British Man Arrested After Attacking a Tuk Tuk Taxi Driver in Phuket – VIDEO

webfact

Just now, torturedsole said:

Alcohol is obviously the main contributory factor but further exacerbated by the cokeheads. I'm mid-50s and been around the block but you can pretty much enter any UK pub / venue and you'll never be more than a few feet away from a bag of coke. Yes, it's always been there but definitely more prevalent nowadays and possibly more 'socially' acceptable.

The mix of alcohol and higher purity of coke these days makes some users a ticking time bomb and the cokeheads will always be in the middle of any trouble.

I'm not suggesting the thugs in the OP were on coke, by the way.

Oh, yes you did........................:unsure:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toby1947 said:

Good on him, the little sh#t was probably trying to extort money like they all do. Advise plant your feet harder before throwing the left hook 

You always have people who blame the Thai even when it is evident that the other guys where wrong.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I imagine there was little damage and the taxi driver was trying to make the most of it by asking an extortionate amount. 

A friend of mine was hit by a tuk tuk thing and they demanded he pay them 6,000 Bht fir a scratch to the tuk tuk. 

Good on the guy for showing tourists are no walkover. Most of the foreigners here would just pay up. 

You have a vivid imagination....

What I saw in the clip is the guy in black shirt gets off his bike, walls over to the tuktuk driver, punch him few times and then jumps on the bike and run like a baby. If there was an argument over the amount, they could have just call the police to mediate.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Why do you think so many people ‘hit & run’ ??? Ans: For that very reason, the fear of people swarming and attacking.

No, Ans: coz most of them don't have license / tax / insurance or they're under the influence ( drunk ).

Only the guilty flee the scene.

Apart from that comment you've pretty much got the rest figured out, as per normal when RTA are mentioned, good job.

• Thumbs Up 1

I doubt they would have been given the opportunity to ‘call their insurance’ guy (if they had it)... 

... its quite like the TukTuk drivers eyes lit up and the inflated claims were screamed right off the bat !!!... 

Guess work at best to shift the blame.

Correct - it is a guess, but an educated one based on experience of being here and the history of numerous other articles in this forum alone... 

Do any of us really believe the TukTuk driver got out and was polite and nicely requested a perfectly reasonable amount ???

No story involving a TukTuk driver ever reported anything other than extorting cheating, aggressive characteristics - why should this TukTuk driver be any different ????

Absolut nonsense, you have a very selective memory.

Well, they didn’t try to scarper... 

They’d stopped... had the ‘argument’ situation escalated... one of them ‘snapped’ and decided to try and end the argument physically....   then they all tried to scarper before they were mob-handled....  

In a similar situation - how do you ‘face your responsibility’ ??...  

....I may be wrong of course, but seeing these things occurs before I’m guessing the TukTuk driver was very loud, verbally aggressive and claiming an exorbitant amount for damage....  (and thats if he didn’t pull out on the motorcyclists int he first place - I’m not sure I believe the TukTuk was parked)

Better stop guessing to make your story valid.

9 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Absolut nonsense, you have a very selective memory.

Seems you have too if you believe all TukTuk drivers are model citizens... 

... Phuket TukTuk drivers have quite the negative reputation for a reason.

7 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Better stop guessing to make your story valid.

Its all a guess.... and I’m ‘guessing’ the TukTuk driver was not the model of innocence people such as yourself believe, having placed all your faith in the article without providing any of your own critical thought. 

I’ve even exampled how similar articles have been misleading in the past... (i.e. with cut videos etc)... 

Yes the Brits were thugs (I’ve repeated this numerous times)....  Was the TukTuk driver a perfect measure of calm ????  -  do you believe he was ???

What do you think happened ?? you think the Brit drove into the TukTuk... TukTuk driver go out, didn’t say a word, and the Brit just walked up and punched him ???

(Also a possibility - but usually people are triggered into violence, even d!ckhead drunk tourists).

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Valid points... all of the above too... And also because they’re scared of getting kicking from the locals. 

And the frightened - local justice is a thing here. 

Loving the support... ????... but my point is, no, its not sorted out at all... 

Too many times we’ve seen half a video on which half an article was written and we have pages and pages of comments of people calling for the 'death-penatly' until we ‘discover’ the full uncut video and recognise that what ever issue it was being reported was actually a little more ’tit for tat’ than we were initially led to believe.... 

... such examples have made me very sceptical of what I read in the news on these forums when events such as this occur. 

All valid points Richard.

As i'm sure you're aware most of the 'altercations' ( if that's what you wish to call them ) happens with tourists, many times dunk.

It's seldom that 'long timers' ( if that's what you wish to call them ) experience anything like this.

In my time here i could count on one hand the amount of times i've see 'altercations', it's not that common.

NB!! support will continue.

1 minute ago, PJ71 said:

All valid points Richard.

As i'm sure you're aware most of the 'altercations' ( if that's what you wish to call them ) happens with tourists, many times dunk.

It's seldom that 'long timers' ( if that's what you wish to call them ) experience anything like this.

In my time here i could count on one hand the amount of times i've see 'altercations', it's not that common.

NB!! support will continue.

Agreed.. Booze definitely a factor... 

Unfortunately, these area’s attract the worst and the dregs of both worlds.

I also agree...   I seldom see altercations, but that said, I could have been involved in many, if I’d argued back with a TukTuk / Taxi trying to rip me off etc...  language makes a big difference too....

5 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:
8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Was the TukTuk driver a perfect measure of calm ????  -  do you believe he was ???

I am not going to guess / make up wild stories if I don't know.

Fair enough - its all speculation....  and this is a forum designed for discussion... 

Perhaps you are better off reading the news.

However, I’m not as confident as you to blindly accept everything I read in articles such as this as absolute fact... as they say “there’s more to the story”.....    and it could be that some convenient facts were omitted here...   where is the earlier part of the video ??? Or is that the start ?

Edited by richard_smith237

14 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

No, Ans: coz most of them don't have license / tax / insurance or they're under the influence ( drunk ).

Even if they were licenced (doubt it), taxed (only if licenced), insured (only if licenced and taxed) their travel insurance (doubt they thought of that) would be invalidated by virtue of not wearing helmets. 

GoFundMe patrons in the making. 

• Confused 1

Just now, torturedsole said:

Even if they were licenced (doubt it), taxed (only if licenced), insured (only if licenced and taxed) their travel insurance (doubt they thought of that) would be invalidated by virtue of not wearing helmets. 

Sorry, for clarity i was talking about Thais that leave the scene of RTAs, normally tourists do not flee.

4 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

The bikes' owner tax the bike, not the rider, compulsory insurance is for the ride in Thailand....

Edited by transam
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Tax is for the ride, compulsory insurance is for the ride..

Private insurance is a different matter...

i understand that, but does the compulsory insurance cover pissed tourists, i highly doubt it....

• Sad 1