Trump ignites fresh controversy after outlandish primetime appearance on CNN

onthedarkside

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

If you're looking for possible conspiracy theories in this, CNN deliberately decided to pump up Trump in order to reduce the chances for his rivals. CNN understand that Trump can't win an election from here.

CNN may well have delivered Trump his biggest boost yet in his quest for the 2024 GOP nomination — an ironic twist for a news network to which the former president almost always used to append the term “Fake News.”

All of the traits that Trump’s hardcore supporters admire were on full display on Wednesday — the belligerence, the swatting-aside of criticism and the mocking of opponents and adversaries.

He never came close to being trapped in any politically awkward spot — save perhaps when declining to answer whether he wanted Russia or Ukraine to win the war sparked by Russian President Vladimir Putin’s February 2022 invasion.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3999116-five-takeaways-from-trumps-cnn-town-hall/

You forgot the main ingredient.

Seething grievance.

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

Good lord, do we actually..........agree........... on something? Time to buy a lottery ticket!

I didn't say I agreed. It's a conspiracy theory and I believe they have a 100% failure rate. I think CNN were simply too stupid to see this coming. It is a fact that they did stack the audience, the question was why?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

You really think "raw story" is a credible source?  I would like to hear how the writer came to this conclusion.  New Hampshire is not exactly GOP country- Biden won it in 2020.

Are you saying that Trump didn't even manage to get 400 votes in New Hampshire?

7 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I am starting to think it may all be part of a cunning plot on the part of CNN. Much like how the Democratic Party deliberately supported radical GOP candidates in the run up to the 2022 mid term elections. They want Trump as the GOP nominee because they think he is beatable.  More than any of the other candidates.  So they give him a forum and a relatively receptive audience to work his magic with. 

And it just might work. 

Now, if Trump was the frontrunner by far in the polling, then your suspicion would clearly be unfounded.

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You're assuming that the potted plant, Biden, gets the Dems nomination.

Oh, he will. They are already circling the wagons. No debates for the Democratic primaries etc. Plus if he drops, then the Democrats are basically forced to push Harris to the top spot. And that would be a disaster of epic proportions.

As for Trump, I hope the GOP will come to their senses and nominate someone else.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Phoenix Rising said:

No doubt about that. He has his carnival barker/snake oil salesman/aggrieved pre-teen down to a T.

finally someone tells it like it is about CNN. thank you. :)

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

I am starting to think it may all be part of a cunning plot on the part of CNN. Much like how the Democratic Party deliberately supported radical GOP candidates in the run up to the 2022 mid term elections. They want Trump as the GOP nominee because they think he is beatable.  More than any of the other candidates.  So they give him a forum and a relatively receptive audience to work his magic with. 

And it just might work. 

Agreed.  It would have been easy for him to add something new but that is not part of his brand.

He has no chance to win the Presidency ever again and that is all that is important

It was a win for Trump and I wonder if other Independents were going to be swayed. I do not think any RINO's were in attendance.

Edited by earlinclaifornia
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

We must have watched a different CNN town Hall meeting.     The one I saw had Dump doing his usual tactic of  continually talking over the moderator.

On the other hand, he did very kindly point out to her that she is a "nasty person".

Edited by placeholder
  • Haha 2

My understanding of this event was that the deal Trump made including allowing the CNN host to fact check and question him. 

Otherwise as he didn’t face any Republican challengers and had a super friendly audience it would have just been another fascist trump propaganda rally.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Nevermind CNN, it seems both the MAGA-types and the Dems believed they won.  The MAGA folks got some free prime time exposure while the Dems got about a month's worth of ammo for attack ads in the general election.

Loser?  The moderate Republicans who will be stuck with Trump as their nominee for 2024.

Not a whole lot of those left