TM 6 scrapped for good?

58 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The TM6 is currently not a requirement for arrivals by air... I’m not sure if that is ‘for good’, but it certainly appears so. 

If I’m not mistaken the TM6 is still required when arriving by land/sea.

When I came back last August I asked the IO about the TM6 and the way she replied gave the impression it was history at airports.

Were still in use at Nong Khai a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 1

For information what the regulations currently say on the TM6 Arrival/Departure form for foreigners entering and leaving the kingdom
To make it clearer the TM6 form is still operational today

Announcement by the Ministry of the Interior on the granting of authorization to ''certain categories of foreigners to stay in the Kingdom as a special case by being exempted from completing according to the form of foreigners entering or leaving the Kingdom (TM 6)''

Page 6 Volume 139, special chapter 155 Ngor
Royal Gazette
July 22, 2022

Announcement from the Ministry of the Interior

On granting permission to ''certain categories of foreigners to stay in the Kingdom as a special case by being exempted from the registration form for foreigners entering or leaving the Kingdom (TM. 6)
It is necessary to comply with certain immigration laws to assist the convenience of foreigners traveling into or out of the Kingdom by air under Section 17 of Immigration Act B.E. 2522 and Section 5(1) Immigration Act B.E.
National Council for Peace and Ordinance No. 87/2014 amending the persons in charge of the law relating to the powers and duties of police officers, dated July 10, 2022, Prime Minister and Minister of the Interior with the approval of the Cabinet on June 14, 2022, the announcement was published as follows:

Clause 1. Foreigners entering or leaving the Kingdom by air transport shall be exempted from depositing consignments according to the form of Foreigners Entering or Leaving Outside the Kingdom (TM 6) annexed to the Ministerial Order prescribing the forms of documents under Immigration Act and Methods of Applying for Proof of Exit from the Kingdom for Re-Entry and Residency in the Kingdom as Before (No. 4), B.E. 2562

Article 2 This announcement comes into force on the day following the date of its publication in the Official Journal.Aucune description de photo disponible.

Announced 27 June 2022 General Prayut Chan-o-cha Prime Minister
General Anupong Paochinda, Minister of InteriorAucune description de photo disponible.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LennyW said:

From the OP, what does this say....... "Has the TM 6 arrival card been scrapped for good at airports,"

He's asking if the temporary suspension of the TM6 card at airports has been lifted, or made permanent.

3 hours ago, NORDO said:

Often wonder, while standing in IMM line at BKK, where do the TM6'es go?  Does some one file them and then stack them in a dark, dank, humid room for the rats to feed on.  Or, are they entered into a computer file then burned.

Maybe being recycled like the passport copies at Chaengwattana for 'Do not overstay' forms...

23 hours ago, bamboozled said:

I just filled one out yesterday walking back in from Tachilek.

Thanks that's great news, wanted to open a thread if the Mae sai border was open for border runs. 500 baht and leave your passport still?

26 minutes ago, Kammie said:

Thanks that's great news, wanted to open a thread if the Mae sai border was open for border runs. 500 baht and leave your passport still?

Yes....or $10 USD. If you have proof of Covid vax, bring it. I didn't have my proof and they let me in anyway but they do fill out a form about it. Sigh...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NORDO said:

Often wonder, while standing in IMM line at BKK, where do the TM6'es go?  Does some one file them and then stack them in a dark, dank, humid room for the rats to feed on.  Or, are they entered into a computer file then burned.

I have often asked myself this question. With the exception of your visa number and proposed address ,they get all the information by swiping your passport, plus your mugshot and fingerprints. Was different in the pre-digital era. In the BBC series "The Serpent", the immigration officer goes into a backroom to get the cards of the two murdered Dutch tourists for the Dutch consular official. The good old times when forging documents and murdering people was still easy.????????