RTP chief says people WILL be allowed to ride in the back of pick-ups at Songkran 2023 - but only FOUR!

webfact

11 hours ago, Will B Good said:

I always thought the law makers were our 'elected' representatives in government, the judiciary apply the law (fairly...555)......the police are there to police the population according to the law...............it's not up to the police to decide what the law actually is, should be, or if it should applied or dis-applied......what am I thinking.....this is Thailand.

You are an optimist.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

"They would also have to stick to the left and not hog the right lane by barriers."   Shouldn't that be the case year round and applicable to all vehicles?  Why just Songkran?  And after Songkran, as many as can fit in the back of pick up!!!!!!!!?????  The country is run and controlled by total idiots!

....and gangsters.

13 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Always and every law can be modified , changed or used as they like...4 in the back now allowed, but more if there are kids, because they don't count for the law etc etc,...And who is going to control it?? Police is busy on the roadsides on their mobiles and the other ones are on holiday ...

Yep, real busy doing important service in the roadside tent serving fake coffee and helping folks relaxing to recharge their mobiles so they can text for longer periods when they are driving.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Paradise Pete said:

Not the laws exactly, but the enforcement of them. Police around the world tend to have some discretion like that. Surely at some point in your life you've technically broken a law that was chosen not to be enforced. More so if you're the right color, of course, but that's a different discussion.

Well my adherence to laws is not the topic, but generally I do my utmost. Other than licencing hours, I do not hear of the police suspending laws and making such announcements off the top of their heads in many countries. It might have been a good idea to limit the speed at which pickups can be doing this.....

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, SABloke said:

We seem to have a bit of a subject-verb disagreement here ???? Pot/kettle and all that ????

Even if motrcycles are involved in many accidents, there's still large numbers of car/pick up etc., crashes and large numbers of deaths from car/pick up crashes.

Edited by scorecard