Finnish man accused by neighbours of insulting Thai people

snoop1130

On 4/19/2023 at 8:54 AM, NextG said:

It means that he likely said nothing of the sort and that they are simply lying in order to avoid responsibility for their actions. 
It’s shocking to me to see how many people are willing to believe such an obviously fabricated story. They don’t support each other and ultimately fall down, divided. 

I gave him the benefit of the doubt. He let himself down. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, EVENKEEL said:

I love the way the Thais don't pass up an opportunity to stomp on a foreigner, loved the way they swarmed in. And, yeah he was a dick. 

A clear explanation. Dicks very often get what they deserve...

22 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I love the way the Thais don't pass up an opportunity to stomp on a foreigner, loved the way they swarmed in. And, yeah he was a dick. 

If the woman in the shop was my wife I would have knocked him out cold.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, stoner said:

where have i defended him ? 

i am simply stating that the violence used here is disgusting and shows a great deal about the people involved. 

primitive people. 

Exactly.

I think the BiB should get off their backsides and charge all accordingly.

- The farang: drunk n disorderly.

- The Thais: would probably be attempted murder in developed countries.

But alas, it's the wild west out here.

I had to cringe watching the video with the media seemingly painting the Thais favorably in this vicious attack; the whole focus was on the farang behaving badly.

They ought to issue 10 capes to the local superheroes ????

Edited by 2009
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, BritScot said:

Really! You have basically one report from mostly one prespective. It is a very sorry state if you thing anything justifies a beat down in a shop with a weapon welding pack of rabid drunk animals. I'm ex army and it could be said my voice is quite loud and I've never been attacked like that anywhere else in the world. I would disagree on this occasion and put racial jealousy right at the top. I shocked you would even try to justify this attack. Good luck in Thailand and hope you are never featured on here after a rabid pack attack for accidentally daring to offend LD Syndrome male in passing..

You seem to have misunderstood what I said and meant and what I replied to 

4 hours ago, JCauto said:

Well, here's the video so you can all see for yourself. The guy goes in, he's drunk, buys a beer that costs 70 baht, pays with an app but only pays 60 baht for it, shopkeeper asks him for 10 baht more, he starts insulting her, then throws the bag at her and tells her to fornicate with herself. Her hubby presumable comes in with a knife to protect the small lady shopkeeper against the aggro large farang and unsheathes it, then puts it back after he backs off from the wife. Farang goes home finally after his wife comes and shoves him out the door to keep him away from more trouble. He mouths off as he is leaving. An hour later, he returns to sit outside the shop talking <deleted> and continue the conflict. Hope this link works.

https://v.redd.it/m3db2qhixvua1/HLSPlaylist.m3u8?f=sd%2ChlsSpecOrder&v=1&a=1684557713%2CYTZkNzVkYTQ0N2NiZDYyZDMzOTM5ZjE3M2EwZWRiMmE5MjJjNjhhNTg4M2QxMTM3YTdjOTAyNGQ1OWE1MGFkNw%3D%3D

Basically, can be summed up with "som nom na". Perhaps one day the anti-Thai brigade on here will learn what this means and understand the potential consequences of their actions. Doubt it though, we'll just wait for the TV thread and video when you finally enjoy the fruits of your labours.

came here to post this and say the same. Dude wouldnt let it go, pushed everyone to the limit.  I thought everyone was songkran drunk, but it doesnt appear that is the case 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, 2009 said:

I had to cringe watching the video with the media seemingly painting the Thais favorably in this vicious attack; the whole focus was on the farang behaving badly.

If you watched the video to the end the media correspondents are grilling the woman from the shop about the knife and how he got his face damaged. From the repeated questions it looks like they are a little skeptical about the part where he injured his face falling on it.

And he clearly was behaving very badly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KiChakayan said:
3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'd suggest the Thai response was quite restrained

Broken jaw? Yeah right you believe he tripped and fell on his face.. You are definitely not an apologist.

Also, you may argue, even though you negate the obvious, about Thai xenophobia, so feel free to substitute "xenophobic, savagery" by something like "uncivilised savagery". I'll leave you now  with the pleasure of pointing out the pleonasm.

The Thai guy had a 10” knife....    The Finnish guy was not stabbed and killed, so yes, I’d say the Thai response was ‘restrained’ given what he had in his hands. 

