Fake Driving License Scam Still a Major Issue on Facebook in Thailand

snoop1130

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

So extensions done without meeting financial requirements are scams too according to your logic.

This ain't Kansas.

To me the core issue is whether you get an actual license or not.

A Valid Driving Licence can be verified online....  anyone can check this with their DLT App and adding their Licence. 

Thus these ‘illegal licences’ may look real and pass a cursory glance but they may not have an associated online record in the DLT database....    

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You're really struggling with this one eh... 

Again...   This is not similar to Visa agents.... There are companies (agents) that assist you through the driving licence process to obtain a legal DL, in much the same manner Visa agents will assist you though the visa process and in some cases circumnavigate a few regulations to obtain a legal Visa. 

The report (OP) suggests something different - People issuing completely Fake Licences. 

If you want to make a Visa comparison, it would be like someone counterfeiting Visa stamps in your passport. 

I'm not struggling at all.

My point is that if these agents offered legit licenses without needing testing at the licensing place they would be exactly the same flavor of corruption as visa agents that don't require meeting visa requirements.

The problem here is they are not offering real licenses.

If the visa corruption is acceptable to us  what's the difference?

Yes I understood these license scammers are not offering legit licenses.

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

A Valid Driving Licence can be verified online....  anyone can check this with their DLT App and adding their Licence. 

Thus these ‘illegal licences’ may look real and pass a cursory glance but they may not have an associated online record in the DLT database....    

Would not if fake.

40 minutes ago, steven100 said:

image.png.fc0763c5d33edb63ce029d241a1bbeda.png

But there is something less dead here.

Wouldn't f rangs welcome corruption in licensing in the same way they welcome corruption in visas IF the licenses were as legit as the immigration stamps?

If not why not?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

A) There's probably no licence, they just take the fee and

B)If a licence is sent it will be a fake licence.

Yes understood.

But the scammers probably avoid lots of flak sending something.

19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:
19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

What happens to people who try to use such licenses?

The same that happens to people without licences ???... not a lot, an arbitrary fine if caught. 

From the OP...

"Victims could even face legal action for using fake documents and could be imprisoned from six months to five years and fined from 10,000 baht to 100,000 baht".

• Sad 1

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

From the OP...

"Victims could even face legal action for using fake documents and could be imprisoned from six months to five years and fined from 10,000 baht to 100,000 baht".

Harsh considering there are some fools that don't realize they have a fake.

19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I have seen these ads and perhaps naively thought they had a connection on the inside and were granting real licenses for a premium corruption fee. Similar to visa agents that sell real immigration stamps to unqualified applicants  TIT.

How do we know they are fake licenses?

From the OP...

"The fee is from 1,000 baht to 6,000 baht. When victims transferred money to the scammers, the suspects disappeared or sometimes the victim got fake driving license cards".

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm not struggling at all.

My point is that if these agents offered legit licenses without needing testing at the licensing place they would be exactly the same flavor of corruption as visa agents that don't require meeting visa requirements.

Yes I understood these license scammers are not offering legit licenses.

You seem not to be able to identify the difference ...

Visa Agents do not make their own rubber stamps and issue Fake Visas.

The visa’s issued by Visa Agents are official / Legal visa’s issued from an Immigration office - thats the difference. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

But there is something less dead here.

Wouldn't f rangs welcome corruption in licensing in the same way they welcome corruption in visas IF the licenses were as legit as the immigration stamps?

If not why not?

Of course....  But the SCAM DL is not a legit licence in the same manner the Visas issued by Visa Agents are legitimate / Legal visas issued by an immigration office.

This is surely not that difficult...   I am the only one who thinks Jing is being particularly pedantic and obtuse with this ?????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Would they work getting rental cars abroad? How would they know what Thai DLs are like?

It's a scam, As the OP stated, they don't send licences they just take the money!

Why not apply for one and report back?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Would they work getting rental cars abroad? How would they know what Thai DLs are like?

It's a scam, As the OP stated, they don't send licences they just take the money!

... "or sometimes the victim got fake driving license cards.....

12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You seem not to be able to identify the difference ...

Visa Agents do not make their own rubber stamps and issue Fake Visas.

The visa’s issued by Visa Agents are official / Legal visa’s issued from an Immigration office - thats the difference. 

Please stop speaking for me.

It is extremely obnoxious.

I understand the situation completely.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

"...what's the difference?"

The difference is that the visas obtained through agents are not fake visas, they are real visas. 

The "licence" services offered through these ads are not corruption (as you see visa agents services to be) as no licences are delivered, they are scams.

12 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why not apply for one and report back?

I will not.

But if real licenses were offered I would consider in the same way so many people use Visa agents without qualifying.

The difference is that the visas obtained through agents are not fake visas, they are real visas. 

The "licence" services offered through these ads are not corruption (as you see visa agents services to be) as no licences are delivered, they are scams.

Disagree 

If you get a visa without qualifying there is definitely corruption involved.

Disagree 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, nahkit said:

If the people posting on here asking about whats being offered had bothered to click the link and read it, we could of saved a whole page of posts.

That's not the AN poster's way!

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:
3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Disagree 

I didn't say that there wasn't.

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Disagree 

Yes... There in ’some cases’ with a Visa Agent there is an element of ‘corruption’ involved...   i.e. the Visa Agents have strong connections in Immigration who circumnavigate a regulation here or there (i.e. the Immigration officer / contact allows the Visa Agent to use their funds as proof of the seasoned 400,000 baht or 800,000 baht etc).... 

..... BUT... the Visa they Issue is still a Legally recognised Visa issued by an Immigration Office, there is a digital record of the Visa and it passes scrutiny. 

On the other Hand the Driving license Scam is a Scam... either those running the scam and calling themselves agents take the money and run, or issue a completely fake card. 

Its completely different.... and yes... its apparent in your ‘black and white’ world you are still really struggling with the ‘grey’ area within which much of Thailand operates.