Daytime boozers beware! RTP on ALL DAY lookout for Songkran DUI offenders in Bangkok

webfact

2 hours ago, kennw said:
4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

This makes no sense at all. Some only look for some illegal behaviour, and if it's not on their list they ignore it?

There's no pleasing some people, we all know this is something they should do all the time but at least lets appreciate the effort announced and give praise for that. 

I never, ever give praise for a job that is poorly or only partially done. The fact that this is considered by some to be progress, that police will very deliberately continue to ignore crimes taking place right in front of them while responding to just the odd few and that it meets with approval by some contributors here, is staggering.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Motorists may also be lucky to get some chicken essence at checkpoints.

Is that to mask the smell of booze at the next checkpoint.?  :sick:

nearly 100 of them - would be set up from NOON.

is that 98 then

a few were looking for non-helmet wearing,

Were they all drunk when they came up with these ideas?  :drunk:

Why do checks in BKK? Everybody leaves. I don't think anyone is drunk or drugged while leaving or coming back on Sunday, 

Most of the accidents involves motorcycles, about 80% and pick-ups, 10%. Of the total, about 40% occurred on Highway Department roads and 35% on roads under the jurisdiction of tambon administration organisations.

Speeding accounted for most accidents, about 37%, followed by drink-driving, 25.25%.

That is so far for this years Songkran,

If the RTP ever came out of their stations, and did a policing job, this country will be transformed. But no, they sit there drinking coffee, the police vehicles parked and unused, and trying to be important. You never see cops at night....plenty out fleecing the public during the day with traffic stops where they catch poor people not wearing helmets. 

"Studies has shown that Thais were getting drunk all day during Songkran."

REALLY? ???? Who would have guessed?

And how long have these studies taken - and at what cost?

(P.S. It should read "Studies HAVE shown that .......)

Add to the DUI duties at checkpoints. Our town's police went around and announced the e-bikes and e-trikes would be prohibited in town from today through Sunday (or Monday?) There goes my access to 7-Eleven or Tesco for the half mile that is our town's shopping district.
Regular bicycles still allowed, but I stopped using mine as they had widened the highway and caused traffic to be faster even as they left less room to walk or bike safely. My trike is far more visible to drivers overtaking me on the road.
As it is, too many very narrow misses to venture out, especially since I suspect many DUIs will get past the checkpoints as not being too tipsy in the moment.

27 minutes ago, Pink Mist said:

Just drove from BKK to HH saw two checkpoints set-up, and no one manning them, maybe the all-day checks do not start until after midday.  

Think they probably start tomorrow as that is when the holiday starts.

28 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Think they probably start tomorrow as that is when the holiday starts.

Possibly, but with those having arrived already tonight will be a party night.  Drove through the beach front road to Pranburi beach, it looks like a ghost town. Few vendors out, my guess is they have gone home to wherever. Head to Krabi on Friday morning, let's see what traffic looks like then and if there will be checkpoints. I know foolish to be driving, yet I have logged over 100,000 km'sin the past few years.

Does any one know if they have the Lick the Stick, Marajuana test kits in use here in Thailand now ? as they have had in some other countries for several Years now.

... Local Info, - I have heard, that they test positive on you, if you have smoked Pot even a couple of days ago ? And like possibly even more, like up to 6 days I think ? ...

But the results are graded, and they can tell roughly how much is in your system ? and over how many days ago you probably had a smoke, before you drove ? ...  So well if you look good, are Polite, and Obviously not fully stoned, to hardly affected at all, ... Like you only smoked probably more than 2 days ago ? ... But it still registers a lower value ? ... Well, they can still technically book you ? I think ? ... But often they have been known to let you off, ... Well, where I come from at least. ? any way. )