Trump posts disturbing baseball bat photo with Alvin Bragg, threatens ‘death and destruction’

onthedarkside

12 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I don't drink Kool aide , never even tried it before

He was referring to the Jonestown massacre in Guyana in 1978 where a crazy cult leader poisoned his followers with poisoned grape drink. 

Except it was Flavor Aid not Kool-Aid but somehow the latter brand has crept into the lexicon.

'The phrase “drinking the Kool-Aid” refers to followership at its worse. It was coined after a delusional, pseudo-guru named Jim Jones led his cult, the Peoples Temple, to mass suicide. Over 900 people, including 304 children, killed themselves by drinking from a vat of grape-flavored drink laced with cyanide.'

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bruceweinstein/2018/03/29/two-great-reasons-to-stop-saying-i-drank-the-kool-aid/?sh=b4da90534e3e

ps. apologies if you were being snarky and I misread your post ????

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

He was referring to the Jonestown massacre in Guyana in 1978 where a crazy cult leader poisoned his followers with poisoned grape drink. 

Except it was Flavor Aid not Kool-Aid but somehow the latter brand has crept into the lexicon.

'The phrase “drinking the Kool-Aid” refers to followership at its worse. It was coined after a delusional, pseudo-guru named Jim Jones led his cult, the Peoples Temple, to mass suicide. Over 900 people, including 304 children, killed themselves by drinking from a vat of grape-flavored drink laced with cyanide.'

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bruceweinstein/2018/03/29/two-great-reasons-to-stop-saying-i-drank-the-kool-aid/?sh=b4da90534e3e

ps. apologies if you were being snarky and I misread your post ????

Isn't that a prime example of gaslighting ?

Gaslighting being 

"Psychologists use the term “gaslighting” to refer to a specific type of manipulation where the manipulator is trying to get someone else (or a group of people) to question their own reality, memory or perceptions. And it's always a serious problem, according to psychologists."

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I have lost track a bit, as I haven't been paying much attention .

What event are you referring to and what is my interpretation of that event ?

The Jonestown massacre. The people who killed themselves weren't being gaslighted. They were just being deceived.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I did mean that I was being gaslighted .

A poster was comparing myself to a Jonestown suicide person 

Still not the case. Possibly you are being libelled but not gaslighted. Was anyone trying to tell you that some event you believed happened didn't? Or that you got the facts wrong?  It's not about your interpretation of the meaning of the event.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 6:10 AM, placeholder said:

Rupert Murdoch's  NY Post is now the far left?

Nah.  Trump and the Post are in a symbiotic relationship with the same objective - gaining ears and eyeballs.   Trump is first and foremost a showman, playing to the crowd - any crowd - with evocative teasers - anything to keep the camera/NY Post focused on him.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 10 months later...

This SAP of a DA just released these migrants without bail that attacked the NYPD officers because not enough evidence. This country is in trouble.https://abc7ny.com/nyc-crime-officers-attacked-time-square-nypd/14380425/. Let us not forget salvation: And have a president who will round up these 10 million or so and Deport

Edited by morrobay
  • Haha 1

On 3/25/2023 at 9:32 AM, Bkk Brian said:

He's not, he's standing with a baseball bat next to Bragg's head. Get a grip, this is highly disturbing and he knows it. That's why its now deleted. Too late to show what he's really made of though.

Made of baseball bats?

1 hour ago, morrobay said:

This SAP of a DA just released these migrants without bail that attacked the NYPD officers because not enough evidence. This country is in trouble.https://abc7ny.com/nyc-crime-officers-attacked-time-square-nypd/14380425/. Let us not forget salvation: And have a president who will round up these 10 million or so and Deport

Biden wants more votes. Left wingers do it the world over. Why western cities are getting worse. More welfare, more crime.

4 hours ago, morrobay said:

That article you linked to is remarkably free of actual data. 

Homicides See Historic Decline In 2023 Despite Perceptions That Crime Is On The Rise

Murders are down 12.8% over last year across more than 175 cities, according to criminal justice data analyzed by firm AH Analytics, with AH Analytics co-founder and data analyst Jeff Asher recently writing on Substack that the data suggests that U.S. murders are on pace to log “one of the fastest rates of decline ever recorded” this year.

Major cities, which some commentators have in recent years portrayed as overrun by crime, have seen significant declines in homicides, including double-digit declines in New York (11.42% as of Dec. 24), Los Angeles (15.45% as of Dec. 23) and Chicago (12.7% as of Dec. 27), per the AH Analytics murder dashboard, drawing from local law enforcement data across the country.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesfarrell/2023/12/29/homicides-see-historic-decline-in-2023-despite-perceptions-that-crime-is-on-the-rise/?sh=ffa5d6dd76e7

And what about rural crime? Which are overwhelmingly conservative in their politics I noticed that the Heritage article didn't address that issue. Hmmm...

Gun Violence Rates In Rural Areas Match or Outpace Cities

As gun violence continues to fuel violent crime, some conservative politicians are not only refusing to support violence prevention measures but are also rolling back gun laws.  Many of these same officials express the  narrative that gun violence is only a problem in urban, Democrat-led cities, and media outlets focus on gun violence in cities like Chicago. 
The truth is that rural communities—particularly in red states—have increasingly faced levels of gun violence that match or outpace urban areas, says the Center for American Progress. 

https://www.ncja.org/crimeandjusticenews/gun-violence-rates-in-rural-areas-match-or-outpace-cities

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, placeholder said:

That article you linked to is remarkably free of actual data. 

Homicides See Historic Decline In 2023 Despite Perceptions That Crime Is On The Rise

You insist on links so that you cabn attack the link as being unreliable... I find most of your links to be very left wing and lacking in facts... 

This just in... 

"America's Most Wanted" host John Walsh blasted President Biden on Saturday, accusing him of "cherry-picking" statistics from a "couple of cities" to support his overall claims that violent crime across the nation is falling overall.

"He is cherry-picking a couple of cities but, in those cities, the crime spikes were huge last year, and they might have gone down two murders this year. That doesn't count as crimes going down," Walsh said on "One Nation with Brian Kilmeade."

• Thanks 2

I have removed a couple of posts, for the benefit of everyone, and those who are now resting, I have done so, not because of any political views I may have but because the posts were in violation of forum rules:

1) If you quote somebody/something, you must provide a link, telling people to go google it, is not a good answer.

2) Placing a laughing emoji on a moderators formal message is a very bad idea, if nothing else it makes us pay attention.

3) Deliberately misspelling the word Democrat with a vulgar spelling, is also a bad idea. Even worse is deleting the moderators correction notice and deliberately misspelling the word a second time, to achieve a similar effect.

4) Proclaiming to the forum that that the moderator only requires links, because he is aligned with a particular political camp is against forum rules, as is any comment on moderation.

5) When posters ignore a polite and informal PM to avoid certain behavior, ignoring it is not a good idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1