Trump posts disturbing baseball bat photo with Alvin Bragg, threatens ‘death and destruction’

onthedarkside

8 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

So that makes it OK for the media to lie in your opinion? 

"We the media know who the bad guys are, so it's OK for us to lie to the people in order to stop them."  Is that what you're getting at?  And you don't see any problem with that?

Making up quotes to smear someone? Youir comment is truly Trumpworthy.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

The image clearly show that Trump is okay with actively taking part in death and destruction. So his death and destruction talk is not just a prediction of the inevitable but something it's okay to be part of it.

That's your opinion.  I don't find it to be realistic.

Personally, I don't believe that Trump is actually going to beat Bragg with a baseball bat if he chooses to charge him.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The realism isn't the issue. The fact is that in his mind and apparently the minds of his supporters, it's okay to be in such a picture. What kind of message does that send?

The realism is the issue, as that is what I was discussing.  My point was that it is being reported as though Trump is directly threatening some sort of violence if he is charged, when in reality he could easily be suggesting that people might riot.

When discussing whether claims made in a news report are accurate or not, realism of course matters a great deal.

It doesn't matter if the posting of the picture was good or bad, or who agrees or disagrees with it, it still has to reported honestly.

• Sad 2
  • Love It 1

41 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Is that really your perception of the photograph?

I'm intrigued as, when I look at the photograph, I see a picture of Trump holding a baseball bat, I see a picture of Bragg standing at a media lectern, but the baseball bat really couldn't be further from Bragg's head.

The bat is actually closer to Trump's head than it is to Bragg's.

The bat certainly isn't next to Bragg's head. 

Do you genuinely believe that the baseball bat is next to Bragg's head?  Do you not know what "next to" means?  Or are you lying?

I know lying about Trump is pretty much a national past-time in the US, but it seems so weird to me that people do it so blatantly.  "Here's a photo of Trump without a baseball bat next to someone's head, but I'm going to lie and tell people that the photo shows Trump with a baseball bat next to someone's head because it makes Trump sound worse."  It's just so bizarre.

You don’t do montage then.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Actually, you didn't ask me the question.

Well, if you jump in to another discussion...

But asking for a general statement about the media lying in this context is just a deflection.

Not at all.  I'm merely commenting on the accuracy of the reporting.  Nothing wrong with that at all.

Did the media lie about Trump posting that photo? Did it lie about Trump prophesying death and destruction?

If they say something that isn't true, is that a lie?

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

The realism is the issue, as that is what I was discussing.  My point was that it is being reported as though Trump is directly threatening some sort of violence if he is charged, when in reality he could easily be suggesting that people might riot.

When discussing whether claims made in a news report are accurate or not, realism of course matters a great deal.

It doesn't matter if the posting of the picture was good or bad, or who agrees or disagrees with it, it still has to reported honestly.

"Bragg, DA probing Trump, received death threat letter with white powder".

Manhattan DA probing Trump received death threat letter with white powder (nbcnews.com)

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

You believe the "death and destruction" is Trump attacking Bragg with a baseball bat if he doesn't drop the charges?  You seriously believe that?

Let’s see what the trial judge says when Trump is arraigned, because the prosecution absolutely will present this as evidence of Trump attempting to intimidate the DA.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Well, if you jump in to another discussion...

Not at all.  I'm merely commenting on the accuracy of the reporting.  Nothing wrong with that at all.

If they say something that isn't true, is that a lie?

So, where are the lies in this case?

• Like 2

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

OK, try this.

If you hit me don’t blame me for what my brothers might do to you.

Still a little too direct, since Trump isn't suggesting that anything will happen to Bragg.  Also "don't blame me" is far more of a direct threat than what Trump wrote.

Perhaps it's more like: "It would be a very stupid member of staff here to hit me for no reason, as the people that like me might be angry and express their anger by attacking the place of business."

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1