mentality stressed out, and possibly his Family also by this. ??? ... And well then there is the Damages to his Vehicle and the Loss of time and for his Life and Job. ! ? Possibly also ! ? ... So I think that some of the Go fund me Money should go to the Poor man who he hit, and that family.

Like you people do not know what the Thai Family, and all of those around them are saying do you !!! ??? About the drunk foreigner that ran in to their Son, Or Father ???

• Confused 2

Yes and with all respect, You guys do know that this is Blog Really could be considered a Bit of an Advertising, as well as Just Money raising Hit Job ??? Right ??? ... As I am sure that the Intelligent ones here do ! ? … Like making marketing Clicks for AN and their sponsors, ... and also Money for the Go fund me Campaign ??? ...

Like do you think that there would have been so much said about this if it was the Son of some well off Knobs in London ??? .... I don’t think so ??? ...

It was just some Poor bastard from Manchester !!! ... And well they must have known the really bad Facts of what he was doing, before the accident, before they put the Blog on, for so much of a Turn ! ? Wouldn’t you think ? .... Like the Perfect kicking Target, Right !!! … And only a poor bastard from ... Manchester !!!  .... So well, just throw him under the Bus Right ??? ... With all due Respect of course..

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mark mark said:

Ok, nice to know, like a figure that you would have envisaged ? ... Though a bit Low for me. .... So well any way No Helmut 35%, Drunk ? % talking on his Phone to his girlfriend while riding ? % ... Not looking where he was going, or behind him on a dark late night, ? % .... Obviously being in the wrong place on the Road, ? % ... and 3.00 am ! ? ? % ... So what do you think were his Total likelihood of Survival ! ? … Not actually to good I would say myself ???

I think that his Family should write an Apology note to the Driver that he hit ? ... Or he just rode in front of at 3.00 am. … And His family also, as these people has probably been fairly Mentality stressed out, and possibly his Family also by this. ??? ... And well then there is the Damages to his Vehicle and the Loss of time and for his Life and Job. ! ? Possibly also ! ? ... So I think that some of the Go fund me Money should go to the Poor man who he hit, and that family.

Like you people do not know what the Thai Family, and all of those around them are saying do you !!! ??? About the drunk foreigner that ran in to their Son, Or Father ???

QED - can't look critically at the reports.

21 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

So now another 'GoFundMe' to get his body flown home I suppose?

My experience in one case was the Thai hospital would not release the body until the medical expenses had been paid for.

1 minute ago, John Drake said:

My experience in one case was the Thai hospital would not release the body until the medical expenses had been paid for.

And they would be charging by the hour for the fridge the body was kept in !!

30 minutes ago, kwilco said:

QED - can't look critically at the reports.

Yes if the Cops realised that he had just been innocently hit by a Drunken Folang ! And not wanting to mess with the Money from Foreign tourists brigade so just sent him home.

Well yes probably hard to find him to be able to compensate him for the damage done to him.

And wrll hopefully none done to his family. ... 

• Confused 1

On 3/31/2023 at 3:59 PM, John Drake said:

The bodies must be stacked up like cord-wood.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Some time ago Thai mortuaries reported they were inundated with falang cadavers. A case for compulsory funeral plans?

How many road deaths are there per day involving Thais and how many non Thais die of all causes per day?

I think your statement is a gross overstatement of the true situation!

I am sure that you will be unable to find a reliable source to back up your statement regarding mortuaries! 

It may of course have happened to one mortuary after one large incident but I doubt it!

Edited by scottiejohn
Misspelling-again
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

How many road deaths are there per day involving Thais and how many non Thais die of all causes per day?

I am sure that you will be unable to find a reliable source to back up your statement regarding mortuaries! 

It may of course have happened to one mortuary after one large incident but I doubt it!

You may have missed the point. Sad, but nobody wants them. Who is going to spend money to pay their hospital bills, retrieve their corpses and pay for their funeral? The news article was a couple of years ago or so but will be findable on this forum. Where else could the elderly, single ex-pat's living from day to day on state pension in a basic apartment eventually end up?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

You may have missed the point. Sad, but nobody wants them. Who is going to spend money to pay their hospital bills, retrieve their corpses and pay for their funeral? The news article was a couple of years ago or so but will be findable on this forum. Where else could the elderly, single ex-pat's living from day to day on state pension in a basic apartment eventually end up?

You have missed the point!

