Pattaya Police Launch City-Wide Search Targeting Foreigners on Overstay

snoop1130

I have noticed that our Local Police here up the road a bit from Ayutthaya are now getting out their Cameras, if / when you just casually meet them in the street, or well they are doing a town council sweep of the Market street ? ...

They now always ask you to let them pose for a photo with you ! … And then take a selfie or their partner takes one, on their mobile phone! Like and Very officially ! (Yes I wonder where they are sending them or putting them ? ) ...  (Yes I should have my Camera ready and ask them if I can take one of us together with that also ? I asked the last one HIS name and well ... have you ever seen a Police man trying to wriggle out of having to tell the truth ! Right in your face ! ) as the Keen ones ask you for your name !

So now if they are lined up for smoothies, … I go to a different shop right !  … But it would seem to me that the job of Investigating Foreigners had NOW been given to these just local, on the beat cops up here also.  Like this never happened before, but now every one of them that I have run into just lately, has done it ! ...

I smile and give then a v for Victory in the shot right, as I myself have absolutely NO problem with these Guys at all ( ... SO FAR ! My Wife warns me !!! !!! Like she is furious if she sees me talking to ANY COPS ! If I do not have to !!! ) ...

But well when I was walking in the Sarawak jungles in East Malaysia some many Years ago, (Same thing, taking Selfies with Cops ! ? ) ... and we met "Independent Observers of the Penan People" ... Who were actually West Malaysian Secret Police, so the locals whispered to me, who were trying to catch that Swiss Naturalist Bruno Menser, who was Married, and Living there in the deep Jungle with the Penan, …  And advising them ? about Logging Road Blockades at one point like he was arrested on one, but then dived off the Express boat in to the Baram River I think and swam to shore and was never seen again ! ... Well he has been back in Switzerland for Years now and must be pretty old there also ! He escaped through Bruni I heard, and that makes sense.

(Yes I wouldn't have minded a selfie with Bruni Menser you know ! Like well just between you and me that is why I was there. )

Any way meet Bruno, and stop the then Environment Minister turning it in to a Golf Course ! ... And I do believe he DID say that !!! About the Sarawak just really fantastic wilderness ) .... 

So, I always used to Salute for their fake friendly Selfies right !!! Har Har ...

(And just told the Local men to learn how to drive a bulldozer, and “look after you family that way”, … Yes I do question some of the Blatantly wrong, and stupid Amoral Garbage, that I also myself unfortunately followed to survive back then, in all of the out of the way places I went to when I was young. )

… But my Thai police Buddies ? … Well they are in Uniform and well reasonably up front I think ? ...  These recent guys has a Honder 300 !!! ... Like Varrr a Nice Bike for two tight Brown Thai cops in their Fara Forcit Major, look alike gear !!! …. So well, ... we can talk about bikes and they get a V for Victory ! Come rabbits Ears in their selfie of the Folang also !!! …. God bless their Kind but also struggling little / big Souls !

24 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I've known him for around 40 years, longer than you have no doubt, and I'm sure that neither he nor I give a rat's fart what you think. It has absolutely no relevance to this thread.

Hha.says a lot about your relevance then.Do you have 2 ties for every shirt too.????

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

Saw it once in cnx the police closed off zoe in yellow area.had all the depts they.I believe they found no one but some had the passport in the hotel which they had to prove later.No one left until they could prove a visa or carry on with the party after

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No one has compelled anyone to do that and no one been compelled to have do that

Apart from all the people in the various entertainment premises who were randomly checked as outlined in the OP. The alternative being a compulsory visit to the police station. 

You persist with your mindless one liners on my posts.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Hha.says a lot about your relevance then.Do you have 2 ties for every shirt too.????

I can appreciate that you might be frustrated that you are unable to respond in an intelligent and constructive manner. Some do have that handicap, and it makes me wonder why they post at all.

5 hours ago, Denim said:

Does working illegally include vloggers. ? Seem to be hundreds of them.

Interesting, didnt the government make it illegal to publish video footage from public places on media platforms such as youtube without the permission of the individuals filmed or have i got that wrong.

So the hundreds of vloggers are possibly all illegal and did the authorities ask permission to show the people in bars they filmed who are now in the public spotlight.?

7 hours ago, hioctane said:

That truck must have been full. I don't know anyone that brings their passport out to the clubs.

If you had watched the video you knew that copies or photos on the mobile are sufficient.

I have no sympathy for foreigners going out here (particularly the hotspots) without any ID/copy.

And I still find it better to have paper copies too.

To be cynical: before you fly from the scooter and smash your head against a power pole please have some ID with you. Don't be the unidentified foreigner lying dead on the pavement.

I never go out in Pattaya without at least paper copy of passport/"visa"/personal data/contact phone numbers and a business card of the hotel I am staying. I don't tend to be drunk as a skunk and not finding my way back but there are other circumstances where you might become helpless/unconscious.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Wonderful publicity for Thailand's tourism.

I never carry my passport when I go out though. 

Better they go and check the owners of these clubs licences and stop local criminals who rob and attack tourists ,whether in a Tuk tok or taxi or even bars and clubs.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Mickmouse1 said:

And which is not required for such routine checks.

Easier options.
The video is 1:48 min. Too much to watch and understand?

