Security guard stomps on American tourist’s head in Phuket (video)

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The next day, the tourist filed a police complaint at Chalong Police Station and provided a medical certificate from Chalong Hospital which stated that his nose was broken.

This guy is very green ....   Welcome to Thailand  ....    the police won't do jack sh_t Mr tourist,  your not chinese enough.

2 hours ago, Denim said:

The altercation was about a smartphone that the DJ had stolen ( supposedly ) from the American tourist who was seeking redress.

Untrue according to his video shown in the post following yours (1:15).

Edited by Liverpool Lou

1 hour ago, NorthernRyland said:

Ok I actually bothered to listen to the video and the presenters at the very start say the DJ stole his phone. Who knows what happened but I doubt the DJ just decided to go after some random tourist. Probably witnesses would tell the full story.

this is what the american initially claimed which he then later rebuked. What is also interesting in his own words he was so drunk that he did not even know the time it all happened and yet filed a report and contacted the media.

But that does not change the fact, he started a fight for whatever reason, had his a$$ kicked and then wants something to be done? what if shoe was on the other foot, what would he be screaming then?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Spock said:

Nor are they there to continue the fight. They are there to control the situation not get their rocks off adding to the violence.

C'mon, Thais love a good kicking. Watch any video of fighting here and you'll always see someone get in a few good kicks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

C'mon, Thais love a good kicking. Watch any video of fighting here and you'll always see someone get in a few good kicks.

What they like to do and what they should do in a crowd control job, particularly one involving tourists, are very different.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, tubby johnson said:

The Yank should wake up and realize the rest of the world ain't America and he can't whine about "safe spaces", "micro-aggression" and his precious rights in Thailand. From the video evidence it looks like the Ugly American started the fight. He paid the consequences. Now accept them like a man and leave Thailand.

The pub owner has already apologized to the American. 

• Love It 1

15 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Untrue according to his video shown in the post following yours (1:15).

My post preceded the youtube post that the American made clarifying the mistakes made by the Thai media. I translated from the Thai at the top of the thread. I thought there must have been a reason why the fight kicked off. However , there are always two sides to a story hence my use of the word in brackets ( supposedly ).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:
8 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

I’m sure when you penned that quip somewhere in your head it seemed humorous…

Yep, I actually laughed out loud as I was writing it 

"Is laughing alone a sign of mental illness? ... Laughing by yourself for no reason is associated with many mental conditions, such as hypomania."

You might want to get yourself checked out… ???? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:
7 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Included in tonight’s playlist is Morrissey's " hang the DJ,hang the DJ,hang the DY " ???? 

(*Panic* by the Smiths)

Indeed,written by the lead singer ,Morrissey (about Steve Wright),but for relevant comedic effect only the lyric ,not simply the title works .. 

What an idiot!! Why would you want to pick a fight with DJ? Don’t like the music…Leave!!

3 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

From what I can see in the video footage, Mr. American got what he deserved.
And fixing a broken nose for THB 1,740... Nah

Serves him right

30 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Included in tonight’s playlist is Morrissey's " hang the DJ,hang the DJ,hang the DY " ???? 

Could be Sophie Ellis-Bextor's    -    Music gets the best of me ! :smile:

I think most of us would agree that the American guy is at fault here and many would say that he was asking for it. However, the job of security staff is to safely subdue the troublemaker and eject them from the club without causing undue injury to them. Stomping on someone's head is not safely subduing. Doormen here are similar to the UK 50 or so years back, when being thrown out of a club would be accompanied by a severe beating. It was one of the perks of being a bouncer.

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

They are all amateur Muay Thai boxers! All feet, knees and elbows!

4 hours ago, Crash999 said:

This isn’t America. If you take a swing at the DJ you can expect to get stomped. He is lucky he isn’t in jail himself for starting a fight. 

What are you talking about this isn't America?...if you take a swing at someone in the USA prepare to be shot.  You start sh!t in a club...the bouncers will f'k you up and leave you for dead in an alley

Edited by happydreamer

22 minutes ago, jesimps said:

I think most of us would agree that the American guy is at fault here and many would say that he was asking for it. However, the job of security staff is to safely subdue the troublemaker and eject them from the club without causing undue injury to them. Stomping on someone's head is not safely subduing. Doormen here are similar to the UK 50 or so years back, when being thrown out of a club would be accompanied by a severe beating. It was one of the perks of being a bouncer.

First lesson never leave your smart phone alone ! When you walk away from a table stick it in your pocket!