Wishing to Wish All Contributors to TV a Glorious Songkran Holiday, and a Blessed New Year. (Have you been blessed this year?)

Yes I/we have and are. Thank you for asking.

I'm dripping with white-privilege , and as such am truly blessed with a gracious, abundant, and very free life ... even here in LOS where folks like to say we aren't wanted, aren't liked, are walking-ATM targets, are barely tolerated lol ????.

So life is very easy, even when its hard, its easy.

Spreading the love (in both etherial and existential/practical material ways) as much as I can and receiving much joy doing so.

IF one is to survive in East Asia or SE Asia, without going completely BONKERS, then there is only one FINAL SOLUTION in order to escape the RANCID ASIAN POP Music...ONLY ONE Solution.

And that is JS Bach, and Bach played as loud as necessary at any given moment, especially during Thai Holidays and Music Festivals.

Years ago in Thailand, years before amplified music, during a time when we could often listen to classical Thai and Chinese instruments being played by masters with no need for electrical amplification, then we could have probably gotten along more easily without so much JS Bach to save us.

But times have changed.

Today's pop music is not music, for the most part, and is not, culturally speaking, Thai, either.

The pop music which is being blasted at us throughout the nation, in the countryside and in the cities, is mindless rancid garbage compared to what music should be.

Therefore, the only way to survive is to either dig a sound bunker 10 meters below the surface of the earth, or to play JS Bach, or, when the Music Festival is upon one, then you will need a bunker AND Bach.

By the way:  I have been enjoying the Netherlands Bach Society for a few years.  Often, Bach is played on period instruments. In fact, I often prefer modern instruments, just because they sound better.  And yet, I enjoy period instruments, as well, when in the mood.

The Netherlands Bach Society is a service provided free to the world.

I just hope we feel sufficient gratitude.

Free is a very small price to pay for Sanity.

Regards,

Gammy

• Love It 1

Strangely enough, unlike in the Netherlands, in Thailands, I have never seen people gather outside a house, in droves, just to listen to people sing the praises of JS Bach.

Maybe, someday this will happen in the Thailands, it is hoped.

One can only wish.

Again, wishing everyone here a very pheasant and Blessed Sunday on the last day of the Blessed Songkran Holiday.

Again, Happy New Year!

Although, in almost cases, I do prefer instrumental JS Bach, yet, once in a while, the Human Voice is also acceptable for a change in listening pleasure.

Viva JS Bach!

But not, so much, Viva Zapata, because, Hollywood Productions get old, while JS Bach is Eternal. 

Regards,

Globby

• Love It 1

SATO is Good.

He is interesting because after birth in Japan, he immediately chose to move to the mean streets of Philly where he discovered the delights of BAROQUE, Baroque EVERYTHING.

Who knows if he ever survived on Cheesesteaks while in Philly.  

But then, he made an even better move, after a spell at Julliard, to take up his bowing at the Netherlands Bach Society.

All in all, Sato has made many good choices during his short life, so far.

Anyway, as you will agree, this Bach Society is a gift to the world.

We can live where we want, and still enjoy the ultimate in music.

Nothing, NOTHING, tops JS Bach.

Everybody knows this.

No debate is even entertained on this matter.

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Has anyone else noticed as GammaGobulin starts less threads, GeorgeGorgia makes many more?

Still, you must admit that I fought the good fight, while I lasted.

However, one just cannot maintain the tempo, month after month, and still have a life.

"Something's Gotta Give," Marilyn.

Anyway, I think I found a new hobby; I have been trying to comment on UTube for a while.

However, some UTubers can be finnicky about humor they do not perceive to be humorous.

Some guys just don't know what's funny and what's not.

Ho Hum, nothing new on UTube, I guess.

• Love It 1

On 4/13/2023 at 8:39 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

For those who are a year older this year, I wish you an even better new year.

Does that not apply to every living human being.

But of course, some people's New Year starts and finishes at different dates.

On 4/13/2023 at 8:39 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

JS Bach has composed music for almost every occasion, and most of it is unforgettable.

What did he compose for say The Millenium, or the Queen's Jubilee.

What you really mean is that his music can be used for many occasions, as can music by almost ANY composer..

Was he inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

What did he compose for say The Millenium, or the Queen's Jubilee.

What you really mean is that his music can be used for many occasions, as can music by almost ANY composer..

Was he inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame?

I doubt that Bach would be interested in any Hall of Fame, as he is in a set of one, a unique set.

However, concerning the Hall of Fame, and other TOP of the Chart Music some people enjoy, including the World's Top Chart Music today, here is a critique of the same that might be worth a view...

There is no beauty in Hall of Fame or Top-of-The-Chart music.

This music is composed and played in order to be quickly placed on the dust heap of history, and quickly forgotten.

If you want to know the difference between Music and music, please watch this hilarious video, and have a harmless chuckle.

In fact, all music is good if one, or anyone, enjoys listening.  And, same with a tree that falls in the forest.  And, concerning some music, same with a bear that....oh well...

• Love It 2

24 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

This music is composed and played in order to be quickly placed on the dust heap of history, and quickly forgotten.

Beatles, Beach Boys, Carpenters, Abba............dust heap of history and forgotten? I think not.

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Beatles, Beach Boys, Carpenters, Abba............dust heap of history and forgotten? I think not.

Give it time....

Let's all come back in 300 years and listen to Abba.

Remember, we are still, today, falling in love with JS Bach music that was first played in 1710, or thereabouts.

Anyway, GPT4 can do better than the Beach Boys in 2023, for sure.

• Love It 1

Who can believe? Another year gone by.

Such nostalgia for last year, and the years that went before that one, too.

So much water under the dam and over the bridge.

Look out, though.

It's all gonna be comin round again.

Can't stand the thought.

The Itzy Bitzy Spider song from this film gives me the creeps.

I refuse to do this all again!

Still, and maybe, our days may just be finally numbered, this time?

Such Heartburn.

• Love It 1

What a fantastic Songkran Holiday this has been.

Hopefully, all contributors to TV have enjoyed blessed time with their families and close friends.

I know that I have; I mean that I have spent time here with you.

And now, it is a New Monday, a New MANIC Monday, perchance.

And it is time to get back to more reality and fewer water blessings.

So, until next Songkran, I bid you....a fond and semisweet adieu.

Next year at this time, I hope to share with you, once again, ....

Another TOP 1O of the Global TO 50...

Because, for sure, I will be tuning in to Rick on his UTube channel, 12 months from now, to see what is new, and what is just the same old, same old, as usual.

I found Rick Beato's Utube channel last week. I had gone in search of what might be wrong with this year's Top 10. And then, Rick's Hilarious Channel popped up. It was just what the doctor had ordered, I guess. I have no idea who he is or what he stands for, if anything.

But, why wait for next year when you can get next year's TOP 10, NINE Months ago!:

These Great Songs never change, really...

Enjoy if you will...

• Love It 1

19 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

There is no beauty in Hall of Fame or Top-of-The-Chart music.

I quite enjoyed TQG and Ella Baila Sola.