Donald Trump says it's 'great to be home' as he arrives in Aberdeen for first UK visit since 2019

onthedarkside

1 hour ago, kidneyw said:

Trump is more Scottish than Yousaf.

His Mum was Scottish.

Really?

But Trump was born in New York, whereas Humza Haroon Yousaf was born in the city of Glasgow on 7 April 1985.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Humza+Yousaf&rlz=1C1CHBF_enTH1026TH1026&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Early life
Birth and family background
Humza Haroon Yousaf was born in the city of Glasgow on 7 April 1985.[4] He is the son of first-generation immigrants: his father Mian Muzaffar Yousaf was born in Mian Channu, Punjab, Pakistan, and emigrated from the city with his family in the 1960s, eventually working as an accountant.[5]

His paternal grandfather worked in the Singer sewing machine factory in Clydebank in the 1960s.[6] Yousaf's mother, Shaaista Bhutta, was born in Nairobi, Kenya, to a family of Punjabi descent.[7][6] He belongs to the Rajput community.[8] Her family experienced violent racially motivated attacks on several occasions for being seen as taking jobs that "belonged" to Africans, and they later immigrated to Scotland.[9]

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Not exactly. 

Trump's father was born in the U.S.  His mother wasn't. 

His German grandfather also left less than honorably (to avoid taxes and the army which brings some context to chronic tax grifter and "Bone Spurs" Donald).

It's not surprising people think as you do. Trump himself has lied about where his father was born (on brand). 

Donald has a reverse speech impediment , instead of stuttering and saying Gr gr gr gr Grandfather , he did the opposite and just said "Father" , instead of Grandfather and what he meant to say was that his Grandfather was born in Germany

• Haha 2

Off topic and bickering posts have been removed. The topic is not about Syria, withdrawal of troops or anything other than:

Donald Trump says it's 'great to be home' as he arrives in Aberdeen for first UK visit since 2019

5 hours ago, jchfriis said:

Scotland's new first minister, Humza Yousaf, was asked last week if he will meet the former US leader, who has previously made controversial statements about Muslims.

Mr Yousaf said: "I would find it difficult, I have to say, to meet with him without raising the significance of concerns I have of the remarks that he's made in the past."

Very diplomatic.

Why would Trump want to meet Humza ?

Trump is there on business and a holiday , he would have no reason to meet Humza

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Donald has a reverse speech impediment , instead of stuttering and saying Gr gr gr gr Grandfather , he did the opposite and just said "Father" , instead of Grandfather and what he meant to say was that his Grandfather was born in Germany

That is one of the most hilarious things I have ever read on here - the laughing emoji was me but I know you get upset by them so I apologise but I couldn't resist as I am in stitches.

A "reverse speech impediment", right, and you actually knew what his thoughts were and what he intended to say but couldn't because of this "reverse speech impediment". Wow, just wow. 

• Haha 1

He's on trial for rape so how the h..k did they let him go outsite the states? If for speeding or stealing something i can understand.

Is the ground in the US getting hot for him and he is fleeing the scene? 

7 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Trump got better and it was so long ago that he can't remember. Apparently big macs do cure bone spurs. Who knew?

Trump said  he has "one of the great memories of all time.".....,,,

But can't remember which foot hurt so much that he couldn't serve in military....he learned to lie early and has been doing it all his life...yet there are millions who still enjoy being made fools of by believing lie after lie as the lies got bigger and bigger to include the same ole BIG LIE he still tells about rigged election.  

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Foexie said:

He's on trial for rape so how the h..k did they let him go outsite the states? If for speeding or stealing something i can understand.

He does this a lot -- when something is happening that makes him look bad he tries to upstage it to cause a distraction.  That's show biz.  There is no reason for this trip to be celebrated the way it is being done.  Also, it's a way to publicize his wonderful, lovely businesses.

fleeing the scene? 

