Dual pricing swimming pool

topswijaya

On 3/22/2023 at 12:41 PM, ikke1959 said:

What would happen if Thais are being double priced in a western country????

The Western prime minister would take a knee, the media would apologize, Thais would be designated 'people of color' and given free accommodation for life.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2023 at 12:38 PM, ikke1959 said:

I am a citizen of Thailand now , but I don't have the nationality.... and I pay taxes here and I am still threated as a foreigner, with double pricing

You are a foreigner, not a citizen,  you pay tax because you make money here, it's for no other reason,  to think otherwise is delusional. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

You are a foreigner, not a citizen,  you pay tax because you make money here, it's for no other reason,  to think otherwise is delusional. 

Yes I am a foreigner and I don't earn money here, but i have to pay tax over my pension here, as I live here 180 days or more in a year...

• Confused 2

On 3/22/2023 at 12:48 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

We all pay tax here, that doesn't make us citizens.   If you are a foreigner, which you are, why would you expect to be treated as a Thai?.

How would Thailand manage if all expats, retiree's, long stayers suddenly started packing and making arrangements to leave.

I am not saying that we should be treated as Thais, but the Thai authorities should remember what we expats are contributing to their economy, taking Thai families out of poverty etc, and should treat us accordingly.

• Thumbs Up 1

A legitimate question but a few tossers don't get the point unfortunately....as long as non-thai go there they will keep doing this as they have for many years.....just don't go there or anywhere this happens that's all you can do.

On 3/22/2023 at 11:54 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Any examples people provide in attempt to justify dual pricing because it happens ‘in the west’ is easily countered because those examples are based on age, sex or residency (and local residency) and never based on nationality alone.

So, you are saying 'things are different here' - - - maybe I am old school, but I never expected everything to be the same... and I might like some things and not other... 

15 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

the Thai authorities should remember what we expats are contributing to their economy, taking Thai families out of poverty etc, and should treat us accordingly.

Sure, there should be Farang Appreciation Day - - - but only for the farang who help a family and we must means test that as an appropriate level of support must be measured... 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

Any 'contribution' is miniscule in the scheme of things, offset by the hordes of derelict old alcoholics

not to mention the extra police costs of rowdy young farang who get drunk and think they can beat anyone up, if they are displeased or want to show off for a lovely lady... 

• Like 1

Some people must have small lives, you either pay it and use the facility or you don't. The amount is a pittance anyhow, most would spend more than that on alcohol. If you don't like what they do here in Thailand perhaps you should relocate.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who want to use a public pool in Thailand? 

Anyway, if I lived nearby and it was a great pool, and way better than the public pools we have gone with the family, I would have paid the Annual fee, but still, those croweded dirty pools, I do not let my dogs swim even. 

3 minutes ago, JWRC said:

Some people must have small lives, you either pay it and use the facility or you don't. The amount is a pittance anyhow, most would spend more than that on alcohol. If you don't like what they do here in Thailand perhaps you should relocate.

Yeah fair comment but at the same time people do have to stand up to their rights from the beginning, because it may just escalate. Double pricing pool one day, farang slaves working in the rice field for a dollar the next

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

Yeah fair comment but at the same time people do have to stand up to their rights from the beginning, because it may just escalate. Double pricing pool one day, farang slaves working in the rice field for a dollar the next

Who say you have rights in Thailand? 

Think about it, you choosed to live in a Army state

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 4/23/2023 at 10:30 PM, 1FinickyOne said:
On 3/22/2023 at 7:54 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Any examples people provide in attempt to justify dual pricing because it happens ‘in the west’ is easily countered because those examples are based on age, sex or residency (and local residency) and never based on nationality alone.

So, you are saying 'things are different here' - - - maybe I am old school, but I never expected everything to be the same... and I might like some things and not other... 

Some of us choose to voice discrimination when its witnessed... 

Others brush-over it without a concern which doesn’t dual-pricing acceptable...  its just perhaps ‘less unpalatable’ given that other things are generally cheap here. 

30 minutes ago, JWRC said:

Some people must have small lives, you either pay it and use the facility or you don't. The amount is a pittance anyhow, most would spend more than that on alcohol.

It seems you don’t quite get the point of principle... 

What if the bar charges you 200 baht for your beer and 80 baht to Thai’s....        its pittance, right ?

:whistling:

30 minutes ago, JWRC said:

If you don't like what they do here in Thailand perhaps you should relocate.

ah... the unimaginative ‘If you don't like it go home” [elsewhere] comment.... the golden-droplet of halfwittednesses used by those of a cerebrally challenged mindset attempting to polish a turd... 

• Like 2

On 3/22/2023 at 11:54 AM, richard_smith237 said:

You don’t get it... its not about the money at all.... It's about the underlying discriminatory attitude that such behaviour expresses.

It is these practices themselves which are cringeworthy, as is the ignorance expressed in such comments as yours which shrug off and diminish such attitudes because its ‘only 300 baht’.... 

------

Unfortunately, those employing such practices will never understand why this is wrong, they can’t be re-educated, they are locked into their underlying discriminatory attitudes - this all stems from the message the government sends out that dual-pricing is acceptable and is state sanctioned in hospitals and national parks.

I have never seen one argument that justifies dual pricing based on nationality or race.

Any examples people provide in attempt to justify dual pricing can be easily countered

I think it comes from the assumption that all farang are rich and all Thais are poor. 

Why don't you try yelling and screaming incoherent rage filled abuse at the pool staff, then post as many insulting things as you can come up with all over social media about it, then make up a huge sign insulting the pool owners and picket all day.

LOL ????????

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, jesimps said:

I think it comes from the assumption that all farang are rich and all Thais are poor. 

All the falangs they want returning to be wealthy enough to not complain about double pricing.