PM warns giveaway policies of some parties may be ‘bad karma’ for the country in the longer run

webfact

2 hours ago, proton said:

Karma is a myth, it it was real he would not have gotten where is is today

Even more precise, the Occidental interpretation of what kharma might or might not be is rather amusing.

17 hours ago, h90 said:

I guess they senators will have it difficult to explain if they vote for a small party. In the last elections he got the most votes so they could justify it. And I could not imagine a coalition when he really only get 13%

PT got 136 seats at the last election whilst Palang Pracharat came second with 116. PP got a slightly higher percentage of the popular vote because PT did not contest as many seats. The 250 army appointed Senators voted unanamously that Prayut be selected as Prime Minister......it happened once and could easily happen again.

Edited by edwinchester
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, proton said:

Karma is a myth, it it was real he would not have gotten where is is today

It is. Just like other religions. Promise those living a miserable life that they just have to behave well and next life or paradise will be so good. That's what religion is for.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

It is. Just like other religions. Promise those living a miserable life that they just have to behave well and next life or paradise will be so good. That's what religion is for.

It is. Just like other religions. Promise those living a miserable life that they just have to behave well, give lots of money to some con merchant calling himself a monk or priest and next life or paradise will be so good. That's what religion is for.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Spot on, if there was karma how come mass murderers, Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot, collectively responsible for over 100 millions deaths all died in their bedrooms?

On 4/19/2023 at 1:58 PM, edwinchester said:

The way he has rigged the electoral process 13% of the vote plus the support of his hand picked, unelected 250 senators could see Prayut become the next PM.

If that happened, it would not be long before the protests start again, and this time the protesters would win. Just an opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, edwinchester said:

PT got 136 seats at the last election whilst Palang Pracharat came second with 116. PP got a slightly higher percentage of the popular vote because PT did not contest as many seats. The 250 army appointed Senators voted unanamously that Prayut be selected as Prime Minister......it happened once and could easily happen again.

Last time, after breaking more rules of the already rigged process, PP was able to cobble together a coalition that gave them a majority in the lower house.

They won’t get anywhere near a 250 seat lower house  coalition this time around.

PT will govern in their own right.

Edited by MrMojoRisin
  • Like 1

On 4/19/2023 at 7:50 AM, h90 said:

I don't like Prayuth but I have seen much worse...Thaksin, Samak, Abhisit, Yingluck. I complete agree with the household debts. Tourism....yes that could also be done better. I don't see the problem with THB. droughts and floodings.....The worst floods I have seen...and two were with Yingluck. There are great solutions...plans in the shelf since the 1960s and no government did something. For the corruption I disagree I am not seeing that. For the freedom of speech I do agree. Unfortunately that is a worldwide problem and Thailand is rather on the bad side. And I admit a lot silly things, like a ban on online ordering of beer....what silly law is that....
But look at the others......I rather take the bad choice that I know already instead of some others which are most probably much worse.
In my opinion Prayut most of the time did just nothing and that is already the best I expect from a government.....

No corruption? You serious?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Last time, after breaking more rules of the already rigged process, PP was able to cobble together a coalition that gave them a majority in the lower house.

They won’t get anywhere near a 250 seat lower house  coalition this time around.

PT will govern in their own right.

I hope so.

4 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

If that happened, it would not be long before the protests start again, and this time the protesters would win. Just an opinion.

Marching in the streets accomplishes little.

A solid and collective [on a grand scale] general strike has proven, historically, to be quite effective in most instances. 

1 minute ago, zzaa09 said:

Marching in the streets accomplishes little.

A solid and collective [on a grand scale] general strike has proven, historically, to be quite effective in most instances. 

Good point.

• Thanks 1