Speeding ticket v Thailand post v Not paying on time, Reasonable cause

Well I was very naughty 555, 112kph in a 90 zone, open 3 lane highway, Ok i accept the 500b fine, and will pay it.

But I'm pretty sure I've been past the same speed camera speeding at least twice before, and here comes the But, as my lazy postman doesn't deliver my mail (even This ticket he took to my wife's shop) I have never received the tickets before.   In your opinion would it be accepted as reasonable cause for not paying the fine, and who should pay the extra 1,000b if charged,

(a) ie Thailand Post for non delivery,

(b) The post office manager,

(c) or the dumbwit postman. 

(d) Me :crying:

How can you prove you have never received previous tickets? 

I personally think the postman is responsible and will get my missus to let him know, that i'll be seeking compo from him if I get charged when renewing road tax. Fat chance of that init.

• Confused 1

From what I have read in other posts many folk say forget about it and wait and see what happens when you turn up at Transportation to renew your annual licence if they have your tickets on record you can pay them....if there not on record just write them off.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, petermik said:

From what I have read in other posts many folk say forget about it and wait and see what happens when you turn up at Transportation to renew your annual licence if they have your tickets on record you can pay them....if there not on record just write them off.

Seems you missed my point. If not paid on time about 7 weeks then an EXTRA 1,000b on top of the fine!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

It seems that you don't actually know that you've been issued any tickets before (cameras not operating at the time maybe)? And you have actually received this one so why wouldn't you have received others? Maybe hold off berating the postie until you know there's something to complain about?

He NEVER delivers ANYTHING !!

9 minutes ago, Shop mak said:

You will not be anle to renew road tax, this was in the news here few weeks ago.

You only create more problem for yourself.

Up to you.

Jeez I said I will pay it, its the undelivered ones I am concerned about. It is Thai Post that are and have in the past caused problems for me Ex urgent letters from overseas banks!

Edited by brianthainess
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

I read that. But also read that you got this one however it was delivered. After re-reading a few times, I'm still none the wiser as to why you are so certain that you have been issued with other fines that you haven't received. 

38 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

But I'm pretty sure I've been past the same speed camera speeding at least twice before,

5 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

you seem to be the dumbwit by suggesting the above, none of them will pay the fine for you and you got to be on something to think they might.

That didn't take long for someone to start snide remarks did it. Well it is Thailand Posts fault for non delivery of mail init. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Jeez I said I will pay it, its the undelivered ones I am concerned about. It is Thai Post that are and have in the past caused problems for me Ex urgent letters from overseas banks!

We have had 4 speed fines posted to us pre covid and never paid any. 

Both car and truck have been re-taxed.

I don't think the system is up and running yet. 

I also noticed 2 cameras at roads near us have gone.

Maybe lots of rich people got fed up with getting tickets in the post. ????

• Like 1

7 hours ago, petermik said:

Top answer! No point in chasing (or worrying about) postal items that have not been delivered or may not even exist. The additional 1,000 baht non-payment fee would be a 'stinger' but, hopefully, won't apply. My Mrs received one speeding fine a couple of years ago which she didn't pay and all was well next time at DLT. Last year my stepson borrowed our car and we received five postal speeding fines. We haven't paid them. Fingers crossed!      

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

We have had 4 speed fines posted to us pre covid and never paid any. 

Both car and truck have been re-taxed.

I don't think the system is up and running yet. 

I also noticed 2 cameras at roads near us have gone.

Maybe lots of rich people got fed up with getting tickets in the post. ????

I have also just renewed tax and insurance with at least 50 outstanding tickets, no problemo.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Fugitive said:

Top answer! No point in chasing (or worrying about) postal items that have not been delivered or may not even exist. The additional 1,000 baht non-payment fee would be a 'stinger' but, hopefully, won't apply. My Mrs received one speeding fine a couple of years ago which she didn't pay and all was well next time at DLT. Last year my stepson borrowed our car and we received five postal speeding fines. We haven't paid them. Fingers crossed!      

you might be in for a shock, in very small print on the back of ticket num 4 is the following.  I had to use a magnifying glass to read it. good luck.

298018188_IMG_20230319_095100(1).thumb.jpg.eb256a9b4e8c962da33ba51f9624d226.jpg

Edited by brianthainess
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

I have also just renewed tax and insurance with at least 50 outstanding tickets, no problemo.

I can understand the camera settings having no tolerance and were very low, remember my Mrs saying many people had complained about 2 local cameras.

One of my speed tickets was for 76 in a 70 which is easily done. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Seems a few here have forgotten the recent gov warning about unpaid fines, and the all agencies should get the dots lined up to tackle the cheap skates' avoiding fines etc.....:coffee1:......................????

At last someone who is aware and keeps up with new laws/rules. 

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Now for the others bum burps.....................:cheesy:

I have just checked and Ironically the non payment of traffic fines linked to LTO will be on APRIL 1st. So all the fools out there should get 'em paid.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, userabcd said:

I would surmise that the onus is upon you to receive your traffic fines on time.

You are given around 2mths to pay, so over to you Thai Post ! I was booked on 28 Feb. must pay by 22 April. 

• Thumbs Up 1