Bangkok court fines man 1,000 baht for punching ‘master complainer’ Srisuwan

snoop1130

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Srisuwan Janya last year must pay a fine of 1,000 baht. Srisuwan, however, demands 1 million baht in compensation.

A good punch may deliver enough satisfaction to the one who punches to be worth 1000 Baht .

Srisuwan could make a business out of this ... ( a painful one ) ...

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Excellent news - you can now punch anyone in the face for 1,000 baht. 

I don't think so, the ones most punchable who deserve it the most will be the most protected and you would get jail time as well as being bankrupted.

3 hours ago, khaowong1 said:

I've got a couple people I would like to punch.  1000B seems fair to me.  ????

Good news for the types who want to smash somebody in bar sometimes?

Remember one punch can kill. Are there consequences?

A situation I am familiar with because friends were scuffling after drinks one hit his head on a curb. They put him in the car.  Never woke up.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38992393#

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, brianthainess said:

What fragile little egos they have, meanwhile spitting image in the UK well nuff said. No freedom of speech in LOS. 

Or anywhere else for that matter. As freedom is a concept, an unreachable goal, it’s all kind of pointless. Sorry, I was just stumbling about in a futile attempt to locate my vodka and saw this on my Line. Hope l won’t need to file another missing libations report with the moo ban. I suspect they’re growing tired of me - unlike all my pals here. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Good news for the types who want to smash somebody in bar sometimes?

Remember one punch can kill. Are there consequences?

A situation I am familiar with because friends were scuffling after drinks one hit his head on a curb. They put him in the car.  Never woke up.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38992393#

A friend of mine in the UK intervened when a bloke was beating his girlfriend up outside a pub. In the "scuffle" that followed the guy hit his head on the kerb, and my friend went to jail for manslaughter, despite the mitigating circumstances. Makes sense of the old saying that you shouldn't get involved in an argument between a man and his woman! 

4 hours ago, ujayujay said:

The violent society in Thailand does not allow disagreements to be settled as in a civilized country. Violent offenders are "rewarded" with a fine of 1000thb????????????

I saw a post on here a few years ago (ThaiVisa!) which included a video of a BIB conducting an interview of  an elderly farang motorist and a young(ish) Thai driver who had had a bit of a "coming together". Suddenly, the Thai guy lashed out and hit the old farang who ended up semi conscious on the pavement. The reaction of the cop was to ignore it completely and carry on writing in his notebook!

8 hours ago, Zack61 said:

Anti-government stand up sketches. 
The hide of some people. Lock him up I say. 
Thailand is so much like Putin’s regime in the way it responds to dissent or criticism. Before you know it they’ll be falling from tall buildings. Accidentally of course

Already happens.

57 minutes ago, sambum said:

A friend of mine in the UK intervened when a bloke was beating his girlfriend up outside a pub. In the "scuffle" that followed the guy hit his head on the kerb, and my friend went to jail for manslaughter, despite the mitigating circumstances. Makes sense of the old saying that you shouldn't get involved in an argument between a man and his woman! 

Did the girlfriend wait for him until he came out of jail? I’m desperate for a happy ending…

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, ujayujay said:

The violent society in Thailand does not allow disagreements to be settled as in a civilized country. Violent offenders are "rewarded" with a fine of 1000thb????????????

You think Thailand is "violent"? Is this a joke? But I won't mention certain other countries in comparison. 

7 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Whoosh! A little to subtle for you..?

Not at all! But he was also a bit of a "ladykiller", and I wouldn't have been surprised at all if she had "changed camp", so to speak!

On 4/28/2023 at 5:47 AM, khaowong1 said:

I've got a couple people I would like to punch.  1000B seems fair to me.  ????

If there were a "Go Fund Me" page set up for the man who did the punching to the 'serial complainer', I'm convinced that there would be millions of baht shown in support of this may who said, enough, and punched back in an explicit FO. Bravo. I don't advocate violence, but sometimes subtlety doesn't work in pushing back an aggressive fascist