Dual pricing swimming pool

topswijaya

1 minute ago, ikke1959 said:
17 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What makes you think that he's "a citizen of Thailand" when he's complaining about fees for foreigners?  If he's a Thai citizen hell be paying Thai prices.

Expand  

I am a citizen of Thailand now , but I don't have the nationality....

Really?  How does that work, then?  If you're a Thai citizen you do have Thai nationality and a Thai ID card.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

I am a citizen of Thailand now , but I don't have the nationality.... and I pay taxes here and I am still threated as a foreigner, with double pricing

We all pay tax here, that doesn't make us citizens.   If you are a foreigner, which you are, why would you expect to be treated as a Thai?.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

We know.  But it's not illegal here.

That is a moot point, might be like most things in Thailand the laws just never get enforced. Take this as you will.

Dual pricing started in the 60s when many high-end items were priced higher for foreign tourists.

This was mainly due to the so-called “thirsty foreigner” phenomenon where a certain number of tourists would spend more money on goods and services than the locals, who were not obligated to pay such high prices.

This practice was banned in the 70s and has been illegal ever since.

https://ideapod.com/what-is-dual-pricing-in-thailand/#:~:text=In Thailand%2C many products have,if you are not careful.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Perhaps as a resident, ikke1959 expects to be treated with a degree of equality with regards to pricing - I completely support that expectation and I expect the same level of equality living here. 

As do I, I agree with you.  We can expect.

30 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:
59 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

We know.  But it's not illegal here.

That is a moot point, might be like most things in Thailand the laws just never get enforced. Take this as you will.

I don't condone it but I do not think that it is moot. Just because that forum says it's illegal but shows nothing to back it up, doesn't mean that it is illegal.   

https://ideapod.com/what-is-dual-pricing-in-thailand/#:~:text=In Thailand%2C many products have,if you are not careful.

For example, dual pricing has been legal in Thailand for public hospitals for some time, they have three official Tiers of charging for Thais, expats and retirees so there's no reason to assume that dual pricing elsewhere isn't legal either...

https://www.pacificprime.co.th/blog/dual-pricing-at-thai-public-hospitals-and-the-implications-on-foreigners/

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 2

The US needs to charge Thai people 10x to enter national parks.   I mean only HiSo can afford to come and get a visa so they must have the money.   Disney should do the same as should all businesses.   

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

33 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

My Wife holds a 10 year UK Visa... I think the cost was about 35,000 baht. 

I hold the same in Thailand, it cost me 1 million baht.

She got it because she is married to you. Special case. 

Most Thais dont want to have sex with a farang to go on a holiday to the UK. It is a racist policy, but doesnt suit your "victimised" narrative so you will continue to ignore the reality.

If you marry a Thai, the fee is less than the 35,000 baht. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

How is that swimming pool? I haven't been to Lumpini Park since November 2019 as I don't live in Bangkok permanent, but when I am there a walk/run in Lumpini Park is my first leisure goal. At the time I couldn't remember to had seen a swimming pool in Lumpini before but is it good and is lap swimming possible without noise, screaming and others who are not familiar with swimming pool etiquette? Btw, discrimination is discrimination no matter what it is about.

Felt

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Visa policy are based purely on socio-economic and not race at all... In suggesting so you have highlighted that you really do not understand that at all. 

Visa for China

25GBP in ChiangMai, 125GBP in London.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I tried to help you out and assumed you use the wrong word and meant resident and not citizen. 

You are not a citizen of Thailand unless you hold ‘citizenship’... i.e. you’d have to hold National Thai Identification (i.e Blue Thai ID card) to be considered a Thai Citizen. 

Even someone with PR status is not a Thai Citizen. 

So.. ikke1959...  What makes YOU think you are a Thai citizen ?

Ok mu mistake I am not a citizen, but a resident.... although not even that as it is after 17 years still impossible to get a pink id card/yellow book. Al the time they change ... first years not possible, than only when you are married, and than a copy of your passport translated, and now only a certified copied translated and certified by the Ministry.... I have given up and I am not registered at all.. but I pay every year my taxes here, they fill in my papers for my pension, they all know me as I live in the same city, but a pink id....... impossible.... So I feel I am a citizen correction resident, but  not in paperwork  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2