British Man Arrested After Attacking a Tuk Tuk Taxi Driver in Phuket – VIDEO

webfact

27 minutes ago, Kenchamp said:

The Brit needed to think where he was before he started hitting the extorter but make no mistake about it, the tuk tuk driver thought it was his birthday when the farang hit his tuk tuk. Now his prize will be even bigger.

I have no sympathy for the tuk tuk driver or his cronies who instantly appeared on the scene for the chance to beatdown some farangs. Shame the Brits didn't get away with it, then it would have been a case of som nam na for all the others you have ripped off.

I don't take tuk tuks these days but never had a problem with the dozens I took and they're not all bad. The last one was circa 2012.

What is clear is that the driver was assaulted and the driver hasn't been charged with extortion.

13 minutes ago, Goat said:

Right. So now you are accusing the Thais of making it all up.

You're right. They couldn't possibly ask for compensation without actual damage.

That would defy the laws of physics.

????

On 5/11/2023 at 3:01 PM, Neeranam said:

The guy just had too much to drink and forgot where he was. In Manchester, this is normal behavior if anyone tries to rob you of money, like the taxi driver probably was. If it was a few hundred baht, they would just have paid.

"The guy just had too much to drink...

If it was a few hundred baht, they would just have paid".

You seem to know a lot about this person and the incident.

"...if anyone tries to rob you of money, like the taxi driver probably was"

And a lot about the taxi driver.

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How do you justify that unreasonable assumption?

I am sure the motorcycle dude is an experienced professional in the motor vehicle damage calculation industry. 

Better take his word for it.

On 5/11/2023 at 3:01 PM, FritsSikkink said:
On 5/11/2023 at 2:43 PM, Neeranam said:

I block such users, and I totally agree with you. 

Who cares who you block, good luck with it.

Hear, hear!    He mustn't realise that the only person who is affected by his "block" is him!

• Like 1

On 5/11/2023 at 3:50 PM, brianthainess said:
On 5/11/2023 at 1:15 PM, webfact said:

one foreign rider wearing a black shirt

So who is he pointing at in a white shirt. :unsure:

The attacker.  He'd been back to his hotel where he was arrested...perhaps he changed.

On 5/11/2023 at 4:11 PM, richard_smith237 said:

I’m guessing the TukTuk driver was very loud, verbally aggressive and claiming an exorbitant amount for damage....

Why do you keep banging on about something of which you have no idea whether it's factual, or not?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/11/2023 at 5:58 PM, jacknorman said:

why not arrest the tuk-tuk driver for extortion he probably do every day on multiple occasions and exaggerating price for the damage

Why not post something factual and accurate?   Unless you know the driver, of course?

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

Of course you do, but not end of. What sort of damage to a tuk tuk which is still able to drive would cost 6000Bt?

Nowhere was it reported that he wanted B6,000 to cover the damage to his taxi.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

3 hours ago, Goat said:

You come on ranting and making up imagined stories stating the Thais were going to attack these Brits with a machete for simply running in to his tuk tuk, that it was the parked tuk tuk driver that ran into the Brits, the Thais were trying to extort the lovely Brit, the Thais edited the video to make the Brits looked bad etc etc on and on. 

You judged and have accused this honest hard working Thai man despite not knowing him.

I know you wont see the irony in you calling me a bigot.

But that is typical.

Well said.

39 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Same way everyone knows it: the article says he demanded money from the guy, lol

Of course, he drove into him. But that was not your claim, you claimed the tuktuk driver was extorting him.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Everybody would ask for compensation after an accident, no? The Brit crashed into a standing TukTuk.

That's not how it works.

The insurance pays for any damage and the guilty party pays the fine (or goes to jail) for the traffic violation (or criminal offence), depending on the case.

If there's any injury, then compensation may be appropriate to cover medical expenses or death, if the insurance doesn't.

We didn't build civilization just to tear it down again, did we?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Of course, he drove into him. But that was not your claim, you claimed the tuktuk driver was extorting him.

I am not sure what you are getting at, but I think we may have different understandings of the definition of 'extortion':

ex·tor·tion

/ikˈstôrSH(ə)n,ekˈstôrSH(ə)n/

noun

the practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats.

He was trying to force the farang to pay whatever sum he wanted as compensation for the accident.

24 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Nothing of a threat or force was indicated except in your mind.

The tuk tuk driver was telling him to give him money. 

It's not his place to do that. He was trying to force money out of him.

24 minutes ago, stevenl said:

And no, there will be no insurance to pay for something ppl like this, the guilty party has to pony up.

In that case, there's a due process to follow to get the guilty party to pay up for damage (if there even was any)

And maybe the insurance wouldn't pay up because of some fault of the tuk tuk driver, such as no road tax or expired license, in which case nobody is "ponying up", lol

Edited by 2009
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, 2009 said:
12 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Bike rider's fault, he was illegally riding.

That's not how it works, mate.

Didn't say that's how it does work.  Mate.  My daft response was to an equally daft post, try to read the context.  Mate.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, 2009 said:
12 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How do you know that?

Same way everyone knows it: the article says he demanded money from the guy, lol

1)  The OP does not state that he "demanded" money, it says that he asked for compensation which is reasonable.

2)  You used the word "extortion".   You have no idea whether extortion was used.

• Like 1