I would speculate they are assessing various means for a quick escape from the US with a mind to minimize travel in international air space (where they can be intercepted) and get to a country friendly to him, like Putinland, as fast as possible.  Polar routes look like his best plan, and if he's in Scotland when :hit-the-fan: he's got a head start by already being across the Atlantic.  If he begins to spend a lot of time in Scotland . . ..

Edited by bendejo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Foexie said:

Donald is trying to avoid USA justice so hes hiding someone where the Police cannot find him , I've heard that he's hiding out in Northern England somewhere 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Yep, Russian condo buyers and Saudi Arabian ghosts staying at trump Tower.

Aww ya forgot the most important one DADA trump is nothing more than a New York City trust-fund bilko artist man baby not to mention an accused rapist and quite possibly a traitor more on that one once the hammer drops on the secret documents obstructing theft case

13 hours ago, billd766 said:

Really?

But Trump was born in New York, whereas Humza Haroon Yousaf was born in the city of Glasgow on 7 April 1985.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Humza+Yousaf&rlz=1C1CHBF_enTH1026TH1026&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Early life
Birth and family background
Humza Haroon Yousaf was born in the city of Glasgow on 7 April 1985.[4] He is the son of first-generation immigrants: his father Mian Muzaffar Yousaf was born in Mian Channu, Punjab, Pakistan, and emigrated from the city with his family in the 1960s, eventually working as an accountant.[5]

His paternal grandfather worked in the Singer sewing machine factory in Clydebank in the 1960s.[6] Yousaf's mother, Shaaista Bhutta, was born in Nairobi, Kenya, to a family of Punjabi descent.[7][6] He belongs to the Rajput community.[8] Her family experienced violent racially motivated attacks on several occasions for being seen as taking jobs that "belonged" to Africans, and they later immigrated to Scotland.[9]

Did you not see his rant in Holyrood about there being no persons of colour in high ranking positions in Scotland.

He is not Scottish, even though he was born in Glasgow. His affiliations belong elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Why would Trump want to meet Humza ?

Trump is there on business and a holiday , he would have no reason to meet Humza

More to the point, our country's leader is not obliged to meet every overseas visitor, even a one-term president. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Donald is trying to avoid USA justice so hes hiding someone where the Police cannot find him , I've heard that he's hiding out in Northern England somewhere 

It is a civil trial, not a criminal procedure.  No chance for jail time, just a monetary settlement. Interesting that the statute of limitations for both criminal AND civil trials has long since expired. Yet in 2022 New York passed a law that allowed people to file claims for otherwise too old claims. So here we are now.

• Thumbs Up 1

I watched the video of Trump arriving and waving from the top of the steps.

Given repeated reports of low turn out, and Trump’s own claims regarding drawing a crowd, it’s surely past time for news reports to swing the camera around to show us who, if anyone, Trump is waving to.

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

More to the point, our country's leader is not obliged to meet every overseas visitor, even a one-term president. 

Yes, but your leader commented on meeting Trump .As far as I am aware , our leader hasn't mentioned your leader or meeting him or anything 

4 hours ago, kidneyw said:

Did you not see his rant in Holyrood about there being no persons of colour in high ranking positions in Scotland.

He is not Scottish, even though he was born in Glasgow. His affiliations belong elsewhere.

He is correct about there being no, or very few persons of colour in high ranking positions in Scotland. It was not a rant but simply a correct statement.

However as he was born in Glasgow, he IS Scottish, in exactly the same way that Trump was born in the USA and NOT in Scotland, and therefore is a citizen of the USA.

Edited by billd766
added extra text
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, but your leader commented on meeting Trump .As far as I am aware , our leader hasn't mentioned your leader or meeting him or anything 

Commented as in responded to a question posed of him. 

• Like 1

On 5/2/2023 at 1:45 AM, bendejo said:

it's 'great to be home'

I imagine a Scotsman responding with "does this look like New York to you, Donnie?"

Arriving in a country and giving the fascist fist salute, a good way to endear yourself with the locals.

That is actually the clenched fist salute used by communists. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Off topic posts and replies removed.  Please stay on the OP Topic and do not try and steer the conversation away from it.