New rental owner wil not assist with TM30

Just moved into a new rental house. Now I need to do TM30 I suppose for 90 days and later on non O visa extension on marriage.  Can I fill TM 30 myself and show rental contract at immi??

3 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

Yeah you can do it yourself as Possessor of the residence. Here's the form: https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/simple-file-list2/form-download/TM30-New.pdf

@jumbo > It is correct that a TM-30 can be filed by the owner or the possessor (renter) of the place where the foreigner is staying.  Normally this has to be done within 24 hours of the foreigner arriving at the premises. 

It can be done on-line, but that requires that the owner or the renter first registers the address on the IO TM-30 website, when that has not been done yet.  With the address registered, an on-line TM-30 can be issued, and a print-out made of the confirmation of receipt by local Immigration.

So to answer OP's question > Yes you can do it as possessor (renter) of the address

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

@jumbo > It is correct that a TM-30 can be filed by the owner or the possessor (renter) of the place where the foreigner is staying.  Normally this has to be done within 24 hours of the foreigner arriving at the premises. 

It can be done on-line, but that requires that the owner or the renter first registers the address on the IO TM-30 website, when that has not been done yet.  With the address registered, an on-line TM-30 can be issued, and a print-out made of the confirmation of receipt by local Immigration.

So to answer OP's question > Yes you can do it as possessor (renter) of the address

I rented a place for a month and the landlord said he did not need to do it unless I was extending while staying there.

is that correct, or does it need to be done within 24 hrs anytime I move into a new unit?

(i.e. do they want to know everywhere I stayed during the 90 days, or is it good enough for just one place to file closest to the 90 mark).

Edited by JimTripper

20 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I rented a place for a month and the landlord said he did not need to do it unless I was extending while staying there.

is that correct, or does it need to be done within 24 hrs anytime I move into a new unit?

(i.e. do they want to know everywhere I stayed during the 90 days, or is it good enough for just one place to file closest to the 90 mark).

By law, it needs to be done within 24 hrs upon arrival to your hotel or rental residence and anytime your permanent address changes after that but hotels will pretty much always do one even if you have a permanent residence and are just staying one night. Unless you go to immigration for an extension, landlords and tenants get away with not doing it 99% of the time. Although recently a few Chinese "tourists" were fined 4000 THB each for not doing their TM30 after their residence was raided and nothing else illegal was found to charge them with.

Edited by Ohyesuare

10 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

When you did NOT relocate to that place, but simply spend a month there and then returned to your official address for Immigration purposes, there was/is no reason for YOU to inform local Immigration of that place that you are staying there for a month. 

However, in the case you describe, the landlord should have informed his local Imm Office that a foreigner (you) is staying at the premises. He did not do so, but since you didn't need any service from that local Imm Office, nobody would know you were staying there.  

So although he was not correct, it saved him the effort of notifying the local Imm Office that you were staying there, but it had the slight risk for HIM (not for YOU) that if Immigration had found out that you were staying there, that he would be fined for not having issued a TM-30 to that effect. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The place I rented for a month was my only permanent residence during that time.

Is there a way of checking to see if it was done, or is getting a copy anywhere I stay the answer. Feels like places would be reluctant to give out paperwork.

Maybe I can print out my rental agreement and present this to immigration at the 90 day appointment. If it was not done they should have the landlord on record to forward any fines to them directly.

Edited by JimTripper

Does anyone have the link for me to do them online? Or can the form noted above be dropped off at immigration after moving in? (Is it just that form, or are other documents required?)

I don’t mind doing it, I just want it done correctly and on time.

Edited by JimTripper

23 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

The place I rented for a month was my only permanent residence during that time.

Is there a way of checking to see if it was done, or is getting a copy anywhere I stay the answer. Feels like places would be reluctant to give out paperwork.

Maybe I can print out my rental agreement and present this to immigration at the 90 day appointment. If it was not done they should have the landlord on record to forward any fines to them directly.

