Trump posts disturbing baseball bat photo with Alvin Bragg, threatens ‘death and destruction’

onthedarkside

3 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

But he didn't do it, so what does it have to do with what is being discussed?

You seem to be unable to join the dots. 

With no disrespect, you seem to have a disassociation issue with this case , perhaps this article may help you!

"The internet has just as much misinformation, uninformed opinions, and "alternative" facts as it does reliable information. If we’re going to improve the intelligence and creativity............., we're going to need to know how to make the best use of our brain and the knowledge available to us".

Connecting the Dots: Learning How to Learn for Modern Day Thinkers (sambrinson.com)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Already posted a link to it:

"The package, which reportedly contained a message that said, "Alvin—I'll kill you," came following a message posted on social media by former President Donald Trump"

Sure, it could have happened.  It could also be a false-flag.  A threat is very different to an actual attack though.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

You seem to be unable to join the dots. 

Let me help you connect the dots.

If we are discussing what Trump meant in a previous twitter post, the meaning isn't changed by the actions of someone following the post.

Someone sending a threat to Bragg doesn't prove the meaning of what Trump posted on twitter.

You're basically saying "See?  Someone sent a threat to Bragg.  That means that Trump meant X." when it really doesn't.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I am sure that you are being willfully disingenuous. Maybe if the photo wasn't in the article you would have a point. But the photo was included in the article. One would have to be either blind or benighted to understand what was meant.

If you can't admit what is in the photo.  We cannot discuss the photo.  It's as simple as that, I'm afraid.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Isn't that why threats are dangerous and illegal? Because it can lead to real world actions. Or should everyone just wait for a real attempt to take place before taking them seriously?

Possibly.  It's not something I would do or would want to happen to me.  But it's still different from an actual attack.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Possibly.  It's not something I would do or would want to happen to me.  But it's still different from an actual attack.

Its not about you, its about law and order. Here's another example of why real law works this way, to avoid people being intimidated or worse.

In Trump Rape Case, Jurors Will Be Kept Anonymous to Protect Them

A judge said that they could become victims of “harassment or worse” from supporters of the former president as he faces a lawsuit by the writer E. Jean Carroll.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/23/nyregion/trump-rape-case-jurors.html

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

If you can't admit what is in the photo.  We cannot discuss the photo.  It's as simple as that, I'm afraid.

No one is denying what's in the photo. It's clearly a montage. And anybody who saw that photo who is visually able and not benighted can clearly see what's what. You would have to work very hard and against common sense to maintain that headline meant that the photo was taken from life. Obviously the montage was created to juxtapose Trump holding a bat with an image of Bragg. You admitted as much when you suggested the motive was to make a joke. What would be funny about it if it wasn't for the fact that the 2 images were juxtaposed? How would it work as a joke if i the bat wasn't next to Bragg in the montage?

• Like 1

I just wish AG Bragg would concentrate on NYC’s spiralling crime rate, and stop letting criminals our early.  NYC is getting more and more like Chicago and LA in crime.  Showboating doesn’t help NYC.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Anyway, I think I'm done here.  It's been interesting, but I've got stuff to do. :thumbsup:

Wise thing to do. You have done your fair share of defending the indefensible behavior of an incorrigible man. Cringe to think of him as the former President of a great country. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Funny is how bad trump was. trump---even before Covid hit---produced the worst economic performance in the US since Herbert Hoover in the 1930s.

Quite the claim. Is it borne from hatred for Trump, or did Trump pre covid really produce the worst economic performance since the great depression nearly 100 years ago? A broad spectrum of economic data would help to back up the unlikely factual claim.

• Love It 1