Going the wrong way! Motorcyclist killed after collision in Phuket

webfact

4 hours ago, Deli said:

Too lazy to go to the next U-turn ( which might be far away, thanks to the genius people planning roads in Thailand ) makes them going against the traffic. A miracle that not more riders die that way. Brain - dead they are anyhow already, when doing so.

Not just lazy, U-turns here are very dangerous.

Road design is imo a major cause of ghost riding here 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Indeed.... Is there a day that goes by for any of us when if on the roads we don’t see someone going the wrong way down the road ??? (on the wrong side of the road). 

Where as, in our home countries, is the are day that goes by where we have ??

This is the stark difference in attitudes towards safety... 

Another comparison: 

I know very very few Thai’s who have not been involved in a drink driving related accident/ 

I know no foreigners who have. 

Or is it the fear of getting caught and the financial ramifications in the West?

deep sh$t if going the wrong way or any non compliant driving behavior that causes a lethal accident 

• 2 weeks later...

Not just driving or riding the wrong way, but a lot of other strange behaviour on the road here, totally illogical and dangerous....!

But looking at the faces of the offenders - I usually try to make eye contact just to see who this moron is ...!, I'm not quite sure if they know what they're doing is wrong, illegal and dangerous, at all....!? 

This is very important, I've seen in the west sometimes when somebody does something wrong, either by mistake or rarely deliberate, you get a nod or hand go up for aknowlagment and apology, this tells me he knows he's doing something wrong - very important, he hopefully will not repeat, well , not often....

Here I see no such thing, they are totally in a state that shows they are not doing anything wrong whatsoever....! I wonder if they don't know the rules anyway.... !!?

Add to that you can not blow your horn or wave hand or something to say they are doing something wrong, basically means they repeat the wrong, and treat it as normal, over and over... This is the main problem here, nobody is corrected or dealt with - losing face and all that ...! Terrible culture if you ask me in this particular regard ..., Never improving...!