British Man Arrested After Attacking a Tuk Tuk Taxi Driver in Phuket – VIDEO

webfact

8 hours ago, Neeranam said:

It's the correct thing to do, they would have been beaten up by many. 

Yes, Neeranam you can see already the pack rounding on them they would have beaten them with anything they could get their hands on till they were unconscious. How many times have we seen reports on MSN or 4-5 security ie Bouncers kicking the crap out of a tourist who can't defend themselves.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, save the frogs said:

are you advocating torture?

When at school, I got the cane for being a naughty boy - NOT for causing harm to others, by the way but for stupid disobedience.

It got my attention and it hurt at the time, but it did me no lasting harm and I certainly would NOT call it torture! 

But your very question leads me to believe that you might be a "Woke" sort of person in which case you no doubt disagree with corporal punishment of any sort.  Sadly, that is the only punishment which some thugs understand.

Edited by VBF

All these dumba$$es on the bikes need to pay restitution, a nice "vacation" for said 3 months in Bangkok jail, and then banned from Thailand. And oh yes, they have to pay for overstaying in the Kingdom and being put up in the Bangkok jail.  Would be nice to have a travel ban on them also.  No country should be subjected to idiots of this nature.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Neeranam said:

It's the correct thing to do, they would have been beaten up by many. 

like Sean Penn...if you are old enough to remember...stopped shooting for a week...Soi Bangla boys taught him some manners

14 hours ago, Jackbenimble said:

I'm a Brit and I am sad to say this behaviour is not unusual - young Brits these days are cowards but still like to think they can fight the world.........once they have had a drink. I hope they catch that thug in the black t-shirt and deal with him properly.

A few days in jail, a large fine as compensation for the tuk-tuk driver and then be thrown out of Thailand with no chance of return in the near future would be my take on it.  More than he would get in Britain but he is not in Britain is he.

12 hours ago, Goat said:

Yeah, blame the victim mate. Never the Brits fault right?

Was wondering when you’d pipe up with your usual Brit bashing comments. Yeh we all get it , you have issues with em . All of them apparently.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, d4dang said:

like Sean Penn...if you are old enough to remember...stopped shooting for a week...Soi Bangla boys taught him some manners

Sean Penn, the actor? Google reveals no such thing.

16 hours ago, Jackbenimble said:

I'm a Brit and I am sad to say this behaviour is not unusual - young Brits these days are cowards but still like to think they can fight the world.........once they have had a drink. I hope they catch that thug in the black t-shirt and deal with him properly.

I too am a Brit. I wholeheartedly agree with your post. 

Shameful - throw the book at him. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

If you drive into a vehicle, you pay the damage, end of.

Of course you do, but not end of. What sort of damage to a tuk tuk which is still able to drive would cost 6000Bt?

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, n00dle said:

But this is exactly how they would have reacted in blighty. This is how they hav been conditioned to behave.

Lads will be lads, especially after a few pints. 

No excuse. being drunk and incapable, note, incapable, should mean an automatic jail cell for the night plus a fine.

20 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I imagine there was little damage and the taxi driver was trying to make the most of it by asking an extortionate amount. 

A friend of mine was hit by a tuk tuk thing and they demanded he pay them 6,000 Bht fir a scratch to the tuk tuk. 

Good on the guy for showing tourists are no walkover. Most of the foreigners here would just pay up. 

You are free to imagine what you want from behind your keyboard.

Your friend's experience was exactly the opposite of what happened here.

Good on the guy for ... ruining his vacation and that of his thug friend completely ?

If it was my fault, I would pay up. Maybe negotiate a reasonable amount.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, quake said:

It was a Phuket taxi driver.

Who cares, hope it hurt. :thumbsup:

Its seems there are two completely opposing view points in this forum - as always the voice on the extremes is loudest... we have the following: 

a) Arrest the Brits, put them in Jail then deport them.

b) It was a TukTuk driver so he deserved it.

But, there is perhaps something closer the the middle ground here.

Given their reputation, I very much doubt the TukTuk driver was a measure of gentle & calm politeness, but the story does not cover that aspect at all which is odd (or deliberate).

The Brits were clearly ’triggered’ by something and became engaged in an argument, one of them resorting to violence. 

Regardless of reputation the TukTuk driver most definitely did not deserve to get hit, however, because of reputation it is easily ‘assumed’ that he contributed to the conflict rather than acting as calming force. 

One of the British guys was clearly a Thug and deserves a penalty no more severe than any Thai would receive in the same situation. 

Was this a ’Tit for Tat’ situation?...  The story simply does not dig enough into this and only deals (and shows) the latter parts of the conflict - IF we saw the whole story our judgement may alter. 

Either way, one of the Brits is ‘proven’ to be a thug and we are left guessing the rest because the article itself is so very very poorly written.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, waders123 said:

All these dumba$$es on the bikes need to pay restitution, a nice "vacation" for said 3 months in Bangkok jail, and then banned from Thailand. And oh yes, they have to pay for overstaying in the Kingdom and being put up in the Bangkok jail.  Would be nice to have a travel ban on them also.  No country should be subjected to idiots of this nature.

The thing being, "idiots of this nature" have lots of money, which the Thais covet????

If the Thais were more choosy ('if the Devil casted his net'), very large numbers of tourists would not be able to visit Thailand. For instance, if they had a drugs conviction, which I'm pretty sure disbars one from getting a visa to the USA.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, NickyLouie said:

No footage of the prior situation that led up this?

You see how a gang of Thai's came running immediately to get into the fight?

Yep... I can see that, but thats after the violence started. 

What happened with the lead up ?...

i.e. did one of the motorcyclists hit the TukTuk and the driver got out and started screaming and demanding 10,00 baht for damages. 

Or.. did the TukTuk driver pulled out in front of the Brits without looking casing them to hit him and that escalated.

Or.. were the Brits drunk, couldn’t ride properly, hit the TukTuk, the driver was polite and calm ?

There are plenty of possibilities and the story is incomplete.

7 minutes ago, NickyLouie said:

Phuket is a dump. 

Sweeping statements like this do not lend for intelligent discussions. 

Patong may not be everyones cup of tea, however there are area’s of Phuket which are excellent. 

Down in Nai Harn and Cape Panwa is lovely...  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

A huge percentage of tuk tuk drivers in Bangkok are scum, I came across a few when I first came to Thailand, but never got involved with any violence. Common sense should tell you to watch what you are doing in a foreign country.

I live in Bangkok and outside the tourist areas i never have a problem. Inside the tourist areas and in Phuket (lived there before) overcharging is a big problem. I never had any violence issues but know many stories from Phuket where they attacked non tuk tuk drivers when they thought they where "stealing" business.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

Of course you do, but not end of. What sort of damage to a tuk tuk which is still able to drive would cost 6000Bt?

The 6000 THB is something somebody posted without knowing anything about the discussion, so not a relevant question in this case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1