Amid joints and cookies, marijuana business booms in Thailand

webfact

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

So it seems as though it's good for the economy. Societal problems? Not really especially when compared to yaba that's for sure. Narcotic? No. Addictive? No. Should it be avaible for adults to purchase? Yes. Can the jeannie be put back into the bottle. Doubt it the only thing that will happen is it will be criminalized and go back underground. Prohibition does not and has never worked.

:stoner:

It can be addictive actually but in a different way than drugs we associate with addiction. 

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/marijuana-addiction-rare-but-real-072014#Legalization-and-addiction-

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, StayinThailand2much said:

There seem to be more marijuana shops now in Bangkok and Pattaya than 7-Eleven outlets. Different to 7-Eleven, though, I've never even seen one customer entering these shops...

I have entered but the better deals are online.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It can be addictive actually but in a different way than drugs we associate with addiction. 

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/marijuana-addiction-rare-but-real-072014#Legalization-and-addiction-

https://nida.nih.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/marijuana-addictive

Give this a read. It's interesting. As you say it's not addiction in the true definition. Nicotine addiction is. Opioid addiction is.

:stoner:

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Home delivery services, interactive maps with online products, relaxation spas and stores with brownies, cookies and joints.

Medicinal use only... worked out well didn't it for Anutin.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

How many of these businesses will survive in the long run? Thais jump into any business opportunity and throw money at it. Now 8,000 shops and counting. How many weed businesses are laundering money? In Canada legal producers are struggling as lots of Canadians buy from friends or grow their own. In Canada you can not see the product before buying it and you can not open the package while in the shop. The shop has a list of products without photos. In Canada prices dropped a lot and prices here are dropping.

Edited by d4dang
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Seems like every block of shops here in Phuket a new joint is opened 

I was back for three weeks and it was ridiculous. Yet I don't think I saw more than one person in all these shops together. One shop in a street would be plenty but it's like the watermelon sellers at the side of the road; one opens, that son becomes two until there are fifty people selling exactly the same thing, simply splitting the limited amount of business between them. Unless they are money laundering operations, I don't expect too many of them will last.

I will add that the shops are possibly off-putting for family holidaymakers with kids.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/21/2023 at 7:11 AM, stoner said:

my cookies are so good....some even say that best. 

Making yourself?

I got a free cookie when buying some other stuff.  The cookie was delicious but the claimed 40mg of THC was probably not accurate as I felt very little from it.

4 hours ago, NextG said:

So what useful knowledge did you pass on

How to obtain hassle free Cambodian visas to folk who enquired of me.

Places to visit and sights to see in Northern Thailand (with photos)

Thai Road, rail and bus travel information etc.

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Sad 2