What to make of Kim Jong Un and North Korea's barrage of weapon tests

Social Media

17 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Trump got 

Trump was flim-flammed by Kim’s puffery and “beautiful letters” as predicted for decades by certain foreign intelligence agencies. At best a useful idiot or dupe 

Trump actually believed NK would hand over  nukes and bomb materials to be loaded on barges for decommissioning in the US. In the End this is all about China. The Kim dynasty and his the cycle of provocations continues until he is no longer useful to them or the US/China tension results  in WWIII. 

Nothing was gained except what the Kim’s have wanted for decades. The propaganda victory of the American president groveling before the dictator looking like the idiot he truly is and getting nothing in return but a few old bones in a box. 

Please could you answer my question ?

So, how should Trump have publicly greeted Kim when he first met him ?

(Taking into consideration that the two were about to engage in a meeting that Trump hoped would end in an agreement ?) 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Got the obligatory Trump mention in in the first reply, well done for that 

Let's face it, If Biden went there he would not know what to say, where he was and who Kim was. Even his VP on  a visit to SK called it NK ! Totally insane Democrat leadership.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Let's face it, If Biden went there he would not know what to say, where he was and who Kim was. Even his VP on  a visit to SK called it NK ! Totally insane Democrat leadership.

She still minor league in geography prowess compare to Trump and to her credit she swiftly made the correction.

https://www.indy100.com/news/trump-geography-world-map-fail-japan-finland-greenland-can-t-name-ukraine-9307641

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Please could you answer my question ?

So, how should Trump have publicly greeted Kim when he first met him ?

(Taking into consideration that the two were about to engage in a meeting that Trump hoped would end in an agreement ?) 

Of course he should be polite. That the truth is Trump never should have met with him at all is evident 

It makes sense to say “why not meet?” Tin pot dictators and terrorists (Without preconditions)  and I honestly I thought was OK. In my University  studies the old white men professors said it would be counterproductive and of course, I disagreed. They were correct. 

4 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Of course he should be polite. That the truth is Trump never should have met with him at all is evident 

It makes sense to say “why not meet?” Tin pot dictators and terrorists (Without preconditions)  and I honestly I thought was OK. In my University  studies the old white men professors said it would be counterproductive and of course, I disagreed. They were correct. 

Perhaps you can explain why it was unproductive?

Did the missiles not stop flying after Trump visited.

What did you expect anyway, that Kim should agree to ban nuclear weapons or something?

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Its quite interesting to see how the Left wing and Right win seemed to have changed sides .

We used to have the opinion of "Send in the army, kill em all and let God sort them out " attitude and the Left were always "No, no, try and talk about it to resolve the differences " 

The Left wing and Right wing have changed  sides

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What did you expect anyway, that Kim should agree to ban nuclear weapons or something?

Actually, it fits the programming of different types of missiles. In 2017, NK had completed its current (at that time) ICBM missile program tests. Kim is smarter than what you think.

When missile tests started again in 2019, it was the outcome of a different program of short-range missiles, followed later by other tests (new medium and long range missiles)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_North_Korean_missile_tests

Edited by candide

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

“Did the missiles not stop flying after Trump visited”

In all seriousness,Dialogue by Mr. Trump and a reduction in war games was used successfully ! 

“Opting to end these drills with South Korea is part of President Donald Trump’s plan to foster a more positive relationship with North Korea, the officials said”.

see original post from the military times on page 1

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Which still does not make him at all smart in my opinion!

Soooo, you'd rather have an idiot in charge of the Nth Korean nuclear arsenal than an intelligent one?

I can't agree with that. I hope he's at least intelligent enough to know that if he actually uses one Nth Korea may cease to exist.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

A temporary pause to provocation, while NK continued weapons development unabated was not the negotiating goal of the US side. Trump got hoodwinked.

Now this diplomatic powerhouse claims on a recent interview with FOX propagandist and Trump acolyte Sean Hannity that he will solve the Ukraine was in “24 hours” when he is re-elected in 2024. Of course he can’t say how.  Deranged and unhinged 

Perhaps you tell us Biden's so much more clever and practical policy for dealing with Nth Korea then?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Soooo, you'd rather have an idiot in charge of the Nth Korean nuclear arsenal than an intelligent one?

I have no say in who is in charge of North Korea, or most other countries for that matter.

I still have no reason to believe that the man is at all smart. 

If he was smart his country and people would not be in the dreadful state that he subjects them to!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

I have no say in who is in charge of North Korea, or most other countries for that matter.

I still have no reason to believe that the man is at all smart. 

If he was smart his country and people would not be in the dreadful state that he subjects them to!

He can be smart and not care about the peasants. Mao was apparently instrumental in killing about 30 million of his own citizens and I haven't heard anyone saying he was an idiot.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Thumbs Up 1