British Man Arrested After Attacking a Tuk Tuk Taxi Driver in Phuket – VIDEO

webfact

2 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

I am not a Brit, but fully agree with you! Question is, why is it so and is it mainly the younger guys that think that way?

Upbringing?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed... no justification for the violence.... 

But...  I doubt the TukTuk driver was a polite measure of calmness and being perfectly reasonable. 

Would you be if it was your car hit by a possibly drunk, argumentative lout?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Goat said:

Upbringing?

Trawl back up this thread and read the discussion between me and@richard_smith237We have similar but also different ideas on the "cause and effect"...sort of "same, same but different" ????

Edited by VBF

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'm sure Thai’s can also spot a judgemental bigot... 

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

But...  I doubt the TukTuk driver was a polite measure of calmness and being perfectly reasonable. 

So can I.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:
5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed... no justification for the violence.... 

Would you be if it was your car hit by a possibly drunk, argumentative lout?

Its happened...  so yes... 

Again... no justification for the violence... But I do wonder whether emotions were high all round which caused the situation to escalate the way it did.

7 minutes ago, Goat said:

Next thing he will crash his bike and be begging others to help pay his medical costs on Go Fund Me.

I liked Brits before I arrived in Thailand. Now I cant stand any of them. 

They are endlessly complaining about indians, arabs, russians, chinese and thais.

But if it were up to me they would be the first group I would ban. Their behaviour is the worst.

Their continued behaviour like this reflects badly on all farangs, of which most Thais can not tell the difference.

Well, stop mixing with these youngsters, stick with your own age.........:stoner:

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Surasak said:

When I was kid manners and politeness was instilled in the first five years, along with discipline. There was also respect for one's elders. Slowly over the years that kind of thing has diminished to the point of non existence. Most kids of today have no respect for anyone or anything.  

Careful...you'll get accused of being a "boomer"....like me! (I agree with you, by the way)

(Sorry Richard....but it had to be said) ????

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

The Brits were probably moments away from having a machete pulled on them...

Aw Gawd.

Can you post a link of an example of Phuket tuktuk drivers attacking tourists with machetes please.

You are just making things up.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Goat said:

What a load of rubbish. I have been in a few minor accidents here. When in the wrong I paid up. 

Of course you did... you paid exactly what they asked right ??

Never were the 'Thais" swarming out of the woodwork to get an attack in.

Utter rubbish...    You’ve never seen Thai’s swarming to attack and fight ??? really ???

Why do you think so many people ‘hit & run’ ??? Ans: For that very reason, the fear of people swarming and attacking. 

If you really think Thais had us so much,

In genreal, no... Thai's think no more of us than they think of each other. We are treated with a general indifference which is perfectly fine IMO.

However, in area’s of high tourist footfall (areas of Pattaya and Patong), yes... I see an element of resentment which is possibly borne of a few ‘visible’ idiots drawing negative attention and underlying resentment from the Thai’s in that area. 

what are you doing here?

Stupid “if you don't like it go home” style comment - not warranted with a response. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Then don't mix with any Brits, really easy, and after your 40 years here, you should know better.....????

I do know better. Which is what my comment said. 

It isnt just me who has these feelings for them. I dont have a problem with any other nationality. Happy to mix with Russians, Chinese, Indians, Thais and all the other groups the Brits like complaining about.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Big brave farang, that Thai guy looks to be about six stone wringing wet. What I don't understand is why the farang and his mates didn't get severely beaten up by dozens of locals, as is normally the case.

3 minutes ago, John Drake said:
29 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

then they all tried to scarper before they were mob-handled....  

Looks to me like they were "mob-handled" after "they all tried to scarper."

It seems the Brits very narrowly avoided a solid kicking...  which may have been deserved to a certain extent. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Of course you did... you paid exactly what they asked right ??

One woman I cleaned up the amount seemed cheap. I actually gave her more than she asked for. My fault, I owned up. I could have punched her in the face and driven off i suppose.

Another one agreed to get me a quote for parts which she did. Not worth claiming on my insurance.

Tell me about your experiences of being fleeced and bashed in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I do know better. Which is what my comment said. 

It isnt just me who has these feelings for them. I dont have a problem with any other nationality. Happy to mix with Russians, Chinese, Indians, Thais and all the other groups the Brits like complaining about.

You missed out Australians, but I don't blame you.................:stoner:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Indeed...  plenty of guessing as always with these reports... 

Given the quality of reporting we see here repeated on this forum, would you place 100% faith in the accuracy of the report ???... 

We have the video, but not what led up to it.

We saw the same a number of months back (French Guys in Samui)... the video was very conveniently cut not to show what happened earlier.... it was only later that another video surfaces showing that the ‘other side’ (Thai side) was not as ‘innocent’ as the initial report suggests. 

Thus, yes, a lot of supposition and guess work... but not so blind as you suggest. 

Whatever happened to those French guys? 

Young to be driving around in a brand new 10m motor!

• Thanks 1