British Man Arrested After Attacking a Tuk Tuk Taxi Driver in Phuket – VIDEO

webfact

3 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Big brave farang, that Thai guy looks to be about six stone wringing wet. What I don't understand is why the farang and his mates didn't get severely beaten up by dozens of locals, as is normally the case.

The Brits were worried about damage deposits on the bikes, it's called, using your loaf,,,,????

• Like 1

Just now, giddyup said:

Amsterdam has warned young British men to "stay away", that's the kind of reputation the Brits abroad are getting.

Well, they shouldn't feed them puff instead of breakfast at the cafe..............:stoner:

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You're out of touch with reality if you think these guys are great examples of politeness and calm !!!! 

http://phuketwan.com/tourism/aussie-tourists-knifed-hospital-tuk-tuks-thugs-accused-13738/

An example from 12 years ago and the Aussies started it.

And it was not a road accident.

if someone punches me i punch back.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Big brave farang, that Thai guy looks to be about six stone wringing wet. What I don't understand is why the farang and his mates didn't get severely beaten up by dozens of locals, as is normally the case.

One could argue that instant Thai justice would have instilled the humility and respect that his parents failed to nurture.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Goat said:

Yes after being attacked themselves.

And they were escaping.

Anyway mate, this is laughable.

A Brit causes damage to a local, then punches him in the head but you are trying to blame the Thais.

Typical. 

Nope... you are taking a myopic view of my comments and your bias is forcing you into a binary perspective.

I’m firmly blaming the Brits for their Thuggish behaviour....    And, I’m also suggesting that the TukTuk driver may not have been the measure of polite calmness people such as yourself may want to portray so you can justify your bigotry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jackbenimble said:

I put it down to over-zealous liberalism, lazy parenting and the PC brigade getting far too much traction in society 30 years ago. Some of these kids today have never been told No and think they can do what they want with impunity. I hope they come down in this idiot with the full weight of the law. 

Most of what you write is exactly what we have so many times read in this site about Thai hoodlums. Same applies to them fleeing the scene,

But when standards are so low in Thailand this kind of scum is drawn to the country like flies to s***.  Almost daily stories about the riff-raff that rolls up on these shores. To any Singapore-based members - do they show up there too? I think I know the answer.

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nope... you are taking a myopic view of my comments and your bias is forcing you into a binary perspective.

I’m firmly blaming the Brits for their Thuggish behaviour....    And, I’m also suggesting that the TukTuk driver may not have been the measure of polite calmness people such as yourself may want to portray so you can justify your bigotry.

In fairness, many if not most "street" type Thai do not speak English politely and whenever there is a disagreement, they turn into high pitch shouting match in addition to lacking any and all listening or rational skills

I agree with you 100% more than likely taxi driver was demanding double if not triple or even more and was doing it in an angry and rude manner.

Brit would have come out looking at least somewhat half decent if he did not try to resist the police.

Should have been polite and explained his side of the story to police and things would have turned out very differently for him, 

Now he will be paying whatever taxi driver wants in addition to all other charges

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

There are lots of examples..   I’m not going to waste my time with a big search to prove something we all know... With the exception of a few posters... 

That is: 

- Moto-Tax drivers will gang up and attack. 

- Taxi drivers will gang up and attack (and often carry weapons)

- TukTuk drivers will gang up and attack (and often carry weapons)

Thats just life in Thailand...  and there is story after story and why so many on this forum always point out, that its never worth arguing over a few baht with these guys because they are often ‘unhinged’ and may be very quick to turn to violence. 

Again - before anyone intellectually challenged posters try and ‘point score’ and attempt to accuse me of ‘victim blaming’ this doesn’t condone the actions of the British Thugs who resorted to violence.... BUT, what I am pointing out is that like Taxi Drivers and Win-Riders, Phuket TukTuk drivers do not have the best of reputations with regards to their honesty and peaceful resolution to conflict.

The only ones who ganged up were the Brits. Where did you read of any other Win drivers showing up to join in? Your comment is true of course on many other occasions, but entirely irrelevant in this case.

2 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

I am not a Brit, but fully agree with you! Question is, why is it so and is it mainly the younger guys that think that way?

