Thai Air Force Eyes Buying New Airbus

snoop1130

59 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Probably not that easy , might be a bit more involved ,  approaching the company direct and asking for a fraudulent  receipt for 5 times what they will actually be spending might be awkward. 

You, like the Thai air force, clearly don't know that the airbus is built in a number of European countries and has nothing at all to do with the US.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Why even do that, just get down to Suvarnabhumi or Don Mueang and select another pristine model before it rots into the ground? Why not a nice big Boeing B747 or an Airbus A380? Very nice planes and plenty of space for generals and cronies! Even better for humanitarian needs too!!!

At this time, does the Thai air force really need a "new" plane? An 18 year old airframe still has at least 12 years left of service at least.

humanitarian,  mean con concubines.

40 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You, like the Thai air force, clearly don't know that the airbus is built in a number of European countries and has nothing at all to do with the US.

Around 20 years ago I was involved in the construction of a large factory at a place called Broughton near Chester in the UK. The factory was built for the manufacture of the airbus wings ,  I am well aware of how Airbus construct their aircraft   

If you had bothered to read my post properly you would have better understood my assertion, which was,..     That if somebody wanted to indulge in a little corruption and perhaps line their own pockets by maybe purchasing a multi trillion baht aircraft at a possibly greatly inflated  price using government money, It might not be as easy as just contacting airbus direct , having a quiet word , asking them to say nothing,  and handing over a brown envelope, It might be necessary to involve several third parties to facilitate the process. and just maybe one of these third parties is based in America.

The fact that the aircraft are built in several different countries has absolutely nothing to do with my post,  I don't understand why you mentioned it.  Were you  expecting the Thais to fly around europe speaking to every manufacturer of all the various components asking them to load the prices ?  

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

It might be necessary to involve several third parties to facilitate the process. and just maybe one of these third parties is based in America.

Barking up the wrong tree there in suggesting that a US party is going to get involved in a corrupt deal or would be a preferred option for such a transaction.

US law enforcement has very long arms and many powers under FCPA...

Our friends to the north-east would be the first call if any shadiness was needed...why do you think so many government procurement deals go via this route ? Is it the exceptional quality of goods they offer ?

4 minutes ago, realfunster said:

Barking up the wrong tree there in suggesting that a US party is going to get involved in a corrupt deal or would be a preferred option for such a transaction.

US law enforcement has very long arms and many powers under FCPA...

Our friends to the north-east would be the first call if any shadiness was needed...why do you think so many government procurement deals go via this route ? Is it the exceptional quality of goods they offer ?

It was only a theory, I have no idea how they actually do this stuff, But I am certain they will be doing it. They literally cannot help themselves

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, HuskerDo2 said:

Because that's who they are buying it from. It's old to the US but NEW to the Royal Thai Airforce thus they refer to it as new. Why they need it is another story. They don't.

They said... "The airbus has previously been used for humanitarian missions in Turkey and will be retired in 2026.". How many humanitarian missions do they do each year? A blatant waste of money but someone will get a nice brown envelope for making it happen.

The problem with using such aircraft for "humanitarian missions" is that the effort in stripping out and then refitting the VIP interior kit is time consuming and expensive.

16 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Why have talks with US?

Very confusing article indeed. The original article talks about replacing an existing Airbus A340 and upgrading a Saab 340, but the picture shows something entirely different (looks like a Tupulev). They talk about airbus rather as a concept than the Airbus brand?? The Saab aircraft is older, if anything needs replacement it would be that one?

Edited by AlQaholic