Rejected Chon Buri man fatally shoots woman before taking his own life

webfact

image.jpeg

Photo by Sanook.

by Samantha Rose

A rejected Chon Buri man fatally shot a woman before taking his own life.

The tragic incident unfolded yesterday at a souvenir shop selling mortar and pestle sets in Chon Buri’s main city district. Following the incident, an investigator from the Samet Police Station, along with a police officer and rescue workers from the Tri Khun Tham Foundation visited the scene to investigate.

Upon arrival, authorities found the body of a 33 year old man, identified as Jirawat, lying face down nearby the lifeless body of 32 year old Suchira. An 11-millimetre gun was discovered next to the man’s body.

The owner of the store said that Suchira, who was tragically killed in the incident, was his daughter. He explained that Jirawat, the perpetrator, was her friend and had been pursuing her romantically, but without success. In his frustration, Jirawat stormed into the shop armed with a gun, where he went on to fatally shoot Suchira before taking his own life.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/tragic-failed-romantic-pursuit-leads-to-fatal-shooting-in-chonburi-souvenir-shop-before-taking-own-life

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-05-01

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The owner of the store said that Suchira, who was tragically killed in the incident, was his daughter. He explained that Jirawat, the perpetrator, was her friend and had been pursuing her romantically, but without success. In his frustration, Jirawat stormed into the shop armed with a gun, where he went on to fatally shoot Suchira before taking his own life

In the Land of Smiles and a million single women what drives a man/child to do this?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Fear that same woman may say how large his manhood is probably 

The normal possessive trait that many Thai men show is one thing,

"if I can't have her then no-one else will" is common.

But to top himself after is proof of an underlying mental issue?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Enoon said:

In a land where so many children are routinely abandoned by one, or both, parents, it may be BPD.

Oversimplification:

It starts with early childhood abandonment/trauma, manifests in late teens/early adulthood with desperation for attachment/terror of abandonment, very poor emotional regulation (rapid onset extreme anger), and has a high rate of suicide (10%) among those diagnosed with it.

It does not go away with age.  Without attention it gets worse as time passes. It requires very careful management throughout the life of the sufferer.

I recently had cause to investigate it and it seems, to me, to have a remarkable "fit"for many of the "explosive" incidents that take place in Thailand.

I would be surprised to find that any attention has been given to its possible prevalence in Thailand.

Yeah, there seems to be a definite disturbing trend of disproportionatly high male jealousy/rage killings, that perhaps leans toward a causal link with inappropriate, dysfunctional upbringing, rampant drug & alcohol abuse, the lack of mental health access, diagnosis and treatment for such conditions like BPD, etc.  Add a culture of 'losing face' retaliations and it's no surprise that Thailand has some really serious issues it should be grappling with.  

How do you fix it? 

Edited by aussienam

5 hours ago, Enoon said:

I recently had cause to investigate it and it seems, to me, to have a remarkable "fit"for many of the "explosive" incidents that take place in Thailand.

An interesting post and, regarding the quote, I think much of the explosive behaviour is because every Thai has to know their place in society and not stray from it. Eventually the frustration and anger builds and then they erupt like a volcano. It's a very unstable society, just like a volcano that could erupt at any moment and without warning.

• Like 1