Most exciting thing you have done in Thailand

bignok

6 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Photographed 35 ton Bryde's Whale (big as our boat) and her calf in the Gulf of Thailand

Rode the SkyTrain on opening day, 5 Dec 1999. ????

Must have been the largest on record ... 

wiki ... "The body mass of Bryde's whales can range 12–25 metric tons (13–28 short tons)"

7 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

It was????

Good catch on my typo. Meant 25 not 35. She was massive tho 

1540676177207.jpg.d1d5accef747c206add7b57972604c3a.jpg

1540676174861.jpg.3599cff9298a56b602ebd6844f56a299.jpg

Which company did you use? It's something I've wanted to do for a while. I think "Wild Encounters" was the one I was looking at, if I remember they said if you don't see a whale they will take you out again another day for free.

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

Which company did you use? It's something I've wanted to do for a while. I think "Wild Encounters" was the one I was looking at, if I remember they said if you don't see a whale they will take you out again another day for free.

Yes that's the same company. Was 4 or 5 years ago. A good day and we'll worth it. Also saw a pair of Irrawaddy "Beakless" Dolphins. 

1683969347520.jpg.687aa8778f7cec1e6073f725ea493d28.jpg

1683969347394.jpg.6a02f44610a4453619a1790df4c6c876.jpg

• Like 1

I've done a few things...

I went into the prime minister's residence after the yellowshirts had taken it over. A lot of chaos but never felt too dangerous.

I went through the live fire zone set up by the army when the red shirts took control of the centre of Bangkok. I then walked in the complete pitch dark to the red shirts, praying that they would not shoot me dead.

I am attracted to real world excitement. No girly skydiving or free climbing for me.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, sidneybear said:

Bangkok on LSD

That would be a trip.  Wouldn't suggest anyone doing that solo, and always best to have an 'experienced' mentor/chaperone with you, JIC needing a reality check.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gaccha said:

I've done a few things...

I went into the prime minister's residence after the yellowshirts had taken it over. A lot of chaos but never felt too dangerous.

I went through the live fire zone set up by the army when the red shirts took control of the centre of Bangkok. I then walked in the complete pitch dark to the red shirts, praying that they would not shoot me dead.

I am attracted to real world excitement. No girly skydiving or free climbing for me.

Saw old ladies sky diving

3 minutes ago, bignok said:

Was not sure what crack meant.

Many meanings in English. A small gap in the pavement, the bit between your bum cheeks, a lady's downstairs bit, laughing, the sound of a whip a lot and cocaine. Take your pick.

And in Irish the Craic is the atmosphere, news, gossip, fun, entertainment etc.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

That would be a trip.  Wouldn't suggest anyone doing that solo, and always best to have an 'experienced' mentor/chaperone with you, JIC needing a reality check.

It was with my best mate. I'll never forget it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Reginald Prewster said:

Mae Hong Son 

270 Km/ 1864 Curves

Been there, done that (with Certificate.)

Bikers know where I am talking about... 

Certificate? Who gave you that?

On 5/6/2023 at 4:09 PM, josephbloggs said:

Yeah, I can't watch anything with canned laughter, it just ruins it. Not sure why most American "comedies" need it other than them not being funny.

I have liked Married with chidren for years but I do get sad/annoyed when after a witty comment one has to wait 'til the laughing stops before they carrying on.

Basil Faulty would have none of it.

1 hour ago, Reginald Prewster said:

Mae Hong Son 

270 Km/ 1864 Curves

Been there, done that (with Certificate.)

Bikers know where I am talking about... 

Yes a good ride to MHS.  Only been once , about a fortnight after getting my Honda Forza so a brilliant ride.

Came near getting kidnapped by Thai communists outside of Khon Kaen back in New Years time of 1973 , when I was working at the intel base outside of Udon, and went on an in country leave.   

I recognized something wasn't right during a not too subtle questioning by a group of about 12 - 15 men and kept repeating that I was just a clerk typist and didn't know anything about what was going on at the base.  

Still scares the cr a p out of me when I think about it sometimes.    I could have ended up China or the Soviet Union and no one would know what happened to me.   

Edited by radiochaser

2 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

Came near getting kidnapped by Thai communists outside of Koen Kean (sp?) back in 1973, during the time I was working at the intel base outside of Udon, when went on leave.   

I recognized something wasn't right during a not too subtle questioning by a group of about 12 - 15 men and kept repeating that I was just a clerk typist and didn't know anything about what was going on at the base.  

Still scares the cr a p out of me when I think about it sometimes.    I could have ended up China or the Soviet Union and no one would know what happened to me.   

Khon Kaen. Good story to tell if you did.

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

Khon Kaen. Good story to tell if you did.

You mean, if it actually happened?   It did.   Read it again.  I just did a little edit but still the same information

If the company had found out what I did, I would have been in front of  a courtsmartial board!

Edited by radiochaser