Video of Trump’s deposition in E. Jean Carroll trial released to the public

onthedarkside

Well I am no Trump apologist but i still think that one or more jurors may say that there is no tangible evidence that this thing ever occurred.  That neither Ms. Carroll, nor even 2 of her witnesses, can give an exact date that this occurred only a 6-8 month window, based on what clothes she remembers wearing, is not sufficient to hold Trump liable for such a loosely defined circumstance.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Well I am no Trump apologist but i still think that one or more jurors may say that there is no tangible evidence that this thing ever occurred.  That neither Ms. Carroll, nor even 2 of her witnesses, can give an exact date that this occurred only a 6-8 month window, based on what clothes she remembers wearing, is not sufficient to hold Trump liable for such a loosely defined circumstance.

In addition to battery,  Trump is also being sued for defamation.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, placeholder said:

In addition to battery,  Trump is also being sued for defamation.

Could be a chance for a split decision. No to the battery, yes to defamation.  Also, this is not a criminal proceeding, so the standard of proof is different (and lower).  

I guess that's up to jury decide whether Trump's defamatory statements were a reaction to something that -- at least as presented and as stated repeatedly by Trump and attorney Tacopina -- did not ever happen.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I would love the see Trump in jail. And preferably for a crime which he actually did.

Sorry to interrrupt your rant, but this is a civil trial.

And no, you can't speak with the manager.

Rant on.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

It's a shame Mr. Trump has to try and recall ever knowing this lady, on something he didn't do 27 years ago. Is she writing another book? Is she after a quick buck? Or is she just trying to be in the spotlight for once? Again, the truth will always come out in the end.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

It's a shame Mr. Trump has to try and recall ever knowing this lady, on something he didn't do 27 years ago. Is she writing another book? Is she after a quick buck? Or is she just trying to be in the spotlight for once? Again, the truth will always come out in the end.

How do you know he didn't do it? He can't even tell his ex wife from Carroll in a photo.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Most all of us  Americans believe in our fair judicial system. We all agree the jurors who have served will decide who is telling the truth and stand by their decisions'.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2023 at 11:04 AM, jerrymahoney said:

I guess that's up to jury decide whether Trump's defamatory statements were a reaction to something that -- at least as presented and as stated repeatedly by Trump and attorney Tacopina -- did not ever happen.

And you believe a serial liar?

• Thumbs Up 1