British Man Arrested After Attacking a Tuk Tuk Taxi Driver in Phuket – VIDEO

webfact

21 hours ago, John Drake said:

Look on twitter some time. It's the new normal. People in the UK (and the US) apparently just brawl and fight all the time for nothing. Mass riot if the KFC runs out of chicken wings. These people are why Thailand, whatever its problems, is a better place than back home.

But you those KFC wings are really good....5555555.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Taboo2 said:

First, these guys were Brits, second, try telling that to American from LA, Oakland, Detroit, Baltimore, Chi Town and see what happens key board tough guy.  I would not ever get into a fight with an American, especially  those from the Southern States (start with Kentucky)...they are bred to fight.  Why do you think we go to wars...for fun?

Better yet, there are many black Americans here in Patts and Phuket...go up to them and say what you submitted and ask for a friendly fight and then tell me how that turns out.  You have never lived in America.

21 hours ago, VBF said:

I agree. There's little discipline in Britain today, yet little pranks (not violent attacks like this one) are regarded as serious offences, yet this sort of violent attack brings out the "PC" and "Woke" idiots who want to let these thugs off with excuses like "came from a broken home" or "father abused him" or some such nonsense.

Speaking as an old fart (!) I'm glad NOT to be young here anymore. At least when i was young there were CLEAR guidelines set out by my parents and teachers so I grew up knowing right from wrong. Having said that, I'm NOT excusing their behaviour and think the Thai authorities should deal with them severely. If that involves imprisonment and / or pain, so be it!

Does this explain the rise in Knife fights in the UK.  In the states we are used to gang members shooting and it is normal, but we have few knife fights.  I do note that a lot of young UK kids are knife to death in the UK.  

20 hours ago, 1happykamper said:

Good grief! You're just guessing what the driver wanted. The big gutless wonder kid  was an idiot and he and his mates are lucky to be alive.

Terrible behavior  

True, very true.  Two incidents I have been involved with here in Patts:

1.  My friend insulted the Taxi driver when he was asking for a high price to take us to a club.  I begged him to apologize.  He refused.  The Taxi guy got out with baton and was ready to beat his brains out.  I defused the situation and it was fine.

2.  This young black with kid with is Russia GF bumped my motor bike taxi and words were exchanged, the black guy twice came to argue with the motorbike guy.  Twice I begged him to let it go and the motorbike guy was also mellow.  After the second argument, he went to the compartment and got his gun out and was waiting for idiot black guy to come back.  I said do it, I have no problems with you taking care of business.  Luckily he went home with his Euro babe.  My only worry  was that I would have to explain what happened, and I would tell the cops the truth, he deserved it.

Do not mess with the Thais here.  It is their country and this country is a thousands of years older than us.  Life is cheap.  

I can fight (Jujitsu), but I cannot take on more than 1 man at a time.  Learn how to de-escalate.

Those Brits are dumb.  Sorry, but it is the truth.  Arrogant and no ability to apply critical thinking skills.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, VBF said:

yet this sort of violent attack brings out the "PC" and "Woke" idiots who want to let these thugs off with excuses like "came from a broken home" or "father abused him" or some such nonsense.

Hook, line and sinker......what drivel.

• Sad 2

37 minutes ago, Neeranam said:
2 hours ago, arithai12 said:

You are free to imagine what you want from behind your keyboard.

What exactly does this mean? We are all behind keyboards when we comment. 

It means he’s either trying to be a smart ar$e without applying any critical thought to his words... 

Or.. is daft enough to completely believe everything he reads without apply any further thought.

Edited by richard_smith237

19 minutes ago, Taboo2 said:

True, very true.  Two incidents I have been involved with here in Patts:

1.  My friend insulted the Taxi driver when he was asking for a high price to take us to a club.  I begged him to apologize.  He refused.  The Taxi guy got out with baton and was ready to beat his brains out.  I defused the situation and it was fine.

