Italian Man Has a Meltdown on His Balcony in Pattaya, Blames Marijuana

webfact

1 minute ago, JBChiangRai said:

Lots of studies done, yes it is most definitely "a thing", try googling it, there are 7 pages of results

Sure, if you say so. :rolleyes

Are you saying that this Italian man was suffering from THC induced paranoia? I mean in your "expert" opinion?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:
39 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

THC induced paranoia seems like a stretch, if it is even a "thing"?

Lots of studies done, yes it is most definitely "a thing", try googling it, there are 7 pages of results

I quit smoking early on. I got that paranoia thing almost every time. It took all the fun out of it.

• Like 2

Just now, HappyExpat57 said:

I quit smoking early on. I got that paranoia thing almost every time. It took all the fun out of it.

And did you throw your appliances out the window?

Look, you had a choice, you chose to try cannabis, you had a bad experience and you stopped. Stop the presses.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Sure, if you say so. :rolleyes

Are you saying that this Italian man was suffering from THC induced paranoia? I mean in your "expert" opinion?

Impossible to tell from a news article.  I can conclude thar his behaviour was abnormal.

Temp.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, worgeordie said:

They didn't find any YaBa ,because he had already taken them.......

regards Worgeordie 

They didn't find any cyanide, goldfish or warthogs because he'd already eaten those too, isn't that right Sherlock?

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, JBChiangRai said:

They didn't find any cyanide, goldfish or warthogs because he'd already eaten those too, isn't that right Sherlock?

Shoot, I spoke too soon.

Maybe we'll wait for the results of the drugs tests?

Magistrates gone crazy.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Cause and effect.... Sherlock  , Not normal to go off like that on weed , YaBa  common , just saying.

regards Worgeordie

regards worgeordie

Have you tried YaBa?

It's not normal on YaBa to do that either, more likely perhaps.....but certainly not normal.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Have you tried YaBa?

It's not normal on YaBa to do that either, more likely perhaps.....but certainly not normal.

But it is common and normal for people to do that on alcohol, right?  Interesting how that's not being implicated here.  Maybe because it doesn't fit anyone's agenda?  Not sure

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Cause and effect.... Sherlock  , Not normal to go off like that on weed , YaBa  common , just saying.

regards Worgeordie

regards worgeordie

According to statistics, approximately 1.3 people per 1,000 will experience Cannabis induced psychosis in extended use over 50 years.

Source Science Direct

22 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Impossible to tell from a news article.  I can conclude thar his behaviour was abnormal.

Temp.png

I have personally experienced this kind of effect from marijuana and it was not a rage or rampage, it was a terrifying collapse and fear.  While we can see that this person was a user of pot, it seems more likely that alcohol would cause this to me, in my silly layman's opinion.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

But it is common and normal for people to do that on alcohol, right?  Interesting how that's not being implicated here.  Maybe because it doesn't fit anyone's agenda?  Not sure

I don't know about alcohol, i never mentioned that, you did.

Despite you weed cheerleaders always preaching 24/7 that weed is harmless...

It can cause very bad paranoia in some/many people......Quite nasty...

But not often a violent paranoia...

Edited by redwood1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

According to statistics, approximately 1.3 people per 1,000 will experience Cannabis induced psychosis in extended use over 50 years.

Source Science Direct

Wow. That was a lengthy study.

3 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

I have personally experienced this kind of effect from marijuana and it was not a rage or rampage, it was a terrifying collapse and fear.  While we can see that this person was a user of pot, it seems more likely that alcohol would cause this to me, in my silly layman's opinion.  

Without a toxicology report, it's impossible to say.  We do know that Cannabis was found in his room and that he is Italian, I blame him being Italian, they are generally known to have fiery tempers.

(before you shoot me down, I'm joking)

2 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Despite you weed cheerleaders always preaching 24/7 that weed is harmless...

No one is saying cannabis is "harmless", that's just you being unable to form a cogent argument.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Source Science Direct

I would say weed can make 20-50% of people paranoid to some degree at one time or another...

• Haha 1