Extension of tourist-VISA

2 minutes ago, glegolo18 said:

Chaiyaphum

Not familiar with that office.

Hopefully there is access to photocopy machine as some offices go over the top with required pp pages.

Assume you can provide TM30 screenshot from hotel or similar.

This is often required. 

• Like 1

I attended the Hua Hin (Bluport Mall) Immigration branch on Monday 10 April 23 with prepared TM7 et al.

Queued in seat provided outside wondering why I seemed to be the only one clutching a A4 size envelope. Just prior to my number coming up I noticed a small sign at the entrance on a writing table pointing to a tray 'Form for Visa Extension'. This appeared to be a proforma in-lieu of a TM 7 provided by this Immigration in anticipation of large demand for extensions. Most people around me were clutching one filled out with basic details.

My TM 7 was, however, accepted without comment and dealt with efficiently. I had tacked on a copy of my exit flight booking too.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That should not be required.

I know but it was a 'just in case' addition. The IO did ask me if I had moved into an hotel and was pointing at my home address I had entered on the TM7. I confirmed I was still at my home address but muttered under my breath "The same address I have been reporting for twenty years!" 

On 4/12/2023 at 8:43 PM, DrJack54 said:

Not familiar with that office.

Hopefully there is access to photocopy machine as some offices go over the top with required pp pages.

Assume you can provide TM30 screenshot from hotel or similar.

This is often required. 

Not familiar with that office but when others offering info from locations they aren't connected to you claim rubbish. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Not familiar with that office but when others offering info from locations they aren't connected to you claim rubbish. 

From the OP to me ..

"Thank you so much, appreciated."..

Have you assisted the OP? 

3 Questions

I would appreciate your help.

1 Do I need a TM30, if staying in a hotel?

2 What happens if I've had two visa extensions by going to Laos, but want to extend the last tourist visa in BKK. 
Is this allowed?

3 If I'm getting serious medical treatment here, can I get a longer extension?

Thank you

Edited by toast1

11 minutes ago, toast1 said:

3 Questions

I would appreciate your help.

1 Do I need a TM30, if staying in a hotel?

2 What happens if I've had two visa extensions by going to Laos, but want to extend the last tourist visa in BKK. 
Is this allowed?

3 If I'm getting serious medical treatment here, can I get a longer extension?

Thank you

1. Yes 

2. No problem. 

3. How long are you looking at? That's not straight forward @Sheryl is a mod and will advise you re medical permission of stay options. 

Edited by DrJack54

Thanks for the help.

Is a letter from the hospital enough, or is there a particular medical form I should present to get the 90 days? 
Do you have an examples?

Also,
I've had two land crossing tourist visas, and am told this is the limit now, if I fly in and out, would I be able to get another tourist visa?

Many thanks

4 minutes ago, toast1 said:

I've had two land crossing tourist visas, and am told this is the limit now, if I fly in and out, would I be able to get another tourist visa?

Yes.

The entry via land two limit is for visa exempt entry.

Did you actually have a tourist visa or are you referring to visa exempt entry as a tourist visa entry.

Big difference. 

3 hours ago, toast1 said:

Is a letter from the hospital enough, or is there a particular medical form I should present to get the 90 days? 

It needs to be a doctor from a major hospital. The letter must explain the medical condition that renders you unable even to travel overland to a border crossing (inability to fly is usually not sufficient). Immigration is extremely sceptical when presented with requests for medical extensions.

If both land crossings were without visas (visa exemption) and occurred this year, then you are not eligible for another in 2023. You could leave by land to somewhere like Savannakhet and get an actual tourist visa from the consulate there and could then return by land without a problem. The limitations on entering by land only apply to those entering without a visa.

If you are thinking of entering by air, requesting a further visa exemption, there is always a small risk when you are a long stay tourist. Although you would be unlucky, a denied entry is possible.

The advice I always give to long stay tourists is to husband those easy and safe visa exempt entries by land. Find other solutions for re-entry (usually, by applying for tourist visas) and only use the visa exemptions in an emergency.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help.

Do you have an examples?

Also,

Many thanks

There is no such thing as a kand crossing tourist visa.

And there is no limit on how often you can enter by land border with a visa.

I think you entered visa exempt. That does have a limit if 2 per year.

Re medical extension it is very, very unlikey you can get it.  Doctor letter (there is no special form) would have to state it is physically impossible for  you to  travel and explain why. 

As you are not an inpatient in the hospital, immigration is hoing to be very skeptical. 

Thank you for the info

What do you mean by ' visa exempt'.

'No limit on how often you can enter by land border with a visa' does that mean going to a Thai embassy in another country and applying for a tourist visa before reentering?

Thanks

Edited by toast1

14 minutes ago, toast1 said:

"Visa exempt" means you have no visa, but Immigration allows you to enter without one. The term "visa waiver" is sometimes used, and means the same thing.

22 minutes ago, toast1 said:

Thank you for the info

'No limit on how often you can enter by land border with a visa' does that mean going to a Thai embassy in another country and applying for a tourist visa before reentering?

Thanks

You asked..

What do you mean by ' visa exempt.....

There is a visa waiver policy Thailand with approx 64 countries.

Meaning you can enter Thailand without a visa.

In the main this provides 30 day stamp.

For some countries more.

You are allowed 2 visa exempt entries per calendar year (if from certain countries)  via land borders. 

Unlimited (in theory) visa exempt entries via air.

Regarding tourist visa consulates will often limit the number. Two is common at some nearby countries such as Cambodia and others.

In addition immigration on arrival can refuse entry especially for continuous stay in Thailand. 

Edited by DrJack54