The Finn received a broken Jaw... a brutal attack? perhaps.. at least a firm punch to the face.... Its something a number of us may end up doing if our Wife were treated in the same manner... Barbaric, perhaps.

I’d agree that the attack was uncivilised, but the Finnish guy invited the attack after behaving in an uncivilised manner.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bignok said:

Lao Khao rice whisky you mean.

What is laocow?

เหล้าขาว - White whiskey or as some locals call it: whai-wii-sa-kee

Oh, and transliteration sucks.

He was drinking from 1pm until 7pm and had a fight with his wife at home. She did try to prevent him from returning to the store. Previous post I held her partly responsible for not keeping him home but after watching the video I see she did try supported by CCTV.

What a place, eh?

Imagine being on either side of that conflict over 10 baht.

For me though, the most interesting part is what alcohol was he buying for 70 baht.

I still wanna know if he just didn't want to pay full price or if he was getting the farang price.

Thai beer isn't that much in those shops. Was it Lao Kao?

2 hours ago, stoner said:

the number of people justifying the use of violence in this thread makes me sick to my stomach. 

Then I’d suggest you don’t walk around hurling abuse at women in shops, calling them ‘Kwai’ (buffalos) and telling them ‘Thailand, F$%K you !!’... and you won’t have to worry about being exposed to such violence. 

The Finnish guy clearly had no such concern and invited a response many may agree is uncivilised, nevertheless, it's hard to feel sorry for him [the Finn].

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ningnong said:

เหล้าขาว - White whiskey or as some locals call it: whai-wii-sa-kee

Oh, and transliteration sucks.

He was drinking from 1pm until 7pm and had a fight with his wife at home. She did try to prevent him from returning to the store. Previous post I held her partly responsible for not keeping him home but after watching the video I see she did try supported by CCTV.

sounds like she should be chaining him to the bed post after 3.00pm each day ...

9 minutes ago, 2009 said:

What a place, eh?

For me though, the most interesting part is what alcohol was he buying for 70 baht.

I still wanna know if he just didn't want to pay full price or if he was getting the farang price.

LOL. Moved on to deflection and avoidance now, have we? Predictable for your sort.

Tell us again about how the Finn was minding his own business and got attacked. Let's keep to the topic shall we?

5 minutes ago, 2009 said:

What a place, eh?

The conflict wasn’t over 10 baht....  the conflict was over someone abusing the Woman in the shop, shouting F£$K You Thailand, and calling her a ‘Kwai’ (buffalo).

Looks like a large bottle of Leo Beer...   How much is a Large Leo in a 7-11 ???

Thats possible.. and what got the Finn annoyed in the first place, perhaps he was annoyed at being charged extra... (that could explain the 60 baht vs 70 baht argument)...  he still had the option to walk away and go to 7-11 etc... 

I could have been - which would explain is poor pi$$head behaviour...   It looks like a large bottle of Leo in the Vid though, but its not that clear.

3 minutes ago, JCauto said:

LOL. Moved on to deflection and avoidance now, have we? Predictable for your sort.

Tell us again about how the Finn was minding his own business and got attacked. Let's keep to the topic shall we?

How was any of that deflection and avoidance ??...    Perhaps the Finn was triggered by being over-charged which may explain his initial anger and trigger for his abusive response....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JCauto said:

Who ever said he was minding his own business??

I said from the beginning there was no need for the attack, just cos he insulted them.

They could have just had him arrested for drunk n disorderly conduct, even theft technically, over the 10 baht -- but they chose savagery.

Insult to buffaloes, if you ask me.

Edited by 2009

50 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Exactly.

They ought to issue 10 capes to the local superheroes ????

The farang behaved well?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, 2009 said:

Who ever said he was minding his own business??

I said from the beginning there was no need for the attack, just cos he insulted them.

They could have just had him arrested for drunk n disorderly conduct, even theft technically over the 10 baht but they chose savagery.

Insult to buffaloes, if you ask me.

Why annoy the police? 

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, 2009 said:

In the UK the Knife would see serious charges levied at the Thai guy. That said, it appears as through the knife was used as a ‘threat’ rather than actually used in anger (i.e. used in the fight). 

The Thai’s would likely be charged with ‘aggravated assault’....