Thieving foreigner pays with his life after stealing electricity - he's electrocuted

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Wilaphon was also stealing electricity for sale.

Amazing! I wonder how he did that? Would that not be electrical wire or breakers for sale, no Pulitzer Prize for journalism here!

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

4 hours ago, 2baht said:

Amazing! I wonder how he did that? Would that not be electrical wire or breakers for sale, no Pulitzer Prize for journalism here!

replied under wrong post

Edited by n00dle

4 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

A gardener? Looking at that rubbish around the house I would hardly call him a gardener.

Karma strikes again..... 

nor could we call you a reader, it seems. 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

was found dead in an abandoned house

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Wilaphon sneaked into the house

how are either of these remarks unclear?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Based on some of the comments herein about a dead human being, the value of life in LOS certainly is held in low regard.

I’d argue that it's not the value on life which contributors to this thread have held in low regard, rather its the higher value many of us have placed in recognising the irony of a petty thief being the architect of his own demise. 

48 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Why Darwin Awards... at 45 years of age its likely he’d already contributed to the gene pool !!!  

Nothing was conveyed in the story as to the victim 's personal life other than alien from Laos working as a Gardner. One might speculate given the theft of vegetables, etc. he may have been a migrant worker earning low (if not below legal minimum?) wages motivated by family (ie., contributed to the gene pool) at home?

Do the Darwin Awards go to those who try for a better life against social class, poverty, etc.? Especially in a country where a government and/or society doesn't provide livable opportunity and security for migrants.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Srikcir said:

Do the Darwin Awards go to those who try for a better life against social class, poverty, etc.? Especially in a country where a government and/or society doesn't provide livable opportunity and security for migrants.

i would say yes, more often than not. they are generally the ones who make stupid fatal mistakes.

On 4/10/2023 at 4:20 PM, Srikcir said:

Nothing was conveyed in the story as to the victim 's personal life other than alien from Laos working as a Gardner. One might speculate given the theft of vegetables, etc. he may have been a migrant worker earning low (if not below legal minimum?) wages motivated by family (ie., contributed to the gene pool) at home?

Probably the "wokest" post I have ever read    certainly due some sort  of an award, 

One might also speculate that he was just an opportunist  thief and a pretty stupid one at that

The Thai government can hardly provide for its own people, why on earth should they be expected to support migrants from any country? 

Especially ones that turn to crime to fund their "better life"  or "social climbing"

On 4/10/2023 at 4:20 PM, Srikcir said:

I think you misunderstand exactly what the ‘Darwin awards’ are...  and you’ve certainly misunderstood my response.