Another coffee shop near my hotel bites the dust.

steven100

Just now, bignok said:

How do you define hot? I wonder about their taste buds if they need hot.

1 minute ago, torturedsole said:

What the Shakin' Stevens does that mean. Hot or not hot, tepid, not iced. Jeez.

I thought my comment was clear enough. I'll give it one more go for you if you like:

When you are ordering a hot coffee in Thailand you are ordering a coffee that has been made with hot water and doesn't contain ice. The other options are iced coffee or ice blended coffee.

The fact that you have ordered a hot coffee, means that you are ordering a coffee that doesn't contain ice. It doe not guarantee it will be any particular temperature.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, JayClay said:

The fact that you have ordered a hot coffee, means that you are ordering a coffee that doesn't contain ice. It doe not guarantee it will be any particular temperature.

Then it's up to the staff to make sure you get what you ordered. 

You know, they could be proactive and ask questions. If I buy a steak, then I'll be asked how I would like it cooked. 

It's really not hard.

Just now, torturedsole said:

Then it's up to the staff to make sure you get what you ordered. 

He ordered a hot coffee and got a hot coffee, as the term is understood in this country [not iced]

If he'd wanted it extra hot he should have asked for extra hot.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

But people have their own requirements, irrespective of yours. 

Cool story bro, thanks for sharing......

Do note: I never stated a requirement nor would I expect anyone to follow it, I was merely stating my opinion. That is allowed, isn't it?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Do note: I never stated a requirement nor would I expect anyone to follow it, I was merely stating my opinion. That is allowed, isn't it?

Do what matters most and free yourself. I do recommend a toot of the White Buffalo to go with your coffee.

1 hour ago, bignok said:

Then you have to wait 5 minutes to drink it. Do that 1000 times you waste 5000 minutes of your life waiting.

If you are not willing to spend 5 minutes more in a coffee shop, every day, then you do something wrong. Relax! Try again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A couple of days ago I took my wife to Korat to visit her sick brother in hospital. I decided to wait in the on site Dunkin Donuts to suck up the air and wifi for an hour. Ordered a hot cappuccino and donut with low expectations. Donut was free and fresh ( promotion ) and the cappuccino was really good. Piping hot in a big cup. Price...50 baht. Don't know if this is par for the course but way better than all the Amazons I have tried.

We then returned to our Presidential Suite at our hotel. Well, why slum it like Steven when you can have a suite ( This is true not a joke. Amazing value for less than 1000 baht ).

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Denim said:

We then returned to our Presidential Suite at our hotel. Well, why slum it like Steven when you can have a suite ( This is true not a joke. Amazing value for less than 1000 baht ).

Very funny. ????

Please share where we can all enjoy the Presidential Suite for less than 1000 baht. 

1 minute ago, torturedsole said:

Lovely but not really presidential, is it? Kind of ordinary.  

I'm trying not to laugh, but I can't help it.

Oh well, let it out....won't hurt. For less than 900 baht we had a bedroom , a living room , two bathrooms, a kitchen with electric hob and microwave etc , two air conditioners  and comfy sofa. The coffee shop also did a very good breaky for 80 baht. 3 minute walk from The Mall Korat !! What more could any man want. I spent almost as much on a bottle of wine from the Gourmet food court there.

But , if you really want to laugh , PM me and I will send you pics of me having a hot bubble bath.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Denim said:

Oh well, let it out....won't hurt. For less than 900 baht we had a bedroom , a living room , two bathrooms, a kitchen with electric hob and microwave etc , two air conditioners  and comfy sofa. The coffee shop also did a very good breaky for 80 baht. 3 minute walk from The Mall Korat !! What more could any man want. I spent almost as much on a bottle of wine from the Gourmet food court there.

But , if you really want to laugh , PM me and I will send you pics of me having a hot bubble bath.

Suite is 700 baht for dates i looked

Just now, bignok said:

Suite is 700 baht for dates i looked

Depends which site you book with. We just rocked up without booking.  Didn't really care much to be honest  , just wanted somewhere close to The Mall. We paid 810 I think. Just turned up without booking.

But hey, my main point is about the surprisingly good coffee I got from Dunkin Donuts. Always found Amazon to be crap. Small cups half full of lukewarm coffee served by indifferent staff. Even a 7/11 coffee beats Amazon.

3 minutes ago, Denim said:

Depends which site you book with. We just rocked up without booking.  Didn't really care much to be honest  , just wanted somewhere close to The Mall. We paid 810 I think. Just turned up without booking.

But hey, my main point is about the surprisingly good coffee I got from Dunkin Donuts. Always found Amazon to be crap. Small cups half full of lukewarm coffee served by indifferent staff. Even a 7/11 coffee beats Amazon.

I feel like living there at 700 baht plus donuts next door!

Edited by bignok

39 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You need the hot temperature, about 94-degree Celsius, for the best taste.

What if one is naturally contrary to invented standards and officialdom?

Then what...??

????

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Coffee shops serve warm coffee and not boiling hot coffee because cups of boing coffee take time to cool down and that causes customers to sit around for longer and less business for the shop .

You go to coffee shops for a coffee , you don't get a guaranteed smile with your coffee and staff shouldn't be forced to smile at customers 

No, in actual fact you pour coffee below absolute boil point so as to let more of the taste through....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bignok said:

I feel like living there at 700 baht plus donuts next door!

Well....it's surprising what a big city Korat is. A little Bangkok.   Interesting place too. Unfortunately , couldn't stay longer than 1 night as disabled MIL was screaming blue murder for wife ( main carer )  to hurry back and resume her duties.

• Haha 1