2.  This young black with kid with is Russia GF bumped my motor bike taxi and words were exchanged, the black guy twice came to argue with the motorbike guy.  Twice I begged him to let it go and the motorbike guy was also mellow.  After the second argument, he went to the compartment and got his gun out and was waiting for idiot black guy to come back.  I said do it, I have no problems with you taking care of business.  Luckily he went home with his Euro babe.  My only worry  was that I would have to explain what happened, and I would tell the cops the truth, he deserved it.

Do not mess with the Thais here.  It is their country and this country is a thousands of years older than us.  Life is cheap.  

I can fight (Jujitsu), but I cannot take on more than 1 man at a time.  Learn how to de-escalate.

Those Brits are dumb.  Sorry, but it is the truth.  Arrogant and no ability to apply critical thinking skills.

Probably 15 years ago an old friend was crossing Asoke Rd (Sukhumvit X'ing) in BKK (not sure why he was crossing Asoke when there's an underpass!?????), when a motorbike taxi brushed past him quite roughly. My friend responded by slapping/hitting the guy's crash helmet.

I explained to him that it's best to NEVER do that, no matter what the situation is. It could could have been that within 10 seconds he was surrounded by 8 other riders, one of whom may have even been carrying a knife.

(He's quite an intelligent guy, who had spent many years in Thailand, and I was surprised that I needed to point this out to him!).

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, we got some of it at school and most certainly at home! Perhaps before your time?

no. i've never seen it. i saw a façade. its just easier to spot now with social media. 

22 hours ago, Neeranam said:

If he waits until a court appearance, not much more than that but I suspect the police will get 100k or more out of him. 

I can see the Bouquet of flowers and a basket of fruit coming the Way of the Tuk Tuk driver with the groveling apology all of course photographed.

22 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

For me it is, damage will be repaired by a shop i choose.

What was the Damage? paint Scratch, dent in the door or wing, lets be seeing a picture of the Damage if it was a bike crashing into it the bike would be laying on the ground.

1 minute ago, BarraMarra said:

What was the Damage? paint Scratch, dent in the door or wing, lets be seeing a picture of the Damage if it was a bike crashing into it the bike would be laying on the ground.

That's not the issue now as the damage should have been dealt with at the time. The falangs had every opportunity to call their insurance company (if there was one, but I doubt it) to settle the matter amicably. 

But they didn't, the tuk tuk driver was assaulted and off they went. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, PJ71 said:

yes, you need to confirm that insurance will cover pissed tourists on motorbikes.

i find this hard to believe.

How do you know they were pissed he was arrested the next day. Might have only had 1 beer but as usual tourist appeared drunk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

Does this explain the rise in Knife fights in the UK.  In the states we are used to gang members shooting and it is normal, but we have few knife fights.  I do note that a lot of young UK kids are knife to death in the UK.  

You like shooting kids in School to Taboo Reguler as well..

2 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

I don't know but probably. If there were more guns available in UK we would probably have an equivalent rise in gun crime. I use the word "probably" because I don't have statistics but just my reasoning.

29 minutes ago, Goat said:

You come on ranting and making up imagined stories stating the Thais were going to attack these Brits with a machete for simply running in to his tuk tuk, that it was the parked tuk tuk driver that ran into the Brits, the Thais were trying to extort the lovely Brit, the Thais edited the video to make the Brits looked bad etc etc on and on. 

Reading comprehension a struggle I see...  

- I have mentioned that in ’these circles’ (taxi drivers  / TukTuk drivers / Win Riders) weapons such as machete’s usually surface when there is a conflict. 

- I have mentioned that as the situation was getting heated violence was a moment away.

- I have mention that the story is incomplete and there may be bias in the reporting. 

- I have mentioned that there is precedent for bias in the reporting and exampled the ’Samui incident’.

- I have also mentioned that there is a lot of precedent for TukTuks extorting westerners. 

- I have not mentioned that the ‘brits are lovely’ (I have condoned their behaviour)

- I have not menionted the the video was edited by Thai’s, but did mention the start of the video may have been cut (as it was with the Samui example)

- I have mentioned that we do not see the whole story.

You judged and have accused this honest hard working Thai man despite not knowing him.

Fair point - I do not know him, but neither have I judged him. 