You made an exaggerated comment and have failed to defended it.

It therefore removes all (if any) credibility you may have been trying to make!

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Not likely indefinitely. Perhaps short term to see if the pressure brings any more money in.... 

Interesting. Says on www.gov.uk webpage that after 30 days unclaimed cadavers given a paupers cremation. However, this conflicts with the below which states that, in Thailand, the 'body management' method is burial. Would make sense that 'unidentified' be buried instead of cremated as 'unclaimed?'

https://so04.tci-thaijo.org/index.php/JTJS/article/view/240183

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/what-to-do-after-a-british-person-dies-in-thailand

Edited by The Fugitive

16 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Thai's typically have their medical expenses cover by either the 30b scheme (does that still exist ?) or social security and the family are quick to throw them on the bonfire.

Their bodies don't stack up at the mortuary like dead beat foreigners (and family) who don't pay their bills.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Interesting. Read somewhere that after 30 days mortuaries are cleared out

Unless they are a rape/murder victim of the RTP or a hiso.......then the seem to get processed pretty damned quick.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, actonion said:

Most of the  road  traffic deaths  in Thailand  are caused  through   lack of driver, rider training , / zero common sense,/and a "me first attitude" +++ helmet, or no helmet

Don't know what's worse, being killed or reduced to a vegetable with half your brain removed? Whilst once waiting in Regional Hospital spoke to two ladies with a teenage girl in a wheelchair. One was her Mother and the other her Aunt. Apparently she had only gone 'around the corner' for 5 minutes. Now she needs constant care for the rest of her life.  

• Sad 2

27 minutes ago, Dogsredrocket said:

I have more minor collisions and near misses in a 6 month period than I have had my whole life back home.

And of course in your mind there is no chance that you had any part in those "accidents"  of yours is there?

Remember it takes two to tango!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/2/2023 at 9:28 AM, Ralf001 said:

Thai's typically have their medical expenses cover by either the 30b scheme (does that still exist ?) or social security and the family are quick to throw them on the bonfire.

Their bodies don't stack up at the mortuary like dead beat foreigners (and family) who don't pay their bills.

Yes I think  that my Grand Daughter must have got a large rebate from the 30b scheme or Social security for a badly Broken leg, RE operations as it had not Healed 3 Pieces and Fiber growing in between them and NOT Bone as it should have ... a 4 hour operation !!! ... all above board, ... 57,000 B according to the Hospital but only a 17,000 B bill ! which we should get back on the third Party Insurance so she, and they all say. What is the 30b Scheme ???

8 minutes ago, Mark mark said:

What is the 30b Scheme ???

"The 30-Baht Scheme is aimed at providing universal health-care coverage/insurance for everyone who is not currently covered by two other government- sponsored insurance programs (i.e., CSMBS and SSS)"

13 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

"The 30-Baht Scheme is aimed at providing universal health-care coverage/insurance for everyone who is not currently covered by two other government- sponsored insurance programs (i.e., CSMBS and SSS)"

Yes Thanks, Yellowtail the Grand Daughter being still young and a student got the 30b on her, Operation I think.

I would have no idea about this Poor fellow from Manchester's billing. ... He was in a Private Hospital wasn't he ? ... and then there was a questionable accident, like the Phone, and  the time of night ? ...  and also Alcohol involved also wasn't there. And well probably about 4 times as much as in a Government Hospital ? ... 

I will put the rest of my Answer in my Good Hospitals of Thailand Blog, to keep it on topic. You know where it is. ... 

33 minutes ago, Mark mark said:

57,000 B according to the Hospital but only a 17,000 B bill ! which we should get back on the third Party Insurance so she, and they all say. What is the 30b Scheme ???

Something not right mate. The Por Ror Bor insurance which is the 3rd party insurance does not give back monies as far as I'm aware and is nothing to do with the 30 Baht Scheme.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Something not right mate. The Por Ror Bor insurance which is the 3rd party insurance does not give back monies as far as I'm aware and is nothing to do with the 30 Baht Scheme.

I think the 30b scheme must have been applied in the Hospital, and she says that the Por Roar Boar ( Thanks for that that is what she said ) has promised the money, as the <Deleted> driver lost the forms !!! ... But she has rang them, and got the case number, and was told that in this case, we had to pay, but they will give it back when we go to their office. ... JFYI. .. AWSS as the Russians would say. We shall See.