If you did not inform the local Imm Office that you relocated to that new address and that that would now be your new permanent residence, your old address would still be your 'official address for Immigration purposes'. 

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

Does anyone have the link for me to do them online? Or can the form noted above be dropped off at immigration after moving in? (Is it just that form, or are other documents required?)

I don’t mind doing it, I just want it done correctly and on time.

I did PM you a comprehensive Guideline on how to register an address on the IO TM 30 website and notify Immigration of any foreigners (including yourself) staying at - or returning to - that address by issuing an on-line TM-30 notification. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

Does anyone have the link for me to do them online? 

Google "section 38 App" and it should show up to download (for some reason it's not in my Google play store)

Screenshot_20230508-111248_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20230508-125001.jpg

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Are you in Thailand? It wouldn't download for me in Australia, soon as I landed in Thailand it downloaded no problem 

yes, in Thailand, but note this is not the official download from the Google Playstore [which does not show up for me in Thailand]. File downloads from this link but when attempt to install get "cannot parse file" error message (old android on this phone the cause, maybe?).

Edited by mokwit

i just "moved" back to my old apt...ive lived here in past many times..each return seems to be more complicated....this time he had to produce a lease and how long im staying..give him my passport and pay him 100 bt to go to immig to process it....as last time was just for TM30 form

7 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

Yeah you can do it yourself as Possessor of the residence. Here's the form: https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/simple-file-list2/form-download/TM30-New.pdf

Or let the owner know he gets fined for not doing TM30s when/if tenants go to do an extension and he can easily set it up to do them online.

Is this for CW only?

Fill in the form and then take it to immigration? 

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

I did PM you a comprehensive Guideline on how to register an address on the IO TM 30 website and notify Immigration of any foreigners (including yourself) staying at - or returning to - that address by issuing an on-line TM-30 notification. 

Could you please pm me the same information? 

If you have the stamina; report to the immigration the refusal of your landlord and hence your inability to follow this completely outdated antiquated law ....... give 'em the phone number and name and let them do the talking. 

Works wonders as Thais are SOOOOOO scared of the government (not having understood that the government is to serve the people and not the other way round) ???? You're welcome! 

You should do it the first time do you  have the receipt in your PP…

in CM, one doesn’t need to report when you leave the province or even the country as long as you return to same address and nothing changes

i heard each province handles requirement differently re reporting 

Interesting, that Thais are not outraged about this. Fact is, that they skin an alien almost alive for not having all these forms, reports and show-of-gratitudes like i.e. TM30. 

Of interest might be, that many Thais are not living at their registered address; while I was still working I had in an SME a total of 14 staff, of which precisely ONE was living at the address as shown in the house register. 

Psychological warfare proving a governmental minority complex to prove, who is who on the banana boat ......... oh well ........ 

• Thumbs Up 1

I ALWAYS do a TM-30 when I move to NEW residence.  I move on a Friday after 18:00 so I have till the following Monday at the LOCAL IO closing time to file.  I do as POSSESSOR.

Had family ( 2 adults 1 child ) visit me from the states, did their TM-30 in 15 minutes at loal IO with my PP, TM-30, Rental agment.

People forget, ...YOU ARE.. responsible for ALL YOUR paperwork being up to DATE.

On 5/8/2023 at 2:20 PM, zzzzz said:

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/#

Note if you do it in person you need 
signed copy of Landlords ID card and Taam bien Baan
Copy of lease
For PHUKET.  Power of attorney form signed and 2 5 baht stamps

is the POA a new requirement?. I registered my new tenant, in June 2022. .all we presented to the IO section in Phuket town were (i) TM30 (ii) lease, (iii) house papers, and (iv) a very out-of-date id card for the Thai man registered  on the house papers (tambien baan). They weren't 100% happy. But they did process the change of address, which is all my tenant needed. Background: I hold the head lease.