Woman sparks outrage by posing on the train tracks at Auschwitz

Social Media

On 4/19/2023 at 7:38 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

Give her her 5 minutes of fame.

Name and shame.

Whilst we're naming and shaming, why not mention the Western countries who refused to give asylum to the Jews who wanted to flee Nazi Germany? They're just as much responsible for the Holocaust as the Nazis.

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

I read a few paragraphs of that propaganda. it only mentions Jews and none of the other persecuted groups.

I referred you to the heading in that article which talks about all the other persecuted groups that weren't Jrws.

Calling that article propaganda is the kind of thing holocaust deniers would say.

I would paste in that entire long section about non Jewish targets but I can't because of fair usage rules here.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes that was very bad and it includes the USA but saying they are just as responsible is massively stupid.

it's not stupid at all. if the West had said yeah, send as many as you can and we'll find a home for them then the death toll would have been a lot smaller.

4 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

it's not stupid at all. if the West had said yeah, send as many as you can and we'll find a home for them then the death toll would have been a lot smaller.

But the Nazis did the killing.

Even with completely open refugee options clearly the holocaust would have still happened.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

But YOU asked.

Yes, because I wanted to point out to the OP that they weren't giving us the whole story. Do those other 100,000 victims not matter? Are they less worthy of being mentioned because they were "only" c. 9% of the qouted death toll?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Your agenda is obvious.

Shift the blame from the Nazis. 

Funny but I got that idea from a Jewish writer. Can't remember the name of the book but it was a lengthy tome about the creation of the State of Israel.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Lemsta69 said:

Yes, because I wanted to point out to the OP that they weren't giving us the whole story. Do those other 100,000 victims not matter? Are they less worthy of being mentioned because they were "only" c. 9% of the qouted death toll?

They matter.

Nobody said they didn't matter.

Not every news item can be expected to be universally inclusive of everything related to the subject.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

There he goes.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Are you saying that the book is a figment of my imagination?

I found it quite interesting. The writer's premise was that the displacement of the Palestinians was simply a population exchange. So all the Jewish people could come home and have a safe place to live and the existing populace could be absorbed by their "brothers" in the surrounding countries. 

A premise that I tend to agree with, despite your protestations to the contrary.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Are you saying that the book is a figment of my imagination?

I found it quite interesting. The writer's premise was that the displacement of the Palestinians was simply a population exchange. So all the Jewish people could come home and have a safe place to live and the existing populace could be absorbed by their "brothers" in the surrounding countries. 

A premise that I tend to agree with, despite your protestations to the contrary.

This topic is definitely not about the Israel Palestinian conflict.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, vandeventer said:

This would be one of the worst places in the world to see, but everyone needs to see it. Let's hope the sane people in this world will never let this happen again.

Old Putin is now as we speak busy trying to exterminate a nation it is happening rite now today as I type it’s not religiously motivated but it’s still murder of a people and their nation the end result is the same death 

2 hours ago, Tug said:

Old Putin is now as we speak busy trying to exterminate a nation it is happening rite now today as I type it’s not religiously motivated but it’s still murder of a people and their nation the end result is the same death 

Yes there have been multiple genocides since the holocaust.

Cambodia right next door for example.

That's one of the key missions of the USHMM to call attention to more current  horrors.

https://www.ushmm.org/genocide-prevention

• Thumbs Up 1

I would prefer if this incident and its likes are not reported on, as it might give ideas to the US's new Nazis to go over there and do similar things.  On the other hand those shmucks will probably get arrested en route for being armed, and they'll be locked up for at least a little while.

There has been many neo nazi groups from Europe over the years posing for photos while saluting "heil hitler"  the scum bags.

My grandad,bless him was part of the joint British and Canadian forces who liberated Belsen.   He died when I was young but my old dad always Said what he saw affected him for the rest of his life.  Especially as he was driving a digger burying bodys

• Sad 1