Any way it is now Done, and we only have to hope the her leg gets better this time. ( And if I loose 17,000, I will be happy of it goes to the Hospital. )

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Mark mark said:

I think the 30b scheme must have been applied in the Hospital, and she says that the Por Roar Boar ( Thanks for that that is what she said ) has promised the money, as the <Deleted> driver lost the forms !!! ... But she has rang them, and got the case number, and was told that in this case, we had to pay, but they will give it back when we go to their office. ... JFYI. .. AWSS as the Russians would say. We shall See.

Any way it is now Done, and we only have to hope the her leg gets better this time. ( And if I loose 17,000, I will be happy of it goes to the Hospital. )

Thanks for the clarification. As is the norm elsewhere, treatment for injuries resulting from a road traffic accident not being covered by National Health Service, the hospital produced a bill for the full cost (57,000 baht), 40,000 of which will be covered by either your grandaughters third party cover or that of the other party? It's debateable whether the NHS should cover the 17,000 balance (thinking poor Thai people) or if the police should apportion liability and make an order for payment against the other party (if appropriate).  

36 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Thanks for the clarification. As is the norm elsewhere, treatment for injuries resulting from a road traffic accident not being covered by National Health Service, the hospital produced a bill for the full cost (57,000 baht), 40,000 of which will be covered by either your grandaughters third party cover or that of the other party? It's debateable whether the NHS should cover the 17,000 balance (thinking poor Thai people) or if the police should apportion liability and make an order for payment against the other party (if appropriate).  

There is no other party, he missed the other Vehicles, and only hit the wall. Which does GREATLY simplify the Accident. As No other drivers Involved. And YES ! And I AM very grateful for that, reading you lines also !

( But Really !!! are Traffic accidents not covered ? Like not covered by the 30d social Health Cover ??? I am pretty sure the Thais around her DO think that they are covered ??? I will have to ask them. )

... There never has been any consideration that the NHS would pay for any of this, it all has been on the 3rd party Insurance, all along, and the 17,000 cash payment was a surprise as the Brother lost the forms, ... but it always was our Payment, ... BUT it now IS reclaimable from the 3rd party Company, so my Grand Daughter tells me, and she is Thai, and she is handling the Billing. ( And she is a Book Keeper also. )

I just posted this here to help other Foreigners when billing for operations in Government ? Or private Hospitals.

Yes, I just filed this post, to let Foreigners know that they might get a bill something like 200% higher than the Thais get, because the Thais are covered by some other sort of Insurance. ? ... It seemed to me at the time.

Though well ? !!! ???  Are Foreigners covered by the Thai 3rd party accident Insurance ??? )  ...

But also, any bill from a government hospital, STILL will probably be about 4 times less than a Private Hospital. I think, and we researched it along with a second Opinion on her broken leg as well.

I do not know what the good Government Hospital said to explain the split Billing. ? ... But well possibly it now is sounding like, from your words, it was a Cut off figure I think, ? ... For what the hospital can just auto charge the 3rd party company.

But as I say it is my Granddaughter said that they ARE covering the Lot, … We just have to claim the 17,000 extra cash portion ? back. … And they said that they WILL pay it back, as soon as we can go to their office. ? (And then “We shall see”, as the Russians would say)

And if I lose the 17,000 Yes, I WILL just consider it a donation to a very good Hospital ! AND System.

And well. ... I really do not want to have to explain my self here again either. It's Done !!!

And we now just have to hope to <Deleted> that her Leg heals properly this time !!!

( And I now have my own Skin Cancer to think about which was Fun at first !!! But is becoming a bit of a pain also. So I have no more time for this any more )

A Good Doctor and Hospital, and a good job by my very Efficient Granddaughter also. But well !!! Her Broken Leg !!!! ...Varrrr Some people get all the bad breaks don't they !!! ... YES ! We Better take REALLY GOOD care of her. !!!

• Love It 1

8 hours ago, Mark mark said:

There is no other party, he missed the other Vehicles, and only hit the wall. Which does GREATLY simplify the Accident. As No other drivers Involved. And YES ! And I AM very grateful for that, reading you lines also !