Edited by KhunBENQ

38 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Apart from all the people in the various entertainment premises who were randomly checked as outlined in the OP. The alternative being a compulsory visit to the police station. 

You persist with your mindless one liners on my posts.

I blocked him long ago.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Wonderful publicity for Thailand's tourism.

Better they go and check the owners of these clubs licences and stop local criminals who rob and attack tourists ,whether in a Tuk tok or taxi or even bars and clubs.

And what happened about the safety checks after the latest night club fire? And what happened to the owner and those he persuaded to look the other way? But no - harassing and seeking out foreigners with no grounds whatsoever (number found breaking the law: zero) is the priority.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

When Immigration would order misbehaving foreigners with a Non Imm O Visa/extension for reason of retirement, to present themselves at the Imm Office with their passport and updated Bank Pass-book, the carnage would be immense.  Because all those that made use of a 'fixer' agent would not be able to prove that they keep the required funds on their personal Bank-account, which makes their Permit to stay invalid.

Imo Immigration will be extremely reluctant to do the above as it would make Pattaya a ghost-town when all those would be deported that made use of a 'fixer' agent to avoid parking the funds on their personal bank-account. But it would be an easy way to get rid of foreigners that are causing trouble at night venues or elsewhere.

Pattaya's a ghost town now compared to before Kungflu and the silly <deleted> what the dirty b@st@rds back 

15 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

If you had watched the video you knew that copies or photos on the mobile are sufficient.

I have no sympathy for foreigners going out here (particularly the hotspots) without any ID/copy.

Foreigners, two-week tourists in particular, know they must carry ID with them at all times? That might come as a huge surprise to all those who arrive from countries where there is no such demand. You know, those who come from countries where men in uniform don't intimidate those out for a drink, demanding they prove they are innocent and have a right to be in the country. You think that's normal?

I would love to know the number who come here and say 'never again'.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Bangkok Barry said:

Foreigners, two-week tourists in particular, know they must carry ID with them at all times? That might come as a huge surprise to all those who arrive from countries where there is no such demand. You know, those who come from countries where men in uniform don't intimidate those out for a drink, demanding they prove they are innocent and have a right to be in the country. You think that's normal?

I would love to know the number who come here and say 'never again'.

I've got more fingers on one hand. A clue might be that Bangkok is the most visited city in the world.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Foreigners, two-week tourists in particular, know they must carry ID with them at all times? That might come as a huge surprise to all those who arrive from countries where there is no such demand.

Before one travels half of the world from his nanny state to an authoritarian/military ruled country it might be worth to read travel advice from their foreign office or similar sources. Just fed German foreign office advise to Google:

Foreigners are required to carry their ID with them at all times. ID checks are frequent, particularly in the capital's entertainment districts, but also in Pattaya, Phuket and Chiang Mai. A photocopy of the passport is sufficient, provided that the page with the Thai visa or entry stamp is copied and carried with you.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I asked how many return. You appear to claim that you know the answer (less than five). What is your source, please?

You go first. Actually, I'm a leper. I have only one finger. That must be your mate or I can only assume that's what your source is.

If you're asking about my source for Bangkok being the most visited city it's been discussed and linked previously.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Before one travels half of the world from his nanny state to an authoritarian/military ruled country it might be worth to read travel advice from their foreign office or similar sources. Just fed German foreign office advise to Google:

I'm sure that most people who visit a supposed safe country don't go to government websites to read up on that country's laws. They see a photo of a beach (which might not actually be a beach in Thailand because TAT has been known to make that error), and they book a flight. They don't expect to have to prove while out for a drink that they have a right to be in the country.

Perhaps you can name any country where police tour the bars to check if you have a right to be in that country. I'm not aware of any. In other countries the police deal with real crime, not intimidating people who have spent a lot of money to get there ,and demanding they prove their innocence.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

I've only ever seen Russian touts trying to get customers into their walking street bars.

Two weeks ago there were at least thirty past the Marine Bar before the Bayshore. I was surprised.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, d4dang said:

Two weeks ago there were at least thirty past the Marine Bar before the Bayshore. I was surprised.

No doubting you but thirty touts? There's only a handful of bars there. I rarely go to walking street anymore. Apart from the owner friendly drink policies the touts are a bit of a downer. Especially the ping pong show touts shoving placards in my face all the time. I haven't been to a ping pong show ever since my mate threw a bouncer down the stairs in a ping pong show upstairs near King's Castle in Patpong about 40 years ago.

Be aware that a decent number of Thais are of Indian descent so many might be legit. I doubt that any of the Russians are.

Edited by ozimoron

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

No doubting you but thirty touts? There's only a handful of bars there. I rarely go to walking street anymore. Apart from the owner friendly drink policies the touts are a bit of a downer. Especially the ping pong show touts shoving placards in my face all the time. I haven't been to a ping pong show ever since my mate threw a bouncer down the stairs in a ping pong show upstairs near King's Castle in Patpong about 40 years ago.

Fire Cat? 

19 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You go first. Actually, I'm a leper. I have only one finger. That must be your mate or I can only assume that's what your source is.

If you're asking about my source for Bangkok being the most visited city it's been discussed and linked previously.

I was asking for your source on the number who return. You said less than the number of fingers on your hand, which was a brainless response. As was your nonsense I've quoted now.

As for my 'mate', he reported in response to an article posted on this site. It's his job.