Trump ignites fresh controversy after outlandish primetime appearance on CNN

onthedarkside

7 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

No, it is not hogwash. The part of my post which you cut proves it with credible links. Gas prices DID reach $9 under Biden as he claimed.

"Fact check "He wrongly claimed that U.S. gasoline prices reached $9 under Biden. The highest weekly average price under Biden was about $5 in June 2022."

Actual reality "MENDOCINO, Calif. -- If you think gas prices are bad here in the Central Valley, be glad you're not filling up in the Northern California community of Mendocino.

Schlafer's Auto Repair is selling regular gas for $9.60 for a gallon."

https://abc30.com/california-gas-10-dollars-a-gallon-highest-prices-in-country-mendocino/11932601/

So technically he is correct, yes OK it's not a national average but he did not claim the national average was $9. I'd say Trump is clearly more on the factual side than the fact checker. And most of the fact checks are questionable for the same reason."

These mental gymnastics you have to come up with to defend Trump must be exhausting for you. 
It’s like saying the average US house price is $2 million because,  you know, Manhattan. 
We know he’s cherry-picking the truth, even he knows he’s cherry-picking the truth, but devotees like you just keep digging that hole. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

These mental gymnastics you have to come up with to defend Trump must be exhausting for you. 
It’s like saying the average US house price is $2 million because,  you know, Manhattan. 
We know he’s cherry-picking the truth, even he knows he’s cherry-picking the truth, but devotees like you just keep digging that hole. 

? He did not say "average" price, only you did. If you have to make false claims about what Trump said in order to "debunk" them, well that is not good is it?

Contrary to your false accusation, I am not a "devotee" I am just interested in knowing the real facts about issues.

2 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

? He did not say "average" price, only you did. If you have to make false claims about what Trump said in order to "debunk" them, well that is not good is it?

Contrary to your false accusation, I am not a "devotee" I am just interested in knowing the real facts about issues.

Semantics. I used the word “average” as an illustration of how not to say something. He wrongly claimed that U.S. gasoline prices reached $9 under Biden. For anyone with half a brain they would take that as ALL gas prices reached $9 rather than just a small part of California. If he was being accurate (the whole point) he would have said “gas prices even reached $9 is SOME parts of the US”. 
He didn’t say that, hence why it’s factually incorrect. 

39 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Semantics. I used the word “average” as an illustration of how not to say something. He wrongly claimed that U.S. gasoline prices reached $9 under Biden. For anyone with half a brain they would take that as ALL gas prices reached $9 rather than just a small part of California. If he was being accurate (the whole point) he would have said “gas prices even reached $9 is SOME parts of the US”. 
He didn’t say that, hence why it’s factually incorrect. 

In 2022 i drove many miles between Sacramento and San Diego, $7.00 gal was average. Above Sac the prices increaed.

16 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

In 2022 i drove many miles between Sacramento and San Diego, $7.00 gal was average. Above Sac the prices increaed.

Today you can buy gasoline in Sacramento for 395 a gallon most stations a bit more personally I still feel that’s high I wish the Saudis would play ball that would help a great deal that beeing said trump continues to be a train wreck as we all saw on cnn the dudes a danger

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1