The meaning of the stamp in my passport

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The OP says he got this stamp "when leaving" Thailand. Was this a voluntary departure or was the 'departure' part of a denied entry process, ie. being turned away and not being allowed to enter? It does appear to be a denial of entry predicated on their much abused and overused 'insufficient funds' clause.

Re-entry should possible by air but will probably require all the bells and whistles that accompanies having this red flag in the passport. This includes a TR visa (not easily obtainable regionally), an onward ticket, a hotel booking (not the girlfriends apartment or rental since tourists are expected to stay in hotels) and the hard cash equivalent of 20,000 baht (not a bank book, or ATM print out, etc..). Cash only.

Nobody ever asked me about available funds at the border. Anyway, my current plan is to fly to Vientiane, obtain a visa at the embassy there and then go to Thailand through Nong-khai (or take a flight to Suvarnabumi). 

Edited by Father of Godfahter
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Father of Godfahter said:

Nobody ever asked me about available funds at the border.

Did you attempt to re-enter Thailand at that land border, but were denied entry and had to go back to Cambodia?

That's what this stamp indicates anyway.

It doesn't mean you're banned from entering Thailand, but having that stamp in your passport certainly doesn't help.

4 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

well it would be better if you told the whole story in your very first post.

i think you were using visas which can help you to stay in thailand. I dont know your visas. and the IO noticed that you are abusing the visa system and refused you to enter thailand via land border.

the stamp says you cannot enter via land border anymore. 

my opinion: the stamp will not help you how ever you enter thailand. there is date on it and so on. I would wait 6 moths and try again

Why 6 months? Why not less (or more)?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, KhaoNiaw said:

It doesn't say he can't enter via land border. It just says that he was denied entry at the checkpoint on this occasion. I don't know whether that means that in practice he would be denied future entry at any land border.  

I remember some past forum posts about the 'lack of funds' stamp being used whether the IOs actually asked for proof or not. 

im also surprised how come thai side let him go knowing he cannot come back. normally they dont let you leave the country. so this also makes me think he arrived cambodia from antoher place? and yes the stamp says he is denied via land border.  so it means he cannot enter via land border. 

• Confused 3

26 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

im also surprised how come thai side let him go knowing he cannot come back. normally they dont let you leave the country. so this also makes me think he arrived cambodia from antoher place? and yes the stamp says he is denied via land border.  so it means he cannot enter via land border. 

Surprised at what? When one gets stamped out of Thailand, they're not into offering advice on options for returning and they certainly won't detain anyone.  If the OP did visit another country beyond Cambodia and is returning via Cambodia is of no concern to Thai immigration. They probably saw another 'perpetual tourist' jumping in and out on visa exempt entries so nipped that in the bud by stamping the passprt that he was broke. Problem sorted.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Surprised at what? When one gets stamped out of Thailand, they're not into offering advice on options for returning and they certainly won't detain anyone.  ...

I stand corrected. I am a very infrequent land border crosser, like four times in over eighteen years.

I am currently concerned about what would happen if I am denied entry again upon arriving at Suvarnabhumi airport. I would like to know if there is a chance that the Thai authorities will require me to purchase a ticket back to my country of origin, Israel, instead of allowing me to travel to Laos or Cambodia. I would like to avoid any potential unpleasant and expensive experiences, so any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

I stand corrected. I am a very infrequent land border crosser, like four times in over eighteen years.

There were a couple of recent-ish reports on here that claimed Poi Pet were refusing exit on the basis that the person would be denied re-entry. 

Same situation as the OP, lots of Covid stamps. In one case the poster still had 1 of their 2 per calendar year land entries left but was still refused exit. 

I don't know if the IOs who do this are being harmful or helpful. Perhaps they can sense that the 'perpetual tourist' only came prepared, funds-wise, for a quick out/in so if they let them exit, then what happens? How are they going to get to Phnom Penh and onwards with 50 baht and a packet of ciggies in their pocket? ????

13 minutes ago, Father of Godfahter said:

I was warned that I would not be allowed to re-enter Thailand, and that my only option was to leave through the Bangkok airport. Despite this warning, I insisted on leaving right there. However, when I attempted to re-enter Thailand through another Cambodian land border three days later, I was denied entry.

It's worth noting that my previous history includes a couple of years staying in Thailand on Covid visas.

Probably time for the big reset then and that doesn't mean getting a new passport.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Father of Godfahter said:

I am currently concerned about what would happen if I am denied entry again upon arriving at Suvarnabhumi airport. I would like to know if there is a chance that the Thai authorities will require me to purchase a ticket back to my country of origin, Israel, instead of allowing me to travel to Laos or Cambodia. I would like to avoid any potential unpleasant and expensive experiences, so any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I would wait until @DrJack54 and/or @ubonjoe respond to this thread as their advice will be as close to bullet proof as you will get. I think you have run out of regional options for now but stand to be corrected as I think I read recently that Singapore were emenable to issuing aa TR visa if you qualify but that option may already be negated by that "no money" denial of entry stamp.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Father of Godfahter said:

I am currently concerned about what would happen if I am denied entry again upon arriving at Suvarnabhumi airport

Are you able to apply for a visa at a neighbouring consulate (NOT Cambodia!)? If you have a valid visa in your passport it's very unusual to be denied entry regardless of your history.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Father of Godfahter said:

I am currently concerned about what would happen if I am denied entry again upon arriving at Suvarnabhumi airport...

It is impossible to predict what would happen. It all depends on the immigration official who will process you on your arrival.

One official might just stamp you in without much ado, another might take a closer look at your past history, suspect that you plan to enter for a purpose other than tourism, and refuse entry again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Surprised at what? When one gets stamped out of Thailand, they're not into offering advice on options for returning and they certainly won't detain anyone.  If the OP did visit another country beyond Cambodia and is returning via Cambodia is of no concern to Thai immigration. They probably saw another 'perpetual tourist' jumping in and out on visa exempt entries so nipped that in the bud by stamping the passprt that he was broke. Problem sorted.

Wrong

If thai IO knows you will come back and yes they can understand that just take a look at your passport, they dont let you leave the country.

Happened to me with my non-o multi visa. He told me he wont let me go because i will not able to come back. And yes cambodia border

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, Father of Godfahter said:

I was warned that I would not be allowed to re-enter Thailand, and that my only option was to leave through the Bangkok airport. Despite this warning, I insisted on leaving right there. However, when I attempted to re-enter Thailand through another Cambodian land border three days later, I was denied entry.

It's worth noting that my previous history includes a couple of years staying in Thailand on Covid visas.

Well.. its obvious you are denied because of visa abuse.

I think your best option is wait for 6 month and try again

Edited by problemfarang
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1