Germans split as last three nuclear power stations go off grid

webfact

3 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

I don't know what you mean by wind and solar aren't so efficient. Measured in monetary terms they give the biggest bang for the buck.

monetary terms. Meaning it pays off to invest, but cant cope with usage.

So more and more have to come.

Of course, right now there aren't enough solar and wind power plants. It's not like fingers can be snapped and they magically appear. But  in the next 5 years more than 90%  of global energy expansion will come from either wind or solar.

https://www.iea.org/news/renewable-power-s-growth-is-being-turbocharged-as-countries-seek-to-strengthen-energy-security

Poland has no NPPs at the moment.

Until now, they planed to build 6 NPPs until 2040.

Things have changed.

The new plan is to install up to 20 NPPs (BWRX-300).

US Export-Import Bank and U.S. International Development Finance Corporation are supporting this with 3.6 Billion USD.

The first BWRX-300 is projected to be completed in 2029.

I guess, Poland will have a huge market in Germany :-).

Germany already has the highest electricity prices and the gap to other countries will widen. Yesterday, E.ON, one of the big players on the german energy-market has announced to increase the electricity price in the state of Nordrhein-Westfalen by 45 % from first of June on.

No problem at all, if more and more energy hungry industries leave the country for better shores - says Patrick Graichen, the dark "brain" behind children's book author and economy minister Robert Habeck:

"In essence, it’ll probably mean, easy to copy energy intensive industry might go to places where you have those one to two cents".

The south-western state of Baden-Württemberg, one of the industrial heartlands of the country, has given 4 red warnings over the last few months, saying the electricity situation is highly dangerous and people please should not use energy hungry items like washing machines etc. and should not charge their laptops between 1 und 5 pm, if possible.

Happy times to come ????

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, placeholder said:

Thanks for the Pavlovian response. Someday you will catch me out not being able to back what I allege. Sadly, for you today is not that day. 

Richest 1%'s emissions twice that of poorest 50%: analysis

The richest one percent of people are responsible for more than twice as much carbon pollution as the poorest half of the world's population—3.1 billion people—new research showed Monday.

Despite a sharp decrease in carbon emissions due to the pandemic, the world remains on pace to warm several degrees this century, threatening poor and developing nations with the full gamut of natural disasters and displacements.

An analysis led by Oxfam showed that between 1990 and 2015, when annual emissions ballooned 60 percent, that rich nations were responsible for depleting nearly a third of Earth's carbon budget.

https://phys.org/news/2020-09-richest-emissions-poorest-analysis.html

"Catch you out", now why would I do that, just keep doing what you do....????

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, transam said:

"Catch you out", now why would I do that, just keep doing what you do....????

You're right. I shouldn't ascribe motives to your baseless comments. It's enough to note that they are baseless when you make them.  Which is frequently.

30 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You're right. I shouldn't ascribe motives to your baseless comments. It's enough to note that they are baseless when you make them.  Which is frequently.

Spoken like a true narcissist................????

But, you carry on.....:clap2:

• Thumbs Up 1