Trump posts disturbing baseball bat photo with Alvin Bragg, threatens ‘death and destruction’

onthedarkside

Just now, Fat is a type of crazy said:

To me you are splitting hairs. He is threatening him with a baseball bat whether it is aimed as it is head or body isn't really a key issue though one could say if you swing a baseball bat you are likely to hit the upper part of the body. It seems odd to focus on this minor issue given the themes in his tweets but ok maybe he is indicating a threatening gesture that may not hit his head, 

I think it's extremely important to point out the fact that people seem happy to read an article that says something that isn't true and then repeat that untrue thing.

If you don't feel that's worth discussing, up to you.  I think it is.

I think the press should not be allowed to lie, and I think it's worrying when people repeat a lie as though it is true.  It seems like with Trump, the truth goes out the window.

Whether you like Trump or hate him, personally I don't think people should lie in the press.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

Do you see the bat as being next to Bragg's head?  It clearly isn't.

You clearly have no answer for why a montage was created that consists of an image Trump holding a bat and the bat is next to an image of Bragg. You've consistently avoided addressing that issue.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Because the death and destruction would be directed against his enemies. In your example those enemies would be your wife and child.

You think that Trump is suggesting some sort of targeted riot and people will only go after specific political figures?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

You clearly have no answer for why a montage was created that consists of an image Trump holding a bat and the bat is next to an image of Bragg. You've consistently avoided addressing that issue.

What is the relevance of that to whether the image is being reported accurately or not?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Do you see the bat as being next to Bragg's head?  It clearly isn't.

I’m looking for the level of absurdity you retreat to when Trump is arraigned and the subject social media post is presented as evidence of his behaviour for consideration in Trump’s bail application,

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m looking for the level of absurdity you retreat to when Trump is arraigned and the subject social media post is presented as evidence of his behaviour for consideration in Trump’s bail application,

I couldn't care less. ????

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I suggest GITMO. Let him shout and cry as much as he wants. For years. ???? 

He can be the modern day Napolean....an island unto himself....oops on an island by himself.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Do I think his photo of bragg suggests a target?

Do I think that by posting this picture Trump was calling his minions to attack Bragg?

No.

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Any rational person would especially when it's coupled to an alleged public outrage over the investigation and his hate speech directed against investigators. The phrase "HUMAN SCUM" comes to mind.

No.  There's simply no reason to believe that Trump is commanding his supporters to attack or kill Bragg.  It's silly to suggest so.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You clearly have no answer for why a montage was created that consists of an image Trump holding a bat and the bat is next to an image of Bragg.

Not that it's what I was discussing, but perhaps one of his supporters made for "for a joke".

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

What is the relevance of that to whether the image is being reported accurately or not?

Because it is being being reported accurately. Your attempts to portray it as being inaccurate are clearly disingenuous. In the image the bat is next to Bragg. It's one image created from 2 images. It's a montage. And once again, you offer no reason as to why that montage was created. Why would someone post an image of Trump holding a bat juxtaposed with an image of Bragg? And what's more important, why would Trump repost such an image? 

• Like 2

Because it is being being reported accurately.

Wrong again.  It's being reported as the bat being next to Bragg's head when it clearly isn't.

Your attempts to portray it as being inaccurate are clearly disingenuous.

Not at all.  I'm simply being accurate.

In the image the bat is next to Bragg. It's one image created from 2 images. It's a montage.

The bat is next to Trump.  Trump is next to Bragg.  The bat is not next to Bragg's head.

You know I can see the picture, right?  Why not be honest?

And once again, you offer no reason as to why that montage was created. Why would someone post an image of Trump holding a bat juxtaposed with an image of Bragg? And what's more important, why would Trump repost such an image? 

I'm not sure that I see the relevance of that to how the picture is being described.  It feels like you're trying to defelct.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, BangkokReady said:

Wrong again.  It's being reported as the bat being next to Bragg's head when it clearly isn't.

Not at all.  I'm simply being accurate.

The bat is next to Trump.  Trump is next to Bragg.  The bat is not next to Bragg's head.

You know I can see the picture, right?  Why not be honest?

I'm not sure that I see the relevance of that to how the picture is being described.  It feels like you're trying to defelct.

Oh please. I have explained that it's a montage. An obvious too. No attempt is made to fool anyone into thinking it's real. But in the montage the bat is next to Bragg. That's why the image was created. Why does Trump post a montage that shows him holding a bat that in the montage is next to Bragg? 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Do I think that by posting this picture Trump was calling his minions to attack Bragg?

No.

No.  There's simply no reason to believe that Trump is commanding his supporters to attack or kill Bragg.  It's silly to suggest so.

So if someone posted something similar directing it at your wife, yourself, or your child it would be a big nothing in your view......no wonder folks get killed by others because nothing was done to stop the action.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, placeholder said:

Oh please. I have explained that it's a montage. An obvious too. No attempt is made to fool anyone into thinking it's real. But in the montage the bat is next to Bragg. That's why the image was created. Why does Trump post a montage that shows him holding a bat that in the montage is next to Bragg? 

The bat is next to Trump, not Bragg.  It certainly isn't next to Bragg's head.  I'm not sure that there is much more that we can discuss about an image that you are claiming shows something that it does not.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1