( But Really !!! are Traffic accidents not covered ? Like not covered by the 30d social Health Cover ??? I am pretty sure the Thais around her DO think that they are covered ??? I will have to ask them. )

... There never has been any consideration that the NHS would pay for any of this, it all has been on the 3rd party Insurance, all along, and the 17,000 cash payment was a surprise as the Brother lost the forms, ... but it always was our Payment, ... BUT it now IS reclaimable from the 3rd party Company, so my Grand Daughter tells me, and she is Thai, and she is handling the Billing. ( And she is a Book Keeper also. )

I just posted this here to help other Foreigners when billing for operations in Government ? Or private Hospitals.

Yes, I just filed this post, to let Foreigners know that they might get a bill something like 200% higher than the Thais get, because the Thais are covered by some other sort of Insurance. ? ... It seemed to me at the time.

Though well ? !!! ???  Are Foreigners covered by the Thai 3rd party accident Insurance ??? )  ...

But also, any bill from a government hospital, STILL will probably be about 4 times less than a Private Hospital. I think, and we researched it along with a second Opinion on her broken leg as well.

I do not know what the good Government Hospital said to explain the split Billing. ? ... But well possibly it now is sounding like, from your words, it was a Cut off figure I think, ? ... For what the hospital can just auto charge the 3rd party company.

But as I say it is my Granddaughter said that they ARE covering the Lot, … We just have to claim the 17,000 extra cash portion ? back. … And they said that they WILL pay it back, as soon as we can go to their office. ? (And then “We shall see”, as the Russians would say)

And if I lose the 17,000 Yes, I WILL just consider it a donation to a very good Hospital ! AND System.

And well. ... I really do not want to have to explain my self here again either. It's Done !!!

And we now just have to hope to <Deleted> that her Leg heals properly this time !!!

( And I now have my own Skin Cancer to think about which was Fun at first !!! But is becoming a bit of a pain also. So I have no more time for this any more )

A Good Doctor and Hospital, and a good job by my very Efficient Granddaughter also. But well !!! Her Broken Leg !!!! ...Varrrr Some people get all the bad breaks don't they !!! ... YES ! We Better take REALLY GOOD care of her. !!!

I believe (but am happy to be corrected) to be eligible for the 30b scheme or social security treatment must be done at the hospital one is registered at.

My social security covers the bills at PhayaThai hospital (Iam registered there) but not other hospitals.

Yes foreigners are covered by the Por Ror bor (compulsory third party  insurance).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

I believe (but am happy to be corrected) to be eligible for the 30b scheme or social security treatment must be done at the hospital one is registered at.

My social security covers the bills at PhayaThai hospital (Iam registered there) but not other hospitals.

Yes foreigners are covered by the Por Ror bor (compulsory third party  insurance).

Fantastic ! Sounds quite right to me ! And well worth knowing. Thanks.

So does the social security treatment cover Traffic Accidents ? I am imagining yes here in Thailand.

Does it cover Foreigners who are retirement Visa ? I would imagine no. ? 

But it might just be some sort of insurance so who knows what and who is eligible.

When the Grand son crashed his car, ... he was driving and he had 2 young women in the back seat his sister and her friend.

Now for some Insurance reason ? He was taken by ambulance to Rajtani Private Hospital emergency in Town about 13 k away. Very good but Very Expensive also. Like usually just does Insurance jobs right ? (Jfyi I did have stock in it also ) 

But the two Women were taken to the Government Hospital in the little town that it happend in and also our closest Hospital Emergency.

A good Little Hospital but they did not do a very good job on my Grand Daughters Broken leg.

They did do some follow up but I gurss that when they saw that it was not healing properly ? Later she was sent to the big Dietetic Public Hospital in Ayutahya out provincial town about 13 k away. And they were better.

Though it still did not heal properly. And she had to finish School so we had to wait until now to get the operation to finish it.

All coverd by the 3rd party Insurance I think.

She still has follow up and Physiotherapy from our local hospital. Which is good.

And well I went to our Local hospital for my Skin Cancer twice ...(I usually go there for my Old Aged tests. As it is not to crowded )  But they knew nothing about it ! And I knew this and did not hold it against hem it was just an easy try ! OTo a smaller Hospital. Tgey are a lit less crowded than the Provincial Hospital.

So they said go to the Provincial hospital and they did know. And I am registered at both Hospitals so in the Government system I guess.

And at the Private Hospital also but at 4 times as muck ! I might not even go there if I am even dyeing.

The Provincial Hospital is crowded but it is good !!! A lot of people trying to register there every day !! I think !!! ???

Thanks Mare. ! ? ..