In my experience, Brits are wound fairly tightly.  It's a very classist and hierarchical culture.  It's also, I feel, centred around humiliation and looking down on people.  A lot of bullying and teasing going on that lasts well into adulthood.  As in, actual adults worry about being teased or what people will think of them in various ways.  There's also a lot of what I guess could be classified as toxic masculinity (I mean real toxic masculinity, like around drinking, fighting and f*cking).  Guys are very excited to get as drunk as possible and then act like someone out of a London gangster movie.

Night times in towns where people are drinking is kind of like a dystopian purge night situation.  People behave in ways that they would never dream of while sober and in the daytime.

Many Brits need to get drunk to do things like dancing, talking to strangers or singing Karaoke.

Search for "Booze Britain" on YouTube.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

In my experience, Brits are wound fairly tightly.  It's a very classist and hierarchical culture.  It's also, I feel, centred around humiliation and looking down on people.  A lot of bullying and teasing going on that lasts well into adulthood.  As in, actual adults worry about being teased or what people will think of them in various ways.  There's also a lot of what I guess could be classified as toxic masculinity (I mean real toxic masculinity, like around drinking, fighting and f*cking).  Guys are very excited to get as drunk as possible and then act like someone out of a London gangster movie.

Night times in towns where people are drinking is kind of like a dystopian purge night situation.  People behave in ways that they would never dream of while sober and in the daytime.

Many Brits need to get drunk to do things like dancing, talking to strangers or singing Karaoke.

Search for "Booze Britain" on YouTube.

I don't think you know any Brits, perhaps confusing wiv Australians..........????

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

I am not a Brit, but fully agree with you! Question is, why is it so and is it mainly the younger guys that think that way?

Many younger tourists upgrade their drinks from beer to shots all day because of the price difference from where they come from. The last thing they need is a motorbike. Whether the tuk tuk driver over re acted is irrellevant. The hero in the black shirt should've done a runner.

1 minute ago, transam said:

I don't think you know any Brits, perhaps confusing wiv Australians..........????

It's not all Brits, of course.  But there is a sizeable demographic of young British men who like to go out and get wa*kered then re-enact Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

Perhaps they share some DNA with the Australians?  There were a few sent over there at some point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I agree.. It may not be relevant in this case... 

I used such examples to highlight how the reputation of TukTuk drivers is not the best. 

Thus, its possible the TukTuk driver was not the shrinking violet some want to suggest. 

It often takes ‘back and forth’ for these situations to escalate...   and so I question IF the TukTuk driver were behaving in a reasonable manner, OR, if he was he also ‘escalating’ the situation with his behaviour.... 

My negative bias of TukTuk drivers in Phuket is based on personal experience, stories from friends and also from numerous news reports over the years....  In general, TukTuk drivers in phuket are not perfect examples of calm politeness.... putting it bluntly, in general they are scam artists who are quick to resort to violence....     

Does that mean I think the Brits behaved appropriately ???... No, of course not, there is no excuse for the behaviour of the British Thugs... but, that doesn't mean I think the TukTuk driver was perfectly calm and polite, on the contrary, I suspect he was quite vocal and triggered the Brits into an angry response as the situation escalated.

It seems that you're fighting a losing battle here.  People don't even appear to be fully reading what you're posting.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

This kind of behavior can be witnessed every Friday and Saturday night in most, if not all English Towns and Cities

Animals

Alcohol is obviously the main contributory factor but further exacerbated by the cokeheads. I'm mid-50s and been around the block but you can pretty much enter any UK pub / venue and you'll never be more than a few feet away from a bag of coke. Yes, it's always been there but definitely more prevalent nowadays and possibly more 'socially' acceptable.

The mix of alcohol and higher purity of coke these days makes some users a ticking time bomb and the cokeheads will always be in the middle of any trouble.

I'm not suggesting the thugs in the OP were on coke, by the way.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BangkokReady said:

It's not all Brits, of course.  But there is a sizeable demographic of young British men who like to go out and get wa*kered then re-enact Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

Perhaps they share some DNA with the Australians?  There were a few sent over there at some point.

In the UK they don't get the cane anymore for being an ass_ole at school, as us older chap's did, they now get a bag of crisp's...................????

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1