- I have highlighted that TukTuk drivers do not have the best reputation.

- I have highlighted that its possible the TukTuk driver was agitated 

- I have highlighted that I doubt the TukTuk driver was a measure of calm politeness given their general reputation. 

And... I have also highlighted that IF people ONLY believe EXACTLY what the article states and video showing the latter half of the confrontation presents as being the ‘whole story’ then they are not very bright.

I know you wont see the irony in you calling me a bigot.

But that is typical.

Beyond any shadow of a doubt...  disliking ALL Brits is bigotry because of the actions of a minority is utter bigotry.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

It's not "usual" that accidents turn into violence, it's the exception.

Most accidents are cleared peacefully.

In many years and -I guess -150000km on Thailand's roads I was involved in three accidents, none of them severe.

A motorbike taxis crashed in my car from behind when I was turning right. Big noise, big cry for "compensation". I called the police, case cleared.

Another time I touched the mirror of another car (my fault). We stopped, I called my insurance, the agent showed up after 20 minutes. Case closed.

In a village somewhere in the northeastern outback, I had top break sharply because a kid ran across the street just in front of me. My bike slided into a push cart causing minor damages there. The owner helped me up, took my bike from the street, gave me something to drink and asked if I needed medical help. That was it.

No one ever attaced me with a machete and I never felt the need to hit the opponent.

• Thanks 1

On 5/11/2023 at 2:05 PM, Myran said:

Too bad the mob didn't get a hold of him. Some street justice would have served him right.

Yeah, feed him to the savages.

That's the kind of world we should have.

On 5/11/2023 at 2:01 PM, Neeranam said:

I imagine there was little damage and the taxi driver was trying to make the most of it by asking an extortionate amount. 

A friend of mine was hit by a tuk tuk thing and they demanded he pay them 6,000 Bht fir a scratch to the tuk tuk. 

Good on the guy for showing tourists are no walkover. Most of the foreigners here would just pay up. 

Exactly, when you have an accident the insurance fixes it, you don't have to turn all Don Corleone.

The Thai guy was extorting him.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Agree. 

The Brit needed to think where he was before he started hitting the extorter but make no mistake about it, the tuk tuk driver thought it was his birthday when the farang hit his tuk tuk. Now his prize will be even bigger.

I have no sympathy for the tuk tuk driver or his cronies who instantly appeared on the scene for the chance to beatdown some farangs. Shame the Brits didn't get away with it, then it would have been a case of som nam na for all the others you have ripped off.

37 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Exactly, when you have an accident the insurance fixes it, you don't have to turn all Don Corleone.

Erm....     its very unlikely either of these machines had any insurance at all... 

But agree...  given the reputation of TukTuk drivers in Phuket its a fair guess that the TukTuk driver saw an opportunity...  

Where is the damage ? no photos in the story ????

• Sad 1

On 5/11/2023 at 1:56 PM, Jackbenimble said:

I hope they catch that thug in the black t-shirt and deal with him properly.

The entire thread, including the massive, bold headline, is about his being arrested, didn't you read any of it?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Right. So now you are accusing the Thais of making it all up.

And the fight they started in the Kamala Cafe? They must have been extorted by the cashier in there too right?

And the damage they caused to the taxi as well? 

And running from the police? Only guilty people need to run from the police.

I look forward to having a laugh while reading some more of your apologistic imagined stories.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2023/05/12/rawdy-british-tourist/

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

35 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Erm....     its very unlikely either of these machines had any insurance at all... 

But agree...  given the reputation of TukTuk drivers in Phuket its a fair guess that the TukTuk driver saw an opportunity...  

I assume it was a rental motorcycle the farang was riding. It should really be insured.

But the insurance probably wouldn't pay out under certain circumstances, for example, if the Thai guy didn't have an up-to-date tax sticker.

35 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Exactly. If there was damage, I bet it would be shown in media. Probably no damage.

I once had a Thai guy try to get compensation from me cos I touched his bumper in a parking spot. He was parked over the line (which I didn't notice when I reversed in).

There was no damage. He got nothing from me

Edited by 2009
  • Love It 1