Raid on Illegal Bar on Bangla Road in Patong Leads to Rescue of Six Underage Sex Workers

webfact

8 hours ago, BritScot said:

How dare you! Who do you think you are sluring someone. I never said it was OK.  You need to learn hitting a keyboard is exactly the same as saying it to someone's face and talking linke that at someone will get a severe reaction. I did not see the link I read the post and no ages were given. You are 100% wrong it happens all over Thailand at village level. 14 and 15 year olds living with and marrying. Historically and I think even currently age to marry in Thailand was 15 Historically younger. 

You said it was normal in Thailand, which it isn't. Don't blame me that you didn't read the article properly. Normal marital age is 18 btw. Don't play this silly game as you are still spreading false information. I gladly say it in your face to. 

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, BritScot said:

You are 100% wrong it happens all over Thailand at village level. 14 and 15 year olds living with and marrying. Historically and I think even currently age to marry in Thailand was 15 Historically younger. 

With parental consent.

If you're going to comment on a thread, you should probably read the OP or reply you are commenting on.  Then you wouldn't come off sounding like a perv.

Just because young love/teen sex is acceptable worldwide, soliciting prostitution from children is not.  The title states 'underage' ... or did you miss that also.

You have to be a certain age just to enter or work in a bar.   When someone, (older expat) states some 'age of consent' ... well ... nuff said

Let's just say, I wouldn't let them watch the kids while I'm away, or have my daughter spend the weekend over at their house.

"dad ... can I stay at my friends house this weekend"

"does she have a farang in the house"

"yes"

.... "HELL NO" ... ????

• Haha 1

Just to add to my previous post.  There may be some young girls who actively go looking for sex work, I doubt there's many though.

But even with those that do - I'm guessing that a lot here have daughters and/or have a modicum of intelligence?  How many of you think that a girl under 18 is adult enough to make the decision to enter the paid sex industry? Its a documented fact that the things they experience and the shame many experience later in life can seriously affect their mental health.

Those that work in an establishment are rarely allowed to pick and choose their customers - perhaps you can imagine what they have to accept?

Yes, I'll be the first to admit that a fully developed good looking 18 year old can be very attractive but does she have the capacity to really know what she is doing? I doubt it.

Its a business that can never be stopped and why should it be as long as all parties are consenting? But I'm not at all sure that young girls really have the capacity to consent - even though it appears that nobody is forcing them.

The fact is that these places employ youngsters because they know there is a demand for them and they probably charge much more for their services.

Not sure if this still exists but when I first came to Thailand, bars would often have 'Cherry Girls'.  They were said to be virgins and the bars would ask a fortune for them.  It probably wasn't true in most cases but the thought that a young girl's introduction to sex could be a sweaty, drunken foreigner with cigarette breath sickened me.

I was in Hua Hin a couple of months back and did a trawl of the bars.  I sat down in one and ordered a drink - within minutes a girl in her twenties brought a girl over to sit with me.  I know Thai girls often look much younger than they are but this girl was underage - I'd say 15 or 16 but with a lot of make up.  I didn't want this girl to lose face but I couldn't even explain anything to her as she didn't speak any English.  I noticed that there was at least one other girl in the bar who also looked very young.

I drank up and left, moving to a bar a couple of doors down the street where I struck up a conversation with a girl in her thirties who spoke good English and was good fun to talk to.  The conversation turned to the girls in the bar I'd just left. The girl I was talking to told me that the bar I'd been in had been reported by other bar owners and was due to be raided.  It certainly was - less than an hour after after I'd left!

Pretty sure I had a very lucky escape - the police carted 3 or 4 girls off plus what looked like the mamasan - they'd probably have seen me as a 'meal ticket' if I'd still been in there sat with the young girl. Its most likely that a bribe would be paid and very little actually done but it just might have put the youngsters off the business.

Edited by KhaoYai

20 hours ago, KhunLA said:

With parental consent.

If you're going to comment on a thread, you should probably read the OP or reply you are commenting on.  Then you wouldn't come off sounding like a perv.

Just because young love/teen sex is acceptable worldwide, soliciting prostitution from children is not.  The title states 'underage' ... or did you miss that also.

You have to be a certain age just to enter or work in a bar.   When someone, (older expat) states some 'age of consent' ... well ... nuff said

Let's just say, I wouldn't let them watch the kids while I'm away, or have my daughter spend the weekend over at their house.

"dad ... can I stay at my friends house this weekend"

"does she have a farang in the house"

"yes"

.... "HELL NO" ... ????

Again how dare you! A nothing person trying to be "Look at me" type, those types who sit in the basement of mum and dad thrashing!!!! If you had even lived in rural Thailand and been immersed in thai society other than behind a 6ft wall you would know how life is both good and bad. In your perverse mind ie mirror you see depravity.  Fact older thai men often have very young wards and some they will marry. Even the police will support these actions and I know this from my village where a rich guy (50+) was to marry a girl with the family blessing, she ran away before the wedding and he turned up at the family home with police to demand if she did not honour the future marriage then her younger sister would have too. This is not condoning what happens simply stating it. I read the post not the link so get a life and maybe come out of the basement from behind the wall of tissue. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/17/2023 at 12:31 AM, stoner said:

this comment is filth. 

DECEMBER 20, 2017

‘United wishes and good will cannot overcome brute facts,’ Churchill wrote in his War Memoirs. ‘Truth is incontrovertible. Panic may resent it. Ignorance may deride it. Malice may distort it